DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > Politics

Politics Political BS

Old 02-12-2018, 05:30 PM

James Mattis, the defense secretary, said Wednesday: “We’re all aware in this country of the president’s affection and respect for the military. We’ve been putting together some options. We’ll send them up to the White House for a decision.”

-The Atlantic

Suck it up, we're getting a parade. I bet Trump's hotel sells out - - - Right Scott?! The Horror!
Old 02-12-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Oh, Trump wants it about the troops? So no missiles? No tanks? We'll see.
I don't know. What did CNN tell you?

You sure like deciding these things for other people.

Quote:
Trump is all about "power" and showing "strength." If you think he wants this just to "honor" the troops you're a fucking idiot.
Well, he did say he liked the Bastille Day parade. He didn't mention North Korea's parade. But I guess it's reasonable to think that because Trump mentioned the Bastille Day parade Trump's idea of a parade would most certainly be more like North Korea's parades.

Quote:
As others have pointed out, if you have to talk about how great you are, you aren't that great. Case in point: Demand people clap for you; flashing a pricey watch or camping gear. What you are is an insecure little bitch.
The thing is, you probably can't find a photo of my Rolexs/Omegas or camping gear. So where's the "flashing"? That's a made up idea in your head to suit your fantasy. Dumbass.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:
No, Dan - you're the fucking idiot.

You're the one who thinks morons wearing pink knitted hats and rainbow clothing are the devil, but morons dressed up in 18th century garb or carrying ARs at a protest are just AOK.
Yeah, wearing a dildo on your head is a perfectly sane ideology, whereas wearing clothing, abit outdated, is totally uncalled for.

As for guns, guns don't scare me. I'm not a pussy.

Quote:
They are both morons, but since one is on your side, you refuse to acknowledge that. Just like you refuse to acknowledge that Trump is a moron (his own people say so) and unfit for office. But he got you a SC judge so he's GREAT!
Well, actually you're wrong there, too. Seems to be a common thing for you - you making up stories to suit your narrative. I've said what I think about Trump many times. Just so we're clear, Trump is in a fact a moron. He's also very unpresidential. He's not polished. He's not a script reader. That's not to say I don't agree with this policies....you know, the things that actually matter. You're one of those who cares way too much about a Twitter and what CNN tells you to think rather than thinking for yourself so you have to make up stories to make yourself feel warm and cozy. In other words, you're a dipshit.

Last edited by D Chapman; 02-12-2018 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:09 PM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post

So much for the M1's destroying the streets...
Actually they fucked the streets up pretty good. 72 tons will do that.
I'm sure you knew that though.

The Atlantic piece you posted, you didn't post the best parts-you know the parts about how we're still at war unlike the '91 parade.

Without clicking off safe reconcile that for me if you don't mind-how do you parse still having troops in Afghanistan, Iraq (nevermind Syria) and poised in South Korea-but we are going to have a parade? 91 was celebrating the end of the Gulf War and the Cold War waning-what are we celebrating now, just so I know what you are amped about?

More SecDef, though, since his words are those of a warrior:
?I owe him some options,? Mattis told reporters. ?We?ll put together options, and we will work everything from size to participation to cost, and when I get clear options, we?ll send those over to the White House, and I?ll go over and talk with them.?
Mattis was asked Thursday by a reporter if he has any ?misgivings,? given military parades are more a staple of nations such as Russia and China.

?I'm not paid for my feelings. I save those for my girlfriend,? said Mattis, who has been outspoken on a number of other subjects, including military funding.

Oh-and while I still don't have an actual opinion, but the reader's of the Military Times certainly do:
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...say-no-parade/

Now that's far from scientific mind you-but when has science ever stopped a convo here?
Old 02-12-2018, 08:21 PM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
Ray, you're absolutely correct. Let's talk substance. Your substance.

So now that Trump's at 40-50% approval does that mean 50-63 Million people in the United States have a character flaw? You'd said a reflection of character but that goes right back to the spin cycle. Does it allude to something specific?
You keep parading out your causal logical fallacy-repeating it doesn't make it true. Saying a lie over and over again people will believe it of course...but that isn't communist....nevermind. To be clear, your character is what it is-I've said enough there. Everyone else, don't know them based off word and deed-wouldn't want to judge. I would point out your variance in the poll #'s is pretty wide. May want to neck that down a bit.

Quote:
Did you happen to catch the opening ceremony for the Olympics Friday night? You can start there, Ray. Also, I have to know. Does this make your skin crawl?
I didn't catch the opening ceremony-did you catch the irony of VPOTUS sitting during the unified Korea entrance though? As if protesting by sitting for something unrelated to the event is acceptable...

As to the national anthem, why would that make my skin crawl? Are you really measuring patriotic dicks here? Given that you couldn't serve this nation, for more reasons than just medical, I'll just let you wrap yourself up in the flag as much as you'd like. Does it bother you that I've served with immigrants that are more American than you'll ever be? Dudes that didn't even speak English when they joined...MAGA AF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Chapman View Post
Ray, the Monday Morning Quarterback.
Literally makes no sense. Solid response.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:21 AM
NW5W
Administrator

Member Trucks
I don't read this thread often but, man, has it gotten shitty.

DiscoWeb in Utah 2012 / 2013
Old 02-13-2018, 12:22 AM

Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
Couple of things are actually juicy: why did he have an interim clearance-in that position, for that long, after others were aware of the significant issues holding up adjudication? (Would you be in the cockpit if you had that going on?)
the process of interim clearances makes sense that he got one. Also generally those things dont affect clearances as much as your ability to carry weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray
In a broader sense it is illustrative of this administration's continued lack of depth in terms of talent. They've poached from the military ranks, but beyond that there is a struggle to find qualified folks. Do you ever stop to ask why? If there is so much power and overwhelming logic with what the admin is saying to the American people, shouldn't there be a deep bench of folks waiting to get on board?
I think most people are afraid of the negative attention and attitudes they will have to put up with. Trump is doing a lot of stuff that nobody in politics ever does. He is not letting anybody get away with shit talking or making false statements in public. I won't argue how "presidential" it is. Unlike Bush who stated he wouldn't respond to absurd accusations because he had too much respect for the office to bring it to the gutter. Trump responds to everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray
I support the release of more substantive evidence about what happened since the process has now been polticized by the GOP; since the HPSCI is no longer fulfilling its function to have access to classified material and work with discretion, the rebuttal is important to provide evidence to the American people to counter the 3.5pg editorial guised as evidence that Brian, et al believe wholesale. What's wrong with that, you seem to be very upset that I want transparency-isn't that what the tin foil brigade wants too?
OK. So we are on the same page. I'm guessing there was some blatant sources and methods that could have been left out but wasn't so that we would get the continued circus side show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray
Moreover, I'd offer that still doesn't get you to substance of governance. You continue to talk about the next election almost as much as the last election-but the election is the process to get to doing the job, not the point of the whole thing. You are substituting the perceived righteousness of winning an election (by whatever means) with the inherent duty and obligation to serve the public interest (the whole public interest, not just partisan) that is the point of running.

Essentially exactly what is wrong with politics today.
He is new at politics. He has actually accomplished a lot despite the constant barrage of shit. I only bring up the election because the reality is the majority of the leftist tarts are still trying to figure out how to get Trump removed from office. You might not be stuck on it but they are. The whole "not my president" attitude is stuck on the night of nov 8th 2016.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
I don't read this thread often but, man, has it gotten shitty.
Politics, what do you expect?
Old 02-13-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Actually they fucked the streets up pretty good. 72 tons will do that.
I'm sure you knew that though.

The Atlantic piece you posted, you didn't post the best parts-you know the parts about how we're still at war unlike the '91 parade.

Without clicking off safe reconcile that for me if you don't mind-how do you parse still having troops in Afghanistan, Iraq (nevermind Syria) and poised in South Korea-but we are going to have a parade? 91 was celebrating the end of the Gulf War and the Cold War waning-what are we celebrating now, just so I know what you are amped about?
The article actually noted a proposed Ticker-Tape parade in 2012 when troops were still in Iraq. May want to read a bit more closely next time.

By your logic we'd never have another parade again given our DMZ presence.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
You keep parading out your causal logical fallacy-repeating it doesn't make it true.
I didn't say it, you said it.

Quote:
most of which actually do tie to your unwavering partisan support of an individual to the detriment of where your values should take you as a citizen. That's a reflection of your character.
Quote:
To be clear, your character is what it is-I've said enough there. Everyone else, don't know them based off word and deed-wouldn't want to judge. I would point out your variance in the poll #'s is pretty wide. May want to neck that down a bit.
There you go again. To be clear? You're not clear at all, quite the opposite actually. If you tie a determent to my character for unwavering support for Trump how do you feel about the other 63 million that voted for him. Is it a determent to their character as well? A simple yes or no will suffice Ray.

Quote:
I didn't catch the opening ceremony-did you catch the irony of VPOTUS sitting during the unified Korea entrance though? As if protesting by sitting for something unrelated to the event is acceptable...
Great, lets acknowledge a murderous regime with labor death camps, enslaved Americans and flawed Nukes. Maybe the VP should have taken her some flowers? Maybe a Valentines card?

Quote:
Does it bother you that I've served with immigrants that are more American than you'll ever be? Dudes that didn't even speak English when they joined...MAGA AF.
More American, meaning more Patriotic? But you don't know what that means Ray, how could you draw such a conclusion?

Quote:
hard piping patriot crew and such who feel like they 'love the country' (whatever that means) and such therefore....?

Quote:
All other really mean words
Don't know why you have to be like this. I'm simply asking for clarification and we've gone pages with absolutely none.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:40 AM

Ray knows exactly what he's thinking. He just can't put it on paper. And it changes from time-to-time as new developments come out so he dosen't have to admit he was wrong or mislead.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:15 AM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
Trump is doing a lot of stuff that nobody in politics ever does. He is not letting anybody get away with shit talking or making false statements in public.
Too funny. Did you actually realize you wrote that?

Maybe Trump could stop himself from "shit talking or making false statements in public?"

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim
Old 02-13-2018, 12:09 PM
Needs to get a life

Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
He is not letting anybody get away with shit talking or making false statements in public. .
Quote of the thread? The irony is too strong.

Save the last round for yourself. It'll be a blessed relief as the bear is wearing your guts as a hat.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:19 PM
NW5W
Administrator

Member Trucks
Well, I'm not going to pull an ExPo and lock the thread, or go all D90 Source and make a mud pit, but I really don't like it. After 7,500 posts, everything that can be said has been said. My respect for the regular participants here is greatly diminished after reading all of this.

If you're only coming to this site to post in this thread, you're making this place shittier, not better. DWeb has always been a tell-it-like-it-is place but I can't think of another thread here that has been so continuously nasty. Do you guys feel good after you come here and post in this thing, or is it just reflexive and habitual? I don't get it.

DiscoWeb in Utah 2012 / 2013
Old 02-13-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm not going to pull an ExPo and lock the thread, or go all D90 Source and make a mud pit, but I really don't like it. After 7,500 posts, everything that can be said has been said. My respect for the regular participants here is greatly diminished after reading all of this.

If you're only coming to this site to post in this thread, you're making this place shittier, not better. DWeb has always been a tell-it-like-it-is place but I can't think of another thread here that has been so continuously nasty. Do you guys feel good after you come here and post in this thing, or is it just reflexive and habitual? I don't get it.
It's habitual for me, not on any other social media stuff. I hear you and understand Chris.

Speaking of which, do you purge the old General Section stuff? I had a thread on there about a year ago concerning Aussies and can't go back to find it but I'd bet I could search for it.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:32 PM

I enjoy the tussle of contrasting ideas far divergent from my own. It's interesting to look at the motives behind ideas, where they overlap, where they diverge, and ascertain why. However the thread does cycle between debate and shit-talking.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:

In the last 45 days there are 13 threads that actually relate to Land Rovers or like-minded semi-related things of Land Rover/vehicle/outdoors interest in the General section. Barely 50% of the General threads are "on topic". This Trump thread is about all that keeps me looking back. If it goes away, oh well.

As for respect and feel good feelings, could we start a thread on therapy hamsters?
Old 02-13-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERover82 View Post
I enjoy the tussle of contrasting ideas far divergent from my own. It's interesting to look at the motives behind ideas, where they overlap, where they diverge, and ascertain why. However the thread does cycle between debate and shit-talking.
Ditto
Old 02-13-2018, 01:58 PM

The classics have been beat to death, and I'm not interested in their current dumb stunts with their hand-bags on wheels

Old 02-13-2018, 03:05 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERover82 View Post
The classics have been beat to death, and I'm not interested in their current dumb stunts with their hand-bags on wheels
Going up was the easy part. I wanted to see him go back down.

#HillDescent

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim
Old 02-13-2018, 04:19 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:
Too funny. Did you actually realize you wrote that?

Maybe Trump could stop himself from "shit talking or making false statements in public?"
Yes I did. Did you not read my entire post where I addressed this? I'll be more literal next time.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:

this one was worse

https://discoweb.org/showthread.php?t=77169
Old 02-13-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventyfive View Post
Funny thing is that lots of people poo'd poo'd these years ago - clearly. They weren't a fad nor did they "fail" like they thought. They are more prevalent than ever. I still have some that go back many years and continue to use them regularly for my military trainings. Ranger teams I work with frequently are now buying them to deploy with on their MRZRs and Hiluxes/LCs.

But the hardcore web wheelers sure did come out in that thread.
1992 Toyota Prado
1991 Toyota Hilux
1991 Toyota Surf
1996 Toyota Land Cruiser
1997 Toyota 4Runner
2008 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
2005 KTM 950 Adventure
1993 Mad River Explorer
1996 Thoroughbred
Old 02-13-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett View Post
Funny thing is that lots of people poo'd poo'd these years ago - clearly. They weren't a fad nor did they "fail" like they thought. They are more prevalent than ever. I still have some that go back many years and continue to use them regularly for my military trainings. Ranger teams I work with frequently are now buying them to deploy with on their MRZRs and Hiluxes/LCs.

But the hardcore web wheelers sure did come out in that thread.
Where does the gubment buy them? Better not be Justin or he REALLY owes me a hat
Old 02-14-2018, 12:48 AM

Well, I just lost my health insurance. Thanks, Obama.

I predicted that earlier in this thread. Imagine that... I was right.

When I finally kick off, there will eventually be a special tombstone erected emblazoned with this text:

"Holy shit! He was right all along!" -The surviving population of Earth.

Wish I was wrong more often, though...

Cheers,

Kennith

Dan Chapman is a coward. I own a magical island.