Ashcroft DII HD CV and Axle Kit, Front (15 miles on them) $900 Shipped Cont. US

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
I'll consider offers, as well.

Flanges are installed already, which saves you a bit of headache.

I just didn't like the clearances. My particular use case just wants a little more room in the knuckle than these leave. There's nothing wrong with them from any other person's perspective. I'm just picky and unreasonable.

They have around 15 miles on them. During that period I was deciding whether I wanted to keep them or not. Then I pulled them, and they have been on a shelf in my garage. Some minor oxidation is currently present on the shafts (nothing to worry about) and external CV housings. The interior has remained greased.

They're $900 OBO shipped within the continental US. Pictures follow in posts. It's a pretty good deal. Not too far off new condition, but a fair chunk off the new price these days.

If you want them, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my Paypal information. You can post here, naturally, but it's easier to figure out who called dibs with the PM.

They will ship the next business day after payment (buy them tonight, for example, and they'll ship tomorrow), and won't take six months to arrive. I don't screw people around when it comes to shipping.

Boots and clamps from some other vehicle are commonly used; it's in a thread somewhere here. Might be an Audi, but I can't remember. Whatever they are, they're cheap.

Buy a set or just get the Ashcroft set from Justin. Do not use boots and clamps that have already been installed and removed on something that takes more than five minutes to install, you don't commonly inspect, and may be exposed to water during fording.

Cheers,

Kennith

Last edited:

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Here are the pictures. It'll take a couple of posts. No trickery, I just shot them under florescent light and then clicked auto-level.

As for the clean-up I just wiped them down with G96 firearm oil, which is like CLP but smells like Old Spice.

So, you're seeing them as realistically as possible.

Cheers,

Kennith