99 D1 with High Idle

Lucabra

Jan 25, 2018
Upstate NY
I have a 99 D1 with a high idle upon start up , it pegs at 3000 RPM for a minute and then idles down to normal after it warms. Recently changed Cats and O2 sensors. Thought it was Idle Control Valve, changed that out no change...Any Idea's ?

colvere

Sep 3, 2004
Filer, ID
I just took mine to a local shop and he reset adaptive values and all is good again. Mine was same issue

4Runner

May 24, 2007
Boise Idaho
I would check your TPS. Maybe move it around see what changes. Maybe set your base idle. You could also have a vacuum leak that your IAC has to compensate for. Look at your hoses carefully. Is your oil filler cap on tight. Is the prong in good shape? That’s where I would start. Probably vacuum first and tps second. Good luck.

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
I wrote some software you can find here to reset the adaptive idle, but any time mine has done this it was after I reattached the battery and it had a poor connection.

Ryeguy02

Sep 3, 2017
Canada
My 98 was doing the same thing. Tried changing several sensors and nothing. Pulled out the ecu and it was rusted like crazy. Changed it out with another one and problem was solved.