5k mi OME 2in HD springs report

BDM

May 23, 2005
OR
Took the airbags off last fall and replaced with OME 2in HD springs from AB with filter kit. The compressor failed and I was tired off having sagging airbags when it was cold, rebuilding the valve blocks, etc. it?s mainly the wife?s DD and I didn?t want the headache of her having a suspension breakdown if I was away for extended period of time. Also it?s rhe family camping truck as well which is why I opted for the HD springs.

Drove it to Maine (visited Hershey PA with the kids on way up) and back for Christmas. Absolutely love the way the LR3 handles. Much tighter around turns. Trade off is not as soft around town but I think overall very much worth the investment.

AB advertises it as 2 but after the break in period sits more around 3? so a four wheel alignment is def needed.

Install was pretty straight forward. Took a whole Saturday. Just pull airbags out and replace with springs. I also disconnected the old airbag adjustment box that sits next to spring at each wheel which also removed any left over error codes.

So far so good. Glad there?s an option for coils out there on these rigs! Edit- just uploaded pic

1920SF

Jan 6, 2007
NoVA
Good stuff, and great color.

I've had mine swapped for almost 50k, only thing I've done was go from MD in the back to HD since we tow from time to time. Been extremely happy with the switch.