Anyone Know This Person

Mongo

Apr 19, 2004
there are very few things about a swap that are cheap...I have the Racepak (Smatrtwire) set-up for my buggy, including the IQ3 dash, but I'm using a 2004 motor, so it doesnt support a ECU that old with a CAN bus connection. Plain old manual senders and those intergate into the system, and gives my analoque gauges if the dash craps out...

CORover

Jun 11, 2007
Colorado, USA
I figured it turned into a Cummins truck, it was at EJS for the RePower run. It had Indiana MFG plates on it. Who is RePowerToy in NM?

Jethro

Dec 16, 2015
Sacramento
I figured it turned into a Cummins truck, it was at EJS for the RePower run. It had Indiana MFG plates on it. Who is RePowerToy in NM?

There is a dirt everyday extra from a few months back were they briefly talked about the build.

Don't remember the specifics but the shop was doing several defender LS swaps and these Cummins into Defenders too.

The disco was a Cummins suggestion it sounded like.

The different specs on the stall converters I found interesting...not sure where they settled but around 4k I believe.

These would be good for High Elevation technical trails like the Rubicon with the low end torque.

Biggest challenge is finding diesel in the remote areas or on the trail should something happen and need to find extra.

But those are really manageble too.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Biggest challenge is finding diesel in the remote areas or on the trail should something happen and need to find extra..

Not a problem unless you do a poor job of managing your fuel or are lazy. Assuming the Cummins returns 20mpg, a 20-gallon tank will get you 400 miles. Carry a spare jerry can and that gives you another 100 miles. So you have to be a minimum of 250 miles from a place that sells diesel for this to be a concern. There is nowhere in the lower 48 states where you can do this. Hell, I've driven across the Kalahari and the Great Namib deserts and even there fuel availability wasn't an issue.

Worried about rupturing your fuel tank? Take 2 jerry cans of diesel and invest in armor.

K-rover

Jan 15, 2010
Raleigh, NC
2.8 going into a classic....
31732352_10155190854961290_7356526035921272832_n.jpg