LR3 driver door lock

HoodyLR3

Sep 18, 2016
Hawaii
Hey guys,

So my key fob ran out of juice before I got the car. I changed the battery and still nothing. Sooooo, been using the key to get in/out of the car but my teeny toon broke something in the lock now I am unable to unlock the driver door, hence I can?t lock the door.

I took the door pretty much apart but could not figure out how to get the door handle off or the mechanism behind it. I had everything else off or hanging but got stuck.

Any ideas? I couldn?t find an in depth video. Any ideas on what broke? Dealer wanted $450 to reprogram key, I laughed my way out.

Apr 20, 2004
Floyd, Virginia
I purchased 2 keys off eBay for 80 bucks/cut for 30 and paid for a reprogramming obd ii port tool on there for another 150....for 260 I ended up with 2 keys and a tool to program them in the future...much better route.

The door handle isn't a long term solution to locking and unlocking the truck....it's a short term fix until you can get the remote repaired/replaced. It will start tossing codes.... etc.

HoodyLR3

Sep 18, 2016
Hawaii
Good evening Mr Tillery, tried your phone... can you send pics of what you actually bought so I know what’s the right reprogramming tool to purchase. Thank you

HoodyLR3

Sep 18, 2016
Hawaii
I purchased 2 keys off eBay for 80 bucks/cut for 30 and paid for a reprogramming obd ii port tool on there for another 150....for 260 I ended up with 2 keys and a tool to program them in the future...much better route.

The door handle isn't a long term solution to locking and unlocking the truck....it's a short term fix until you can get the remote repaired/replaced. It will start tossing codes.... etc.

I?d love to find out what exactly you bought, especially the reprogramming tool. I tried your phone, I?ll try email today. Thank you very much!

Hoody,

HoodyLR3

Sep 18, 2016
Hawaii

Good morning sir,

Tried calling and emailing to find out what brand of reprogramming tool I need to configure keys. I was met with no contact in either way. Anyone else know what to buy to do this?

HoodyLR3

Sep 18, 2016
Hawaii
Still no luck with Mr Tillery and what exactly he bought to get his fixed. Anyone else can point me in the right direction on what exactly I need to purchase to fix this once and for all. I’m game to buy two keys and a programmer if need be.

Apr 20, 2004
Floyd, Virginia
Can you give me the exact date of your voicemail? I can assure you I never received one and I would love to call Verizon and notify them.

DID you ever search Ebay as I advised in the prior thread? I have not looked at this discussion since that comment....

a simple search on ebay provided the following results

in the search field on this one I typed "Land Rover Key Programmer"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Mazda-...531305?hash=item1ca97b8ee9:g:NxQAAOSwR8haVwgZ

in the search field on this one I typed "Land Rover LR3 Key"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Replac...hash=item3acc5fc475:m:mEjkyGYLocbks8dpEPrb-vQ

Last edited: