What's the part number for this?

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
https://www.roversnorth.com/Land-Rover-Parts/396

Look at number 21. I need the part number for the steel tube that it seals against the intake manifold; the one that rises up so you can get a hose on it. I believe that single steel tube is now what's holding me up.

It's got some pitting and corrosion about, and doesn't seem to seal properly, but only on occasion.

...and no. I'm not going to tape it, seal it with goop, tighten it down more, fill it with J.B. Weld, or do anything else anyone can possibly imagine aside from replacing it entirely. I might make one at some point, but for now I just want a brand spanking new one.

All I need is the part number.

Cheers,

Kennith

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
How does one fuck that up?

Time, I would assume. I don't think it would have happened if it hadn't been parked for a while.

It's not a lot of corrosion, but apparently it takes surprisingly little at that connection to cause an issue. Everything else is fine, and the system is quite clean. I think the stuff just sat right above that ridge for too long under the hose.

There were a few leaks in some other strange spots, as well. This is the last. It's holding with the clean-up I performed, but I wouldn't run it down to the beach just yet, or on a time-sensitive trip.

It's coming along quite nicely now.

Cheers,

Kennith