Discovery 2 electrical problems.

ezzzzzzz

Apr 22, 2010
SE Va
Can the doors be opened from the inside when locked using the key in the driver's door? You don't mention if the engine runs but I'm assuming it does. Could it be your in super lock mode?

Jan 20, 2014
North Pownal, VT
exactly what I was headed for...

the code was a communication fault with the alarm

I have no locking of the doors by either the key or the Fob or the central locking button on dash. The key only lock the drivers door not the others.

I also do not have
turn signals (flash on dash but not outside the truck
wiper delay
wiper when squirting the washer fluid
transmission shift interlock
rear window operation

thanks for your help with this Will

Jan 20, 2014
North Pownal, VT
We've discovered that everything works fine, only with the wipers one. We've replaced both the wiper and turn signal stalk. That didnt fix the issue. So there is a correlation between the wipers on and the signal it sends. Any thoughts?

Jan 20, 2014
North Pownal, VT
With my foot on the brake pedal, the shift interlock pulls in and out with the wiper motor cycles. when the wipers move, the shifter pulls in and able to shift out of park. when the wipers return to park the shift interlock tab holds the shifter from moving.

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
It would appear that the BCU and wiper switch share a ground. This is one of those headers on the passenger side floorboard/bulkhead area.

proper4wd

Jun 11, 2015
boston
i think there is a broken wire from c0577-5 to c0586-9. when the wipers move away from the park position, 12V passes through the park switch as designed and back into the pass compartment fuse box through a diode. the circuit it is tied into, is normally energized by fuse 13 via c0586-9. without that connection, the voltage coming through the park switch energizes this circuit when the wipers are away from the park position. every time the wipers pass the park position, the switch momentarily grounds causing a loss of power to that circuit.

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
i think there is a broken wire from c0577-5 to c0586-9. when the wipers move away from the park position, 12V passes through the park switch as designed and back into the pass compartment fuse box through a diode. the circuit it is tied into, is normally energized by fuse 13 via c0586-9. without that connection, the voltage coming through the park switch energizes this circuit when the wipers are away from the park position. every time the wipers pass the park position, the switch momentarily grounds causing a loss of power to that circuit.

Easiest way to verify without using a voltmeter would be to run quick overlay from one to the other.

JW7926

Jul 16, 2020
Greenvile, SC
Does anyone have an update on this D2 electrical problem? Was it ever figured out?

My 2000 D2 is having the exact same symptoms, i.e. shift interlock, rear windows, door locks, turn signals and more not working unless the windshield wipers are turned on.

Any updates would be appreciated.