Folly Island SC

jastutte

Nov 10, 2009
Anyone familiar? We are looking at renting a house out there next year for vacation.

Pros? Cons?

Good places to eat fresh seafood?

Probably not taking the rover but if we do I may be asking about trails as the time gets closer.

Howski

Oct 19, 2009
Alabama
Have never been myself but have heard good things. I'm a huge fan of Sullivan's Island if you can find a place there. Of course both are getting blasted by the hurricane right now

kade

Oct 15, 2013
Upstate, SC
It's been several years since I've been but remember it seeming pretty low key. Which I like. And it's so close to Charleston you could drive up there for any restaurant you could want.

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
Anyone familiar? We are looking at renting a house out there next year for vacation.

Pros? Cons?

Probably not taking the rover but if we do I may be asking about trails as the time gets closer.

Great place to visit. You can stay on the IWW side or beach side, both are very nice. Eat at Taco Boy and Rita's.

emmodg

Apr 17, 2006
Check out St Helena Island - a bit north...It's a GREAT place, quiet when you want it and Beaufort is just down the road. Folly is OK but it's crowded because of Charleston. I like C'town but it has become one big Georgetown! If there were 6 borrows in New York - C'town would be the "southern-most"! It's got great restaurants and shopping, but it's over-crowded!

adriatic04

Mar 22, 2007
cleveland, oh

Pros? Cons?

its a chill place, not a whole lot going on. Echo what others here have said. Been too many years for me to remember specific spots, most of which probably renamed or closed. It's going to be your typical beach town, fried fish joints everywhere.

leeawalden

Feb 21, 2005
Atlanta, GA
No drinking on the beach as of a few years back. Good beach town. About 40ish from charleston. 100% taco boy. Went for a bachelor party a few years ago and I think we ate there 4/6 meals.

jastutte

Nov 10, 2009
We leave this Saturday. And we are taking the Rover. Saint Louis to Nashville to Knoxville to Asheville to Charleston to Folly Island.

We usually head west to Wyoming and Colorado, so this is new to us. Been to the Smokies once or twice but never this far east.

As long as the rain holds off we should be good. I'm looking forward to the beach, waves and seafood. Actually, I'm looking forward to the drive. I love driving new places and really looking forward to the Smokies again.

Thanks to all for their dining recommendations.

WeBeCinYa

Feb 25, 2016
NC
We leave this Saturday. And we are taking the Rover. Saint Louis to Nashville to Knoxville to Asheville to Charleston to Folly Island.

We usually head west to Wyoming and Colorado, so this is new to us. Been to the Smokies once or twice but never this far east.

As long as the rain holds off we should be good. I'm looking forward to the beach, waves and seafood. Actually, I'm looking forward to the drive. I love driving new places and really looking forward to the Smokies again.

Thanks to all for their dining recommendations.

As someone who visits this area regularly, Folly is a great place that is low key but super close to anything you need via Charleston.

Folly has some newer great placed to eat. Check out: Lost Dog Cafe or Rita's (Breakfast) Loggerheads (Lunch/Happy Hour)

If you are going to Charleston to eat the list goes for miles. But my favorites are: The Darling (oysters & seafood), Tattooed Moose (Duck Club), Slightly North of Broad ($$$), Lewis BBQ, Pages Okra Grill (across bridge to Mt. Pleasant).

Checking out downtown Charleston is a must if you are driving that far, especailly for the food/sights/things to do.

Enjoy!

lrover94

Apr 20, 2004
South Charleston, Ohio
I lived in Charleston way back when...awesome vacation place. But the beaches on the OBX ARE WAY BETTER. Lots of good places to eat. Massive historical sites to visit. You will need lots of time