Tcase swap on a 2002 D2?

BDM

May 23, 2005
OR
Is there another option for the CDL on a 2002 D2 other than a tcase swap from another truck?
I've heard something about a front nose conversion on the tcase instead. Couldn't find it on the forums here tho. Thanks

ezzzzzzz

Apr 22, 2010
SE Va
You can buy a used t-case for less than that. The biggest issue is the low range switch found in the later t-cases. I used an earlier housing without that switch bung in my '02 D2. It required adding a switch in dash to tell the SLABS that low range was engaged. Works like a charm.

DiscoTech

Nov 18, 2004
Side of the road....
I did a front nose swap on mine. Still have some issues to work out, adjustments and shit, but it locks up just fine. The locked indicator light can be annoying, mine always stays on. Lol

squirt

Nov 13, 2008
Los Angeles
I swapped a '99 front housing onto my '03. Left the existing center diff gears in the case, and only swapped the cone/shell. No sweat. Spliced the correct wire in the console(well documented here and elsewhere), and Low/Lock dash indicators work perfectly.

dcaven

Nov 16, 2007
Houston, TX
Where is that documented exactly? Just put a transfer case with CDL in my 03 but not indicator light. Not critical but would be nice. Thanks.