Arnott Coil Conversion Kit

D

DiscoDriver

Well, it's finally happened. Rear end of my 00 DII is sitting on the stops. I'm going to convert to coils so I never have to worry with SLS "letting me down" (pun intended) again. :mad:

Anyone have experience/opinions/wisdom on the Arnott coil kit versus the Atlantic British kit? Or is there another source I should be looking at?

Thanks,

Mark

G

gil stevens

QCNR said:
No expirience.
Just be aware the DII was never type approved with coils as a 7 seater.

i dont know what type approved means, but there are plenty of DIIs with 7 seats and coils from the factory..

scottjal

Mar 16, 2006
Nashua, NH
scottjal.ath.cx
Thats what I thought too but I guess they had a stiffer or taller coil to fit for the 7 seaters.

Anyway you could turn this into an opportunity: I don't know if you have a lift yet but you could go with four +2" coils and shocks from RTE plus some spring perch's from will.

D

DiscoDriver

Thanks everyone!

PT and/or Scott, if I go with RTE or OME springs on the rear only (standard length, not 3") will the stock rear shocks still work or will I need to get different ones?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

scottjal

Mar 16, 2006
Nashua, NH
scottjal.ath.cx
I am not aware that RTE springs can be ordered in stock height, call steve at RTE. For the rear they recommend the OME N108 shock for the 2" lift. Should be perfect for stock height too.

The OME springs might be your best bet, I hear they net a 1.5" real lift when done where the RTE 2" actually net 2.5" real world.

D

DiscoDriver

Thanks. When I said standard I meant the 1.5"-2" lift versus 3"+ that generally requires bit of added complexity.