Rover 1-Toyota 0

JohnB

Oct 18, 2007
Oregon
My wifey is sore but nothing broken. Toyota not so much. He was going about 15-20 when he hit her as she was at a red light. Thankful for the Rover saving her from something more serious.
IMG_0069-e3a6d9.jpg

jhmover

Apr 23, 2004
California
Check out the door hinges. I had some dummy in a Bronco do that to me. Looked like everything was fine until I washed it and had water in the back. Turned out the hinges were bent. No adjusting would cure the leak so I had them replaced.

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
Your spare tire holder is probably a little tired after that bump. Check the welds on the spare holder studs.

JohnB

Oct 18, 2007
Oregon
Oh I'm sure it's totaled. Damage is so minimal tire mount bent and kinda went into the rear door.
Oh well as long as wife gets a few months of physical therapy. Never planned on selling this D2 to anybody anyway. I'll just fix it and drive with a marked title and pocket the $50 they try to give me.

Week earlier I just repaired by myself the headliner so makes sense it gets totaled. My job was pretty good few wrinkles at corners but so much better than before.

JohnB

Oct 18, 2007
Oregon
Found a spare tire carrier for $19 at the wrecking yard. Bet the most expensive fix will the inside door panel clips since they seem to be one time use.

JohnB

Oct 18, 2007
Oregon
They gave me check for $2100 and it won't get totaled.
Told them going in I'm fine with a used tailgate so think that saved it.

JohnB

Oct 18, 2007
Oregon
Yep win win. Put the tire carrier on yesterday and can't even notice the dent on the tailgate.