Discovery 5 SVX

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
The design cue (or whatever the guys with beard oil call it) with the headlights and tail lights extending into the side body work is such a disappointment. I saw a shiny new white RR on the road the other day and it really looks nice and tight, except for the silly Ford headlights and tail lights...and of course the faux gills on the freakin' doors is absurd.

jim-00-4.6

Sep 30, 2005
Genesee, CO USA
and of course the faux gills on the freakin' doors is absurd.
Those aren't "faux gills", those are the exhaust vents from the ball coolers.
You don't spend $90K on a cross-over non-sport utility vehicle and expect to be breathing in air that just circulated past your balls.
I mean, I don't.

ERover82

Nov 26, 2011
Darien Gap
Just noticed that while the SVX has 20" wheels, it does at least come with 32" Duratracs instead of the normal 31" Pirelli street tires. Still wouldn't trust it in the rocks though.

mgreenspan

Feb 28, 2005
Briggs's Back Yard
I like the Velar. But I don't 90k like it. You could have a pretty impressive Sport for that money and, while previously not a fan of the Sport, I like the new design.

I think I know why. The new RRS looks more like the old L322 than the new Range Rover does. Seeing a bunch of them over here on the roads in the UK they also look like they are about the same size. The new Range Rover has that curvy look that does nothing for me.

I've seen a lot of the new Discovery 5s on the road over here in the past 2.5 weeks. The front bumper design tapering in with the wheels bulging is gross. The rear end is gross. I've tried to find some way of liking it and I can't. On road next to a Discovery 3 or Discovery 4 if looks heinous.

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
I really with the Range Rover Velar was a replacement for the Evoque. I wouldn't have any problem with it then. BTW, we just had one at the shop on Friday with a sticker of $62k. That seems like a realistic price for that vehicle.

mgreenspan

Feb 28, 2005
Briggs's Back Yard
I did some surfing and the "first edition" version is the $90k one which you can put up to about $110k! The base price is still $8k over the f pace price.

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
I did some surfing and the "first edition" version is the $90k one which you can put up to about $110k! The base price is still $8k over the f pace price.

That's crazy. Why anyone would buy the Velar over the full size for that price is beyond me. While I don't like the looks, the Velar has a lot of cool tech stuff inside that the F Pace doesn't have.