ID this connector?

Jeff Blake

May 6, 2016
Pacific Beach, San Diego
The beige connector with the terminated black plug, found on the transfer case switch plate (2002)

Installing my rebuilt 04 case this weekend, and trying to figure out how to wire the CDL. The original plan was to solder the two diff lock switches in parallel and join up with those 2 black lucar connectors, but this other plug has me confused. It has the same plug style as the 2004 diff lock switches, but the genders are reversed.

Jeff Blake

May 6, 2016
Pacific Beach, San Diego
2002 D2
I've scoured the internet far and wide and cannot find a single mention of this plug

Harness side: Black/blue and Green/yellow
Black barrel side: Green/white and red/green (I think?)

I looked in the electrical diagrams and might have found it: G154 Resistor

It appears to receive power from Fuse 25 and then spliced into the D150 (Diff lock) wiring

I have no idea why LR would design a resistor with a connector in this location though, or what I should do about it

I'm leaning towards leaving it alone, and splicing my two diff lock switches into the lucar connectors as originally planned, as the diff lock switch shouldn't be wired into power, it should be ground on both sides

Thoughts?

ezzzzzzz

Apr 22, 2010
SE Va
Differential lock warning lamp
The differential lock warning lamp is connected from the instrument pack pin C0230-8 on a
BU wire via header C0761 to the differential lock unit. A feed from fuse 25 is sent by a GY
wire through a resistor unit on pin C0038-1 and to the differential lock unit on a WN wire from
pin C0037-2
If an earth path is completed on pin C0230-8 the instrument pack logic circuit monitors this
as an input and provides power from the ignition supply to illuminate the warning lamp.

When I installed an earlier diff lock housing there was no switch but the connector was there (I don't recall a resistor) so I wired in a dash switch to tell the SLABS unit I was in diff lock. Without it the hill descent would not work.