ZF auto bell housing (don't need the rest of it, just the bell)

turbodave

Nov 26, 2008
KY
Seems I can't find a verified full bolt pattern of the crank, dowel and bolt holes of the Buick 215 / RV8 anywhere, so I want to reverse engineer a ZF bell housing.
Anyone have one they want to part with for beer money?

turbodave

Nov 26, 2008
KY
Yep, looking to cut up a mustang T5 bell housing to fit a T5 manual into a Rover SD1 so I never have to be concerned about the reliability of an LT77 again!

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
Seems I can't find a verified full bolt pattern of the crank, dowel and bolt holes of the Buick 215 / RV8 anywhere, so I want to reverse engineer a ZF bell housing.
Anyone have one they want to part with for beer money?

Thanks for that link. I kind of forgot about Discomike. I figured he was going to ban that guy for asking how a 4.0 liner is thicker than a 4.6 liner.

turbodave

Nov 26, 2008
KY
Yeah, have you seen the cost?
Plus, try finding a 88-92 Camaro V8 T5... but mustang T5’s are easy to find and everywhere has parts for them. Finally, the fox mustang T5 actually puts the shifter pretty close to the SD1 LT77 shift location; the SN95 T5 even better... The GM T5 is way shorter from the end of the input to the gear stick.

Leadvagas

Jun 10, 2010
Leadville CO
Hmmmm, I thought that D&D listed an adapter plate for Ford T-5? I haven't talked to those guys in a while, their knowledge seems pretty good, but honestly their customer service isn't all that grate. Not so bad I wouldn't do business there just kind of arrogant. I don't know if this would interest you, but I have an R380 with bell housing. It needs syncro's, it had 90wt in it when I pulled it. If you're interested let me know.

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
I would think a 3rd gen camaro t5 would be easy to find and almost free since its so easy to put a better engine and t56 in one of those