EVAP DTC never switches to ready

bradartigue

Mar 7, 2018
Sandy Springs, Georgia
I?ve read the posts and driven the patterns but I cannot seem to get my disco 2 (2000) to get past the evap dtc. Any ideas? Truck throws no codes at all. Driven over 400 miles.

bradartigue

Mar 7, 2018
Sandy Springs, Georgia
Ends up GA allows for 3 incompletes for the 96-2002 model years, so I passed. I can at least drive with a legal plate now. But of course the insurance people put in the wrong vin...so no plate until Wednesday.

I’m good on fuel trim. It simply never completes the evap cycle. I get a hint of fuel smell at times near the rear so I’m going to check that fuel pump seal and the evap hoses again.

Thanks!

bradartigue

Mar 7, 2018
Sandy Springs, Georgia
Smoke tests were completed a while ago, which revealed a number of issues in the fuel injection and vacuum lines. All resolved. The issue at the tank is now resolved as well, pure ignorance on my part in fact - the pump had no rubber seal.

When I removed the old pump it had been more or less glued in with some kind of nasty non-hardening sealant. The kind of thing someone buys at Pep Boys and it never works. I cleaned all that up and never realized there was no rubber seal on the old pump. The black "seal" I saw in the pump collar wasn't the seal at all. I ordered a new seal thinking it was that black collar, but instead was a part my truck didn't have. Now it does. No leaks, evap works.

I now have a zero code throwing Disco 2. Quite happy about that and thanks to those who offered advice.