5" Lift Springs

Jethro

Dec 16, 2015
Sacramento
Interested in a set of 5" lift springs in decent shape...let me know what you have.

Prefer to avoid running spacers.

Thanks,

Apr 20, 2004
Floyd, Virginia
You have he other 1000s of dollars in parts needed to make it work? Driveshafts/Front and Rear Arms/Brakelines/Extended shocks just to name a few. I may be able to help with those if needed.

squirt

Nov 13, 2008
Los Angeles
1) Just cut a couple of coils from a spare set of OE springs, stick them under your current springs.

2) Keep the original shocks, which will prevent the brake lines from over-extending.

3) Remove the front driveshaft so you don't have to worry about it blowing up.

4) Use a torch to heat up the OE radius arms, then take a sledge to add a few degrees of angle.

5) Send it.

Jethro

Dec 16, 2015
Sacramento
1) Just cut a couple of coils from a spare set of OE springs, stick them under your current springs.

2) Keep the original shocks, which will prevent the brake lines from over-extending.

3) Remove the front driveshaft so you don't have to worry about it blowing up.

4) Use a torch to heat up the OE radius arms, then take a sledge to add a few degrees of angle.

5) Send it.

This sounds like the making of an amazing gambler car!

Jethro

Dec 16, 2015
Sacramento
Just out of curiosity what size tires are you trying to run?

I'm running 35s with lots of down travel and big bump stops.

It does well but like an inch or two more of up travel.

Will help with keeping the traction on the tires when climbing.

I could also get silly one day and go to a 37 with 5" springs but there is too much tread to worry about that now.

I'm running 30 spline chromemoly shafts from summers bros.

So not worried about breaking too many pieces.

K-rover

Jan 15, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Im not sure you need 5" springs to run 35's... The COG would be very high. Im running 34's with a 4" lift and am seriously considering going down to a 3" lift with 35's when the 34's wear out.

Does anyone even make 5" springs? I think RTE used to, but I dont see them on their website..

Edit.. Ive set mine up for mostly down travel as well..

31301920_1910222298988071_1743684854488236032_o.jpg

Mongo

Apr 19, 2004
You can run 35’s on a 3” lift on a D2 as long as you use a skinny tire and live with 3 inches of up travel. Keeps the truck low so you actually don’t have to worry about rolling it on a off ramp going faster than 10mph.
There’s a moron out here running a 14.5 wide on his, 4” terracrap lift with stock bump stops and can’t figure out why his rubs. Looks stupid and is also constantly popping beads because the rims aren’t wide enough to hold a it when he drops below 20psi.

K-rover

Jan 15, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I currently have 2.5" of unrestricted uptravel before it starts to hit the progessive foam bumpstops. I dont do any high speed stuff and this setup works very well!