DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > Member Trucks

Member Trucks DiscoWeb members' vehicle gallery

Disco 1

Member Trucks
Vehicle Name Disco 1
Year 1997
Make Land Rover
Model Discovery 1
Color Silver
1997 Land Rover Discovery 1
History I have bought this Disco 5.5 years ago. I use it every weekend at hard and rocky terrain, we have in Israel. Also I drive once a month to the desert for hard and technical dry rivers. Also, I had a lot of problems, from broken half shafts (the HD once from Ashcroft) to failed auto gearbox (3 times), I am very happy with my Disco and it never really failed me, I could always come back home. No I am in a project of D2 switch
Exterior
Small ruff rack with 12 liters of water and a pump in a spear weal mounting, for a shower.
Full armor both bumpers, side steps, fuel tank, both axles and more.
Also I have 4.11 from GBR Rovers front and rear axle, ARB lockers (I am not happy with it, as once a year I need to replace rubber o-rings, due to hard use), HD half shafts front and rear, stronger chassis mountings, rebuild driveshafts, some small modes to the transfer (no change in gears).

Interior
Nothing special. It is a three doors version, I have made some changes to the baggage area to fit all the spare parts and tools. All the sleeping "cargo" is on the roof, I am fighting not to load to match on the top. We are travelling 4 (Me my wife and two kids)

Suspension, Wheels, and Tires
I have a 2 inch lift with EFS HD springs, front shocks from Koni and rear from Terrafirma with external reservoir. I am happy with it. My rear radius arms are custom made from very strong material and the chassis mountings rebuild with 4mm steel. Also I have all the bushing from Super pro.
I run 235/85r16 Toyo Open country MT. I am very happy with it, I replace all the tires every year and it is my 3 set from Toyo. I used BFG before and I don't like it.
Comments: 0 / Views: 331