DI Radio

Robbie

Apr 20, 2004
NOVA
Anyone have a working DI radio with code they want to unload? Looking for cheap. Tape deck doesn't even need to work. Radio only is fine. Thanks.

1920SF

Jan 6, 2007
NoVA
I just assume Robbie is like me, he wants to play high school mix tapes-thus I couldn't fathom not having a tape deck.

To your point though, that is a great use of technology to revive obsolete technology.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
To your point though, that is a great use of technology to revive obsolete technology.

I am working on a setup to install Prius braking regeneration on my D1 to power my victrola. The backup power source will be my auxiliary battery linked to PV cells embedded in my taped-shut sunroofs. If all else fails, I will drive around with my neighbor's kid who is learning to play the violin. Very relaxing music.

Robbie

Apr 20, 2004
NOVA
lol, thanks Ray. Honestly, the old original head unit was removed in the shuffle between my previous ownership and current ownership. Inline/usb was installed along with a new head unit. Hate the new head unit. Want old stock back. At this point, just want radio tunes, while driving it around the island.

bgbrox

Dec 25, 2016
Golden, CO
Are you still looking for this? I have one out of a 1997 LSE. I also have the factory amp if you need. Just pay shipping from 80401

bgbrox

Dec 25, 2016
Golden, CO
Barry- funny thing. I just did the VIN lookup and you're right! It's an SD.

I thought it was an LSE because
(a) the sticker on the side says LSE
(b) the seats are real leather - totally different than my brothers 96 SD
(c) it came with those ugly wheels that come on LSEs

EDIT* The TOPIx Vehicle Summary for my VIN SALJY1240VA735865 says I have a 2.2L diesel. Now I'm not sure what to believe!

EDIT** I think I have an LSE. Some guy on cardomain (Mattnificence) said this about his truck that looks just like mine: ">Welcome to my RoverDomain. This is a 1997 Land Rover Discovery LSE. But the thing is, there is no such thing as a Land Rover Discovery LSE from 1997(Well sort of). Not until 1998 did Land Rover make the Discovery LSE because the Limited Special Edition was suppose to be a tribute to 50 years of Land Rover and since Land Rover began in 1948 then 1998 would be the official year of the LSE. To make a long story short, Land Rover released a very, very limted amounth of the LSE in late October of 1997 that only came in green exterior and a beige interior...Just like mine."

Not that any of this actually matters, but it's kind of interesting.

Last edited:

BarryO

May 15, 2018
Bend, OR
Interesting. I bought a brand-new Disco in 1997, and SD, SE, and SE-7 were the only available trims. I thought the LSE was a 1998 thing; 'didn't know some were available late in the 1997 MY.

BTW, leather was available in '97 in the SD's. I recently bought another '97 Disco; it's an SD with leather. No seat heaters, sunroofs (yay!), or Homelink like on the SE's, though.

bgbrox

Dec 25, 2016
Golden, CO
Interesting. I bought a brand-new Disco in 1997, and SD, SE, and SE-7 were the only available trims. I thought the LSE was a 1998 thing; 'didn't know some were available late in the 1997 MY.

BTW, leather was available in '97 in the SD's. I recently bought another '97 Disco; it's an SD with leather. No seat heaters, sunroofs (yay!), or Homelink like on the SE's, though.
I really like the real/upgraded leather. I dont know if it's universal, but my seats seem to have held up much better than the darker/lower end ones I see.

It's funny how new cars used to be so much more customized. Now, everthing is a trim package. If you want X you need the XYZ TechnotainmentExtreme package.