DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > Politics

Politics Political BS

View Poll Results: How much did Russian meddling affect your vote?
My vote was severely impacted by Russian meddling. 5 15.63%
Russian meddling moderately affected my vote. 0 0%
My vote was unswayed by said meddling. 23 71.88%
I am uncertain to what extend my vote was meddled with. 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2018, 09:18 AM
I'm still not Senior? WTF?

Wait, wait wait. I've GOT IT! Scott, you're suspicious Trump dumped millions of his own money, campaigned for two years, would run the entire country for four years (and actually get something done in contrast to previous politicians) all so he could (very, very sneakily) build a Trump tower in Moscow.

Whew, now that's just something. Here in the South us good 'ol boys would say, "well I'll be damned!"

This is the final chapter of inside Scott's head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Brian was right!
Old 11-30-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
The big deal? All the while Trump was praising Putin and saying the Russians didn't hack Hillary - it was a 400lb fat kid in his mom's basement - he was trying to get money and help from Russia to build a hotel in Moscow.

That's not the least bit suspicious?

No, it's not suspicious at all. It's the most logical hypothesis.

You go from telling the world he's going to start a war with Russia, to telling the world he's their best friend.

Shaking hands is better than throwing punches.

Make up your mind.

Cheers,

Kennith

Dan Chapman is a coward. I own a magical island.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:48 PM

Member Trucks
People like SGaynor think "Russia" is some nefarious alien planet and anyone who has had actual contact with them or...."gasp"....actually traveled there must be in league with Russia's efforts to conquer the Earth. Anyone having anything to do with Russia gets Russia on them and they are then infected and no longer viable humans.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:33 PM
KN4KFS

So why were they lying about it?

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
People like SGaynor think "Russia" is some nefarious alien planet and anyone who has had actual contact with them or...."gasp"....actually traveled there must be in league with Russia's efforts to conquer the Earth. Anyone having anything to do with Russia gets Russia on them and they are then infected and no longer viable humans.
I guess I'm not a viable human, then. Three quarters of my business used to come from Russia.

My previous predictions are, as usual, falling into place one by one. How many times do people like me have to point out the inevitable before people start listening?

If the left has their way, we'll be up against that Asian alliance I warned about, and that's not a supposition; it's now a certainty.

People need to learn to be patient. These irritating, short-sided little fucks have done exactly what I said they would, with the exact same results I said would become manifest.

Every plan on the table is at least a ten year plan. Fucking get used to it, people. If they don't learn to wait, they'll tank the whole nation, and create a more powerful force in the world over which we will have no economic control.

They're a bunch of snot-nosed brats who want mommy to give them ice cream now, without realizing that if the wait a while, they'll get chocolate syrup for it when they get home. The problem is, once they get home, they'll find someone used it all.

Enjoy plain vanilla, but know they're the ones that gave away the syrup and sprinkles.

Cheers,

Kennith

Old 11-30-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
So why were they lying about it?
The left and the media have created such a shit-storm now that the lines between truth and falsehood are blurred to the point of being unidentifiable. You have no idea who has lied about what, at this point.

Truth is whatever the media can convince people it is, and the media is heavily left-leaning. Today, that means they're an unfocused mess.

Large media outlets are no better than TMZ today. The new left made that happen. Facebook made that happen. Google is directly responsible, but from an unintentional perspective, and now they don't really have a way to stop it.

It's a war of popular interest.

Cheers,

Kennith

Old 11-30-2018, 05:01 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennith View Post
The left and the media have created such a shit-storm now that the lines between truth and falsehood are blurred to the point of being unidentifiable. You have no idea who has lied about what, at this point.

Truth is whatever the media can convince people it is, and the media is heavily left-leaning. Today, that means they're an unfocused mess.
When asked a direct question and someone responds, "No," and then later it is shown that the answer was a resounding, "Yes," that's not the media. That's the administration saying a blatant falsehood - aka, lying.

But go on thinking the "media" is just making this all up out of thin air.

From January 2017:
QUESTION: Back in January, the president said that nobody in his campaign had been in touch with the Russians. Now today, can you still say definitively that nobody on the Trump campaign ? not even General Flynn ? had any contact with the Russians before the election?
SPICER: My understanding is that what General Flynn has now expressed is that during the transition period ? well, we were very clear that during the transition period, he did ? he did speak with the ambassador.
QUESTION: I'm talking about during the campaign.
SPICER: I don't have any ? I ? there's nothing that would conclude me that anything different has changed with respect to that time period.

DICKERSON: Did anyone involved in the Trump campaign have any contact with Russians trying to meddle with the election?
CONWAY: Absolutely not. And I discussed that with the president-elect just last night. Those conversations never happened. I hear people saying it like it's a fact on television. That is just not only inaccurate and false, but it's dangerous and it does undermine our democracy.

WALLACE: I?m asking a direct question: Was there any contact in any way between Trump or his associates and the Kremlin or cutouts they had?
PENCE: I joined this campaign in the summer, and I can tell you that all the contact by the Trump campaign and associates was with the American people. We were fully engaged with taking his message to make America great again all across this country. That?s why he won in a landslide election.
(CROSSTALK)
WALLACE: -- if there were any contacts, sir, I?m just trying to get an answer.
PENCE: Yes. I ? of course not. Why would there be any contacts between the campaign? Chris, the ? this is all a distraction, and it's all part of a narrative to delegitimize the election and to question the legitimacy of this presidency. The American people see right through it.

DICKERSON: Just to button up one question, did any adviser or anybody in the Trump campaign have any contact with the Russians who were trying to meddle in the election?
MIKE PENCE: Of course not. And I think to suggest that is to give credence to some of these bizarre rumors that have swirled around the candidacy.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
When asked a direct question and someone responds, "No," and then later it is shown that the answer was a resounding, "Yes," that's not the media. That's the administration saying a blatant falsehood - aka, lying.

But go on thinking the "media" is just making this all up out of thin air.

From January 2017:
QUESTION: Back in January, the president said that nobody in his campaign had been in touch with the Russians. Now today, can you still say definitively that nobody on the Trump campaign ? not even General Flynn ? had any contact with the Russians before the election?
SPICER: My understanding is that what General Flynn has now expressed is that during the transition period ? well, we were very clear that during the transition period, he did ? he did speak with the ambassador.
QUESTION: I'm talking about during the campaign.
SPICER: I don't have any ? I ? there's nothing that would conclude me that anything different has changed with respect to that time period.

DICKERSON: Did anyone involved in the Trump campaign have any contact with Russians trying to meddle with the election?
CONWAY: Absolutely not. And I discussed that with the president-elect just last night. Those conversations never happened. I hear people saying it like it's a fact on television. That is just not only inaccurate and false, but it's dangerous and it does undermine our democracy.

WALLACE: I?m asking a direct question: Was there any contact in any way between Trump or his associates and the Kremlin or cutouts they had?
PENCE: I joined this campaign in the summer, and I can tell you that all the contact by the Trump campaign and associates was with the American people. We were fully engaged with taking his message to make America great again all across this country. That?s why he won in a landslide election.
(CROSSTALK)
WALLACE: -- if there were any contacts, sir, I?m just trying to get an answer.
PENCE: Yes. I ? of course not. Why would there be any contacts between the campaign? Chris, the ? this is all a distraction, and it's all part of a narrative to delegitimize the election and to question the legitimacy of this presidency. The American people see right through it.

DICKERSON: Just to button up one question, did any adviser or anybody in the Trump campaign have any contact with the Russians who were trying to meddle in the election?
MIKE PENCE: Of course not. And I think to suggest that is to give credence to some of these bizarre rumors that have swirled around the candidacy.

As noted, you're either a troll or a person with a mental disability.

I don't know why anyone would even respond to you, at this point. I know you're damned well wasting my time.

It was nice "knowing" you. At least Dan's not an idiot.

Cheers,

Kennith

Old 11-30-2018, 10:05 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennith View Post
As noted, you're either a troll or a person with a mental disability.

I don't know why anyone would even respond to you, at this point. I know you're damned well wasting my time.

It was nice "knowing" you. At least Dan's not an idiot.

Cheers,

Kennith
So, you are defending their statements (as if they were true) that have been proven false...

by calling me an idiot.

Got it.

Like I said - your logic is illogical.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 11-30-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
So, you are defending their statements (as if they were true) that have been proven false...

by calling me an idiot.

Got it.

Like I said - your logic is illogical.
This is the last time we will exchange words. I hope you find the help you need, because life can't be fun for you, man.

Take care of yourself before trying to take care of the nation.

Cheers,

Kennith

Old 12-01-2018, 09:40 AM
KN4KFS

Trump:

February 16, 2017, less than a month after he was sworn in as president, Donald Trump made a categorical declaration. ?I have nothing to do with Russia,? he said. ?To the best of my knowledge, no person that I deal with does.?

He?s said this?or a version of it?numerous times since he announced his presidential bid three years ago. He made the claims more frequently, and more emphatically, as he found success in politics. On July 27, 2016, shortly after he?d officially become the Republican presidential nominee, Trump declared, in the exact same language he?d use as president. ?I have nothing to do with Russia.?

On October 10, 2016, during the second presidential debate, Trump responded to claims from Hillary Clinton that Russia was working on his behalf by saying: ?I know nothing about Russia. I know about Russia, but I know nothing about the inner workings of Russia. I don?t deal there. I have no businesses there. I have no loans from Russia.?

"I have nothing to do with Russia. I never did," Trump said in a July 2018 interview.

?On at least 23 occasions since the summer of 2016, Mr. Trump has said either that he had ?nothing? to do with Russia, or that he has ?no deals,? no investments and no ?business? in Russia,? according to the New York Times.

Virtually all of those statements were misleading. Many of them were lies.

Following the disclosure of Cohen?s plea, Trump told reporters that his longtime adviser was lying. But the president nonetheless offered an explanation for the behavior Cohen described. ?There was a good chance that I wouldn?t have won, in which case I would have gotten back into the business, and why should I lose lots of opportunities??

On Friday morning, Trump tweeted an acknowledgement of his business pursuits in Russia.

Trump has gone from insisting that he had ?nothing to do with Russia? to justifying his business efforts there. His false claim that ?no person that I deal with? works with Russia has been superseded by an admission from one of his closest advisers that he worked with an adviser to Russian President Vladimir Putin to advance Trump?s business interests. His insistence that his team hadn?t even had contacts with Russians has given way to a flood of confirmed reporting about the contacts his associates had with Russians.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 12-01-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Trump:

February 16, 2017, less than a month after he was sworn in as president, Donald Trump made a categorical declaration. ?I have nothing to do with Russia,? he said. ?To the best of my knowledge, no person that I deal with does.?

He?s said this?or a version of it?numerous times since he announced his presidential bid three years ago. He made the claims more frequently, and more emphatically, as he found success in politics. On July 27, 2016, shortly after he?d officially become the Republican presidential nominee, Trump declared, in the exact same language he?d use as president. ?I have nothing to do with Russia.?

On October 10, 2016, during the second presidential debate, Trump responded to claims from Hillary Clinton that Russia was working on his behalf by saying: ?I know nothing about Russia. I know about Russia, but I know nothing about the inner workings of Russia. I don?t deal there. I have no businesses there. I have no loans from Russia.?

"I have nothing to do with Russia. I never did," Trump said in a July 2018 interview.

?On at least 23 occasions since the summer of 2016, Mr. Trump has said either that he had ?nothing? to do with Russia, or that he has ?no deals,? no investments and no ?business? in Russia,? according to the New York Times.

Virtually all of those statements were misleading. Many of them were lies.

Following the disclosure of Cohen?s plea, Trump told reporters that his longtime adviser was lying. But the president nonetheless offered an explanation for the behavior Cohen described. ?There was a good chance that I wouldn?t have won, in which case I would have gotten back into the business, and why should I lose lots of opportunities??

On Friday morning, Trump tweeted an acknowledgement of his business pursuits in Russia.

Trump has gone from insisting that he had ?nothing to do with Russia? to justifying his business efforts there. His false claim that ?no person that I deal with? works with Russia has been superseded by an admission from one of his closest advisers that he worked with an adviser to Russian President Vladimir Putin to advance Trump?s business interests. His insistence that his team hadn?t even had contacts with Russians has given way to a flood of confirmed reporting about the contacts his associates had with Russians.
His potential business effort have been verified for a long, long time with Russia. You're grasping at straws, that's the best way I can put it. It's amusing to watch. Trump will be Trump, all the way back to his desired dealings with Russia in the 1980's. Why don't you just research instead of reading every front page? That's the prime definition of a well rounded and educated individual, research all avenues. Clearly, you have some catching up to do in regards to the Trump Organization. I know you won't do that though. Again, ignorance is bliss. RESIST, right? The last words of a fool.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 12-02-2018, 11:19 AM

Member Trucks
See, Trump got some Russia on him.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
His potential business effort have been verified for a long, long time with Russia. You're grasping at straws, that's the best way I can put it. It's amusing to watch. Trump will be Trump, all the way back to his desired dealings with Russia in the 1980's. Why don't you just research instead of reading every front page? That's the prime definition of a well rounded and educated individual, research all avenues. Clearly, you have some catching up to do in regards to the Trump Organization. I know you won't do that though. Again, ignorance is bliss. RESIST, right? The last words of a fool.
One of the problems these days on all fronts is the idea that if a reader was unaware of information, that information must be breaking news. Any concept relating to an event that occurred before or after an individual's interest is unfathomable.

That's why things are so fucked up. The citizenry is suffering a lack of patience, and perpetually demanding instant gratification. They can't accept the fact that one President can't fix it all. He has to lay the foundation upon which our newest incarnation will be built; so the next guy can finish the job.

It's the web and the media, in the end. We obviously weren't ready for it, and I've been saying that for years. The people are spoiled.

If there's a monster in the neighborhood, they're content to shut their front door, rather than carefully adjusting procedure until no more monsters come strolling by. If they've got a miss-fire, they'll swap a plug and expect the engine to work perfectly. You are whispering in a gale if you want to drive sense into those people.

Cheers,

Kennith

Old 12-04-2018, 11:09 PM
KN4KFS

Mueller seeks no prison time for former national security adviser Michael Flynn, citing his ?substantial assistance?

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III on Tuesday recommended that former national security adviser Michael Flynn serve no prison time, citing his ?substantial assistance? with several ongoing investigations, according to a new court filing.

The filing indicated that Flynn has provided extensive assistance to Mueller, including about matters that were redacted and hidden from public view. It also indicated that he has cooperated with a separate unidentified criminal investigation, the details of which were completely redacted.

The filing: http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/doc...el-flynn/3336/

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 12-05-2018, 09:13 AM

Member Trucks
The Russians are coming!
Old 12-05-2018, 03:07 PM

Let me get this right, Flynn got no prison time? I guess next thing we hear is that he gave up all the good on Trump seeking Russia’s help to get elected.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 12-05-2018, 03:24 PM

I thought Papadopoulos spearheaded all this?
Old 12-05-2018, 05:45 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
Let me get this right, Flynn got no prison time? I guess next thing we hear is that he gave up all the good on Trump seeking Russia?s help to get elected.
Ummm...Yeah. That's exactly what happened.

From the memo:

The defendant deserves credit for accepting responsibility in a timely fashion and substantially assisting the government. As described in the Addendum, shortly after the SCO reached out to the defendant to seek his cooperation, the defendant accepted responsibility for his unlawful conduct and began cooperating with the government.

i. Interactions Between the Transition Team and Russia
The defendant has also assisted with the SCO investigation concerning links or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump campaign...The defendant assisted the SCO's investigation on a range of issues, including interactions between individuals in the Presidential Transition Team and Russia.

The defendant also provided useful information concerning [REDACTED]

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 12-05-2018, 06:39 PM

Member Trucks
Did he tell them who started the Chicago fire?
Old 12-05-2018, 07:08 PM

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/41...isa-abuses-yet
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 12-05-2018, 11:07 PM

Quote:

the defendant accepted responsibility for his unlawful conduct

What again......exactly was this "unlawful conduct"?? Oh, yeah that's right..he wasn't "truthful".

When you've got nothing else on them....but you really want to be a fucking cunt, you catch them in a "lie". Easiest fucking thing a Fed LEO can get someone on....
You should be proud Scott.....You and the rest of the retards are going to get the kind of country you deserve if this kind of fuckery continues.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:48 PM

Whatever it takes to impeach Trump. Now, just think about that and let it sink in.

Alas, I think we’re at a point we just want to make Trump look bad, sadly, it’s where we are right now. Or, if you really think about it, it’s where we are every time a stupid republican president takes office. As the ny post points out, the only good republican president is a dead republican president.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 12-06-2018, 02:12 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimebakmybulits View Post
Oh, yeah that's right..he wasn't "truthful".

You and the rest of the retards are going to get the kind of country you deserve if this kind of fuckery continues.
One where lying is frowned upon? I'm ok with that.

Clearly, you (and all the Trumpets) are perfectly ok with liars. Go with God with that.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 12-06-2018, 03:25 PM

Member Trucks
God damn, trying to carry on a discussion with you is like trying to reason with a child.