RRC Window ECU

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
I repaired all of mine +2 of others. It is really easy - past getting it out. On one or more trucks I just unbent the locking tabs on the aluminum case and pulled the board out. It does not take very long to find a cold solder joint.

Paul Grant

Sep 8, 2004
CT
I think the difference is what year you're looking to repair. The 1995 RRC used the same window lift ecu as the DI and repair takes seconds. I've never attempted a repair on a '93-'94 window lift ecu. It's a different ecu than the one in the '95. The '93-'94 has one touch for both front windows. There's also a smaller window lift ecu in '92 and earlier RRC's that control the one touch feature for only driver's side window.

4Runner

May 24, 2007
Boise Idaho
I repaired my 94 RRC. It's in a different case and laid out differently, but wasn't any different to fix than my Disco was.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Thread revival. D1 rear windows inop. Removed the circuit board, soldered the correct spot, replaced. Result 1: rear windows operate normally. Result 2: now my front windows won't move. Was careful with the removal and replacement, did not damage the circuit board in the process. What should I be looking for?

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
To add: connectors are seated well, I hear a clicking from behind the glove box when pushing the front window buttons.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Fixed it. Should have thought of this earlier, but fuse B1 (30A) under the steering wheel had blown. New fuse, now everything works as it should. Until the next little adventure...