DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > Politics

Politics Political BS

Old 02-12-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
I do think you have a tough time reconciling that I judge your character on the things you say.
He makes a good living and drives a late-model Luxury SUV with a V8...and thinks we should poke oil holes all over the ocean so he can pay less for gas.

That alone says a shitload about his character.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkytoe69 View Post
He makes a good living and drives a late-model Luxury SUV with a V8...and thinks we should poke oil holes all over the ocean so he can pay less for gas.

That alone says a shitload about his character.
Because poking holes in the desert is more better?
Old 02-12-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Chapman View Post
These are the types of comments I grin at from military. Or ex-military. "Why didn't you serve". It's the mentality drilled into the heads of some that if someone didn't "serve" then that person is lesser. As if "serving" is expected and if you didn't "serve" it begs the question as to why you didn't serve.
hillbilly, notice how i never asked anyone else that question? i asked brian due to the fact he posts a lot about the military and how great it is.

if he feels it was so great i wondered why he did not serve. it was not in a derogatory tone, just curious. obviously he has flat feet or something so he could not serve.

people speaking for veterans or military people is no different than NPR constantly speaking for blacks and illegal aliens.

edit: plus you get paid to blow shit up and kill people!!! how much did you pay to go skydiving? you can get paid to do that. plus i didn't want to get drafted into the army.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
These are the people who Garrett aligns himself with. The same folks who think Trump's vision is a "soviet style military parade". The same people you'll see at the next gathering which include folks dressed up as vaginas, burning flags, toppling civil war era statues, and chanting "fuck the police". It will be easy to find these gatherings, just keep an eye on facebook or listen to the emergency scanner for a CVS looting in progress.

any military parade is stupid. it just so happens the commies and tyrranical dictatorships love to do it. so trump sees a parade in france and wants us to do something similar...

anyone parading how big their dick is is just comical to me. speak softly and carry a big stick.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Because poking holes in the desert is more better?
Poking more holes anywhere is not better.

Still...

Almost nothing lives in the desert and there is, by definition, no water to contaminate.

The exact opposite holds true for the ocean.

So yes, I would postulate that fuck ups involving holes in the desert are exponentially less bad.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Poking more holes anywhere is not better.

Still...

Almost nothing lives in the desert and there is, by definition, no water to contaminate.

The exact opposite holds true for the ocean.

So yes, I would postulate that fuck ups involving holes in the desert are exponentially less bad.
Is it, though?
Old 02-12-2018, 02:54 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:
LOL, you make Bill Nye look like a genius scientist.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:56 PM

I thought this was neat, just imagine this with the technology we have today. Best part was the Humvee pulling the float at the end. I got a good laugh out of that.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
LOL, you make Bill Nye look like a genius scientist.
What part of that is not factual?
Old 02-12-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventyfive View Post
obviously he has flat feet or something so he could not serve.
Flat feet. I fucking wish I had flat feet.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:31 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
These are the people who Garrett aligns himself with. The same folks who think Trump's vision is a "soviet style military parade". The same people you'll see at the next gathering which include folks dressed up as vaginas, burning flags, toppling civil war era statues, and chanting "fuck the police". It will be easy to find these gatherings, just keep an eye on facebook or listen to the emergency scanner for a CVS looting in progress.
You mean like these nitwits:

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventyfive View Post
any military parade is stupid. it just so happens the commies and tyrranical dictatorships love to do it. so trump sees a parade in france and wants us to do something similar...

anyone parading how big their dick is is just comical to me. speak softly and carry a big stick.
We have a Veteran's Day parade here each year. I guess it's the same but different. Typically it's just the National Guard and the local recruiters driving by in Humvees and MRAPS throwing candy. All the VFW and American Legion guys ride wagons now as their average age exceeds my monthly health insurance premium. The fireworks are pretty cool, though. I didn't know we had so many tyrranical dictatorships in my town.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:37 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
These are the types of comments I grin at from military. Or ex-military. "Why didn't you serve". It's the mentality drilled into the heads of some that if someone didn't "serve" then that person is lesser. As if "serving" is expected and if you didn't "serve" it begs the question as to why you didn't serve.
How about this:

What have you done for your country, state, county, city, community?

Did you go to a public school, and now bitch when a new one has to be built (because, you know, ALL those new kids are illegals)?

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:39 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
We have a Veteran's Day parade here each year. I guess it's the same but different. Typically it's just the National Guard and the local recruiters driving by in Humvees and MRAPS throwing candy. All the VFW and American Legion guys ride wagons now as their average age exceeds my monthly health insurance premium. The fireworks are pretty cool, though. I didn't know we had so many tyrranical dictatorships in my town.
That's not a military parade, where the main point is to showcase the military hardware, troops.

Last I checked at any Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Christmas, etc. parade, whole divisions of troops weren't marching in lock step. The only ones doing that were the local high school bands.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 02-12-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
You mean like these nitwits:

That's the problem with you, Scott. You don't get it. You never will and never had. This is why you're an idiot. Actually, you're more of a pussy, but whatever.

Somehow you feel these people dressed up in weirdo clothing is the same as people looting a CVS? Really? Look at those people again. They have a message. They're holding their signs, smiling, yet protesting and sharing their message. They're not dressed up as some body part. They're not burning anything. They're protesting, peacefully.

But to you, you think that's the same as this:

You're a fucking idiot.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Did you go to a public school, and now bitch when a new one has to be built (because, you know, ALL those new kids are illegals)?
In his defense, it doesn't have to be about ALL...

If a new school is built because of the population demands created by people who are not supposed to be here in the first place, it does beg the question of, "WTF are we doing here exactly?"
Old 02-12-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
That's not a military parade, where the main point is to showcase the military hardware, troops.

Last I checked at any Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Christmas, etc. parade, whole divisions of troops weren't marching in lock step. The only ones doing that were the local high school bands.
You're a dipshit. You twist every little thing to suit your agenda. You've got this little notion in your head that the "Trump parade" would be about power and "showcasing" the military force because that's what you heard on CNN. No way could the parade be about the people of the military - to honor the people and show unity and respect. You think the Bastille Day parade is about "military hardware"? If so you're a fucking idiot.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:56 PM

So much for the M1's destroying the streets...
Old 02-12-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
You're a dipshit. You twist every little thing to suit your agenda. You've got this little notion in your head that the "Trump parade" would be about power and "showcasing" the military force because that's what you heard on CNN. No way could the parade be about the people of the military - to honor the people and show unity and respect. You think the Bastille Day parade is about "military hardware"? If so you're a fucking idiot.
LOL, Dan I think there are many here that just 'don't get it'. Look at the '91 Parade Photos, watch the videos. People LOVED that shit, especially the kids. Had just 1 EA-6 Prowler retire at the Hickory Airport Museum. The day it flew in (just one jet mind you) the place was PACKED. Thousands and Thousands for just one Military Jet. The pilot was retiring as well, it was a big deal.

As for the proposed parade, it was Trump's idea. Many (like Scott) will hate it for that simple fact alone. It's mind numbing.

Last edited by brian4d; 02-12-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:29 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
That's the problem with you, Scott. You don't get it. You never will and never had. This is why you're an idiot. Actually, you're more of a pussy, but whatever.

Somehow you feel these people dressed up in weirdo clothing is the same as people looting a CVS? Really? Look at those people again. They have a message. They're holding their signs, smiling, yet protesting and sharing their message. They're not dressed up as some body part. They're not burning anything. They're protesting, peacefully.

But to you, you think that's the same as this:

You're a fucking idiot.
No, Dan - you're the fucking idiot.

You're the one who thinks morons wearing pink knitted hats and rainbow clothing are the devil, but morons dressed up in 18th century garb or carrying ARs at a protest are just AOK.

They are both morons, but since one is on your side, you refuse to acknowledge that. Just like you refuse to acknowledge that Trump is a moron (his own people say so) and unfit for office. But he got you a SC judge so he's GREAT!

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 02-12-2018, 04:34 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Oh, Trump wants it about the troops? So no missiles? No tanks? We'll see.

Trump is all about "power" and showing "strength." If you think he wants this just to "honor" the troops you're a fucking idiot.

Oh, and the parade in '91 was celebrating something (Gulf War win). That makes sense. What are we celebrating here? How GREAT America is?

As others have pointed out, if you have to talk about how great you are, you aren't that great. Case in point: Demand people clap for you; flashing a pricey watch or camping gear. What you are is an insecure little bitch.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 02-12-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:

Oh, and the parade in '91 was celebrating something (Gulf War win). That makes sense. What are we celebrating here? .
Hell yea, maybe we can have multiple parades then! Lots of Tanks and LOTS of missiles!
Old 02-12-2018, 04:48 PM

I'm indifferent. What is the parade supposed to do? We go to military airshows and parades with military vehicles. It's neat equipment and kids have fun. I guess a yuge one will be more fun? To do it now, in the context of 2018, it seems like possible posturing, like when some bro showboats his new tough-guy tat. Maybe it's innocent fun, maybe not. Either way I'll grab some popcorn and watch.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:57 PM

All this talk got me researching. JFK had Nuclear missiles at his ingratiation parade. Trump will NOT top that guarantee it! What military feat were they celebrating there Scott? JFK did indeed have a historic military story. PT-109, the things you remember.

Old 02-12-2018, 05:18 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
All this talk got me researching. JFK had Nuclear missiles at his ingratiation parade. Trump will NOT top that guarantee it! What military feat were they celebrating there Scott? JFK did indeed have a historic military story. PT-109, the things you remember.
It was celebrating Kennedy's inauguration, like Ike's before. But Ike refused to do it "just to show strength":

?Eisenhower said absolutely not, we are the pre-eminent power on Earth,? historian Michael Beschloss explained. ?For us to try to imitate what the Soviets are doing in Red Square would make us look weak.?

In the grand scheme of things, does it matter? Not really. It's just yet another example of Trump's tiny ego needing to be constantly stroked (Cabinet having to say he's the greatest pres ever; people HAVE to clap for him; insisting he had the bigliest inaug crowd ever; he won in a landslide; he only reads articles that have his name in them; and on and on).

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim