LR3 V6 - P0108 - alternative part

MonLand

Jun 29, 2005
Herndon, VA - USA
A few weeks ago, my '06 LR3 V6 started throwing a few codes but the sticky one was P0108. I also got, at the same time, a P0069 and/or a P0106.

Looking online in various forums/posts, it appears that the atmospheric pressure sensor was dead/dying and needed replacing. It happens that this sensor is attached to the EGR valve. So... You need replace both.

So.... It looks like I was in for a $200 part which I was not very happy about.

The V6 is a Ford engine that was used on the Explorer and other vehicles in the same era. Looking at pictures of Ford parts, I ended up buying EGR1814 (which can be seen here: https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/bwd-exhaust-gas-recirculation-valve-egr1814/20470717-P ) and I am happy to report that with minor modifications, it fits perfectly to the LR3. What did I do?
- open up the pressed tabs to be able to turn the top part by 9 degrees. (likely required, maybe the wiring harness was long enough, I was not going to take a chance)
- Cut the rubber pipe so that it does not stick out so much (optional)

I'm sure you can find a cheaper part somewhere, I went for convenience! :)

SafariDave

Sep 14, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
A few weeks ago, my '06 LR3 V6 started throwing a few codes but the sticky one was P0108. I also got, at the same time, a P0069 and/or a P0106.

Looking online in various forums/posts, it appears that the atmospheric pressure sensor was dead/dying and needed replacing. It happens that this sensor is attached to the EGR valve. So... You need replace both.

So.... It looks like I was in for a $200 part which I was not very happy about.

The V6 is a Ford engine that was used on the Explorer and other vehicles in the same era. Looking at pictures of Ford parts, I ended up buying EGR1814 (which can be seen here: https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/bwd-exhaust-gas-recirculation-valve-egr1814/20470717-P ) and I am happy to report that with minor modifications, it fits perfectly to the LR3. What did I do?
- open up the pressed tabs to be able to turn the top part by 9 degrees. (likely required, maybe the wiring harness was long enough, I was not going to take a chance)
- Cut the rubber pipe so that it does not stick out so much (optional)

I'm sure you can find a cheaper part somewhere, I went for convenience! :)
Thats great!
There should be a section just for the LR3 4.0 V6 since there are very few of them and owners do not know enough about that engine. I own a V8 4.4 and have no knowledge of that engine for the exception that same as the engine on the explorer & ranger and it's german built or made. Also the issues associated with it, besides the timing chain issues.
Dave