DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > Politics

Politics Political BS

Old 02-08-2018, 10:57 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
Lets pick them apart then. List them individually.
from: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...llegations.pdf
Here's some (Highlighted are summaries of the dossier; Yellow indicated shown to be true.)

The Russians have been cultivating/assisting Trump for at least 5 years. The aim being to encourage splits in the Western alliance. - I think we all think this is Putin's aim. It would be nice to see Trumps finances to see how much Russian money is propping up his real estate biz.

Trump has declined sweetener real estate deals, but has accepted intelligence on the DNC. - Papadapolous shot his mouth off about it to an Aussie which kicked off the FBI investigation. The Trump tower meeting.

Russia has compromat on Trump, specifically from his sexual escapades (the pee-pee) - I thought this was BS, but since Trump has raw dogged Stormy Daniels...who knows.

Russia has kompromat on HRC, and it has not been disseminated. - So far...who knows.

Russia has extensive program on cyber crime - I think we can all agree this is true.

Trump associate saying Russia is behind Wikileaks of HRC/DNC emails and coordinated with Trump campaign - See: Papadapolous

Paul Manafort and Carter Page were intermediaries
- Well, Manafort is in the dock, Carter Page was investigated and had known Kremlin ties back to 2013.

Trump campaign agreed to sideline sanction against Russia for Ukraine in exchange for the HRC/DNC emails. - Here, the US has ratcheted up sanctions.

The backlash about Trump working with Russia is a smoke screen to distract from Trumps dealings with China where he has significant holdings and paid large bribes/kickbacks
- Interesting...Seeing Trumps taxes, financial records would be key here. Is Mueller looking at those?

Even though Trump has minimal investment in Russia, that is not for want of trying. - It's been reported that Trump's personal lawyer traveled to Russia to negotiate a hotel deal: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...rviews-n815121

Carter Page had secret meetings in Russia
- Well...see FISA.

Kremlin is engaging with Stein, Page, Flynn and paying for their visits to Russia. - Again, see: Page FISA, Flynn in the dock.

Former Ukrainian President told Putin he authorized kickbacks to Manafort
- See: Manafort in the dock.

Mikhail Kalugin, a Russian diplomat in DC, outed as a Russian spy. - Yep. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7657286.html

I'm done....

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:58 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I think SGaynor could convince himself the sky is green.
You can call me Scott. Or just Gaynor.

Either one works.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:08 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
That is elitism at its finest.
Thank goodness. Otherwise this is what becomes in charge:

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 02-08-2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
from: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...llegations.pdf
Here's some (Highlighted are summaries of the dossier; Yellow indicated shown to be true.)

The Russians have been cultivating/assisting Trump for at least 5 years. The aim being to encourage splits in the Western alliance. - I think we all think this is Putin's aim. It would be nice to see Trumps finances to see how much Russian money is propping up his real estate biz.

Trump has declined sweetener real estate deals, but has accepted intelligence on the DNC. - Papadapolous shot his mouth off about it to an Aussie which kicked off the FBI investigation. The Trump tower meeting.

Russia has compromat on Trump, specifically from his sexual escapades (the pee-pee) - I thought this was BS, but since Trump has raw dogged Stormy Daniels...who knows.

Russia has kompromat on HRC, and it has not been disseminated. - So far...who knows.

Russia has extensive program on cyber crime - I think we can all agree this is true.

Trump associate saying Russia is behind Wikileaks of HRC/DNC emails and coordinated with Trump campaign - See: Papadapolous

Paul Manafort and Carter Page were intermediaries
- Well, Manafort is in the dock, Carter Page was investigated and had known Kremlin ties back to 2013.

Trump campaign agreed to sideline sanction against Russia for Ukraine in exchange for the HRC/DNC emails. - Here, the US has ratcheted up sanctions.

The backlash about Trump working with Russia is a smoke screen to distract from Trumps dealings with China where he has significant holdings and paid large bribes/kickbacks
- Interesting...Seeing Trumps taxes, financial records would be key here. Is Mueller looking at those?

Even though Trump has minimal investment in Russia, that is not for want of trying. - It's been reported that Trump's personal lawyer traveled to Russia to negotiate a hotel deal: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...rviews-n815121

Carter Page had secret meetings in Russia
- Well...see FISA.

Kremlin is engaging with Stein, Page, Flynn and paying for their visits to Russia. - Again, see: Page FISA, Flynn in the dock.

Former Ukrainian President told Putin he authorized kickbacks to Manafort
- See: Manafort in the dock.

Mikhail Kalugin, a Russian diplomat in DC, outed as a Russian spy. - Yep. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7657286.html

I'm done....
blumenthal Sure does have a big mouth. Oh no, you?re not done, that?s a lie.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:05 AM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
blumenthal Sure does have a big mouth. Oh no, you?re not done, that?s a lie.
Just so we are clear here:

A) I write out a detailed response to a question and you respond with something that has nothing to do with what I wrote. Deep thinking there.

B) Blumenthal...Yes. That's the key to your whole conspiracy. Someone close to Clintons gave Steele some info. Who, in turn, gave the info to the FBI because he thought Trump would be susceptible to blackmail. Therefore everything Steele wrote is fake. If I told you the sky was blue would you say it was fake because it came from a source you don't like?

Do you think John Gotti was innocent because Sammy the Bull testified against him?

Deep critical thinking your are displaying...

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 02-09-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I think SGaynor could convince himself the sky is green.
Well it is kinda green before a tornado, just saying. Maybe another color would be more better to make your point. You got anymore of those shrooms?
Old 02-09-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
If I told you the sky was blue would you say it was fake because it came from a source you don't like?
Personally, I'd have to go see for myself if the information came from you.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Just so we are clear here:

A) I write out a detailed response to a question and you respond with something that has nothing to do with what I wrote. Deep thinking there.

B) Blumenthal...Yes. That's the key to your whole conspiracy. Someone close to Clintons gave Steele some info. Who, in turn, gave the info to the FBI because he thought Trump would be susceptible to blackmail. Therefore everything Steele wrote is fake. If I told you the sky was blue would you say it was fake because it came from a source you don't like?

Do you think John Gotti was innocent because Sammy the Bull testified against him?

Deep critical thinking your are displaying...
Just to be clear here I never ask for your details on why you think Fusion GPS PR firm would create a factual document. It's a joke and doesn't' deserve a response. However I'll respond just for fun. I'd simply say Manafort was being Manafort and looking out for Manfort unbeknownst to Trump. Same thing with Carter Page, he's just kind of an idiot, would not have the sense to get off the finish line for an elaborate crime involving Trump. Oh, and Russia has cyber crime. Stand back because I think Jesus just parted the waters, mind blowing. Here is my question. Is Hillary mad? Does she want her $160,000 back? I would because the dossier is laughable and everyone knew it. Carter Page is an idiot and the FBI still employed him. Trump wants a Hotel in Moscow, of course he does, he has a Hotel in many other major cities in the world. Trump quest for a hotel in Moscow could most likely be found in his business plan dating back to the 1980's. Fusion GPS is still a PR firm that bids on the highest contracts. In this case Hillary won out. In this case she also flushed down the toilet $160,000 in donations from her supporters, or did she?
Old 02-09-2018, 09:30 AM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
How so; you noted yourself several pages back that knowledge and experience matter. Is it elitism to actually go out and do things or to seek education? Ironic that folks saying that will then tout 'the founding fathers' as though they were egalitarians who had neither education or experience (but they had both, and were actually elitist). So is it elitism to have a well rounded education and a wide breadth of experience and point out where people who don't have a significant amount of either, yet so loudly proclaim what they know to be true, could be wrong?

I guess if you call that elitist, then yep-guilty as charged.

Dan calls it being an asshole. (Let's pause to reflect on that, Dan is calling someone else an asshole. Dan the coward, and well known asshole of Dweb for over a decade). Here's the thing-there are times when yes, I'm an asshole to Brian (and you, and Dan). The truth is there are also times that Brian's an idiot, and an asshole-and Dan is well known to be an asshole, so much so that even his friends have the caveat 'well he isn't really like that in person' within the Land Rover community. I would note there are times with your pissy little ad hominems and such that you too are an asshole. So what?

That doesn't make what I said about Brian incorrect though, it just makes me an asshole because of the way I said it-not what was said.

Don't you guys like folks that 'tell it the way it is?'
Old 02-09-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
How so; you noted yourself several pages back that knowledge and experience matter. Is it elitism to actually go out and do things or to seek education? Ironic that folks saying that will then tout 'the founding fathers' as though they were egalitarians who had neither education or experience (but they had both, and were actually elitist). So is it elitism to have a well rounded education and a wide breadth of experience and point out where people who don't have a significant amount of either, yet so loudly proclaim what they know to be true, could be wrong?

It's like having vast knowledge of underwater basket weaving or the Bible.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:

Dan calls it being an asshole. (Let's pause to reflect on that, Dan is calling someone else an asshole. Dan the coward, and well known asshole of Dweb for over a decade). Here's the thing-there are times when yes, I'm an asshole to Brian (and you, and Dan). The truth is there are also times that Brian's an idiot, and an asshole-and Dan is well known to be an asshole, so much so that even his friends have the caveat 'well he isn't really like that in person' within the Land Rover community. I would note there are times with your pissy little ad hominems and such that you too are an asshole. So what?

That doesn't make what I said about Brian incorrect though, it just makes me an asshole because of the way I said it-not what was said.

Don't you guys like folks that 'tell it the way it is?'
You don't tell it the way it is Karl, but in your messed up little world (I still think it's an act, nobody is that insecure and pompous) you believe yourself to be enlightened far beyond any of your associates. You're very good at spinning material and running circles around topics you like to avoid or would rather sit on the fence about. Look at my character questions for you. Took me holding your feet to the fire 4 separate post before you finally admitted your true fucked up feelings regarding character and Trump supporters. Are you ever wrong? I'm guessing no. At this point you're not fooling any of us Karl.

How did we get from here:

Quote:
Tick, Tock
to here - -

Quote:
Shine the light. Everywhere.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:08 AM
KN4KFS

Quote:
From Michael Gerson in today's WaPo:

For some years, the main political project of the right has been to take control of the government while denigrating the government. President Trump drew this strategy to its logical conclusion during his campaign, asserting as a kind of refrain: ?Our politicians are stupid.?

Which came to mind following the revelation that Chief of Staff John F. Kelly had kept Rob Porter in a sensitive position (White House staff secretary) after being informed by the FBI that there was a protective order against him. As it came to mind when Michael Flynn was elevated to national security adviser following repeated FBI warnings that he might be compromised by the Russians. As it came to mind after the elevation of Anthony Scaramucci to, well, any position of public trust.

I have to admit that the Trump administration has acted with a certain consistency in these matters. Trump and his team accused the government of being corrupt ? and have proved it beyond reasonable doubt. They alleged that the government was brimming with stupidity ? and took it as a kind of recruiting challenge. Across the executive branch, it is a golden age for the unqualified and unfit. This is the natural outcome of contempt for professional experience, contempt for governing skill, contempt for government itself.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 02-09-2018, 11:12 AM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Just to be clear here I never ask for your details on why you think Fusion GPS PR firm would create a factual document.
And that right there sums up your thinking. ANYTHING that goes against what you think/believe is just made up - it's not "factual."

You really need to read fewer op-eds and more actual news articles. Not everything is a partisan shot at the other partisans.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 02-09-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
And that right there sums up your thinking. ANYTHING that goes against what you think/believe is just made up - it's not "factual."

You really need to read fewer op-eds and more actual news articles. Not everything is a partisan shot at the other partisans.
This isn't partisan Scott, it's dissecting the dossier information wisely. Such documents loose ALL credibility when outlandish negative political bashing runs rampant coupled with the fact the opposition party paid for it. It states Russia interfered with Cyber crimes and then you claim the dossier to be some holy grail treasure trove of useful information because it's good for your partisan efforts. Doesn't work that way sorry to tell you.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:27 AM

Has anyone actually heard the audio. Very funny stuff. Just goes to show the extent the Democrats will go for Trump dirt.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._from_fsb.html

Music in the video is bad. Try this link out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5waop30577A
Old 02-09-2018, 12:14 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:
This isn't partisan Scott, it's dissecting the dossier information wisely. Such documents loose ALL credibility when outlandish negative political bashing runs rampant coupled with the fact the opposition party paid for it. It states Russia interfered with Cyber crimes and then you claim the dossier to be some holy grail treasure trove of useful information because it's good for your partisan efforts. Doesn't work that way sorry to tell you.
I can't even respond to his "true-true" he gleaned from the dossier. I keep laughing at a guy travelled to Russia. And that Russia has a massive cyber crime operation so therefore golden showers are a thing.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:27 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Quote:
I can't even respond to his "true-true" he gleaned from the dossier. I keep laughing at a guy travelled to Russia. And that Russia has a massive cyber crime operation so therefore golden showers are a thing.
And I can't believe your simple-minded focus on a group of memos as the ONLY evidence of Russia-Trump wrong doing.

Or that in a collection of information, that if just one is wrong, everything is wrong. If you get a flat tire, do you decide the whole vehicle is defective?

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 02-09-2018, 12:59 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Has anyone actually heard the audio. Very funny stuff. Just goes to show the extent the Democrats will go for Trump dirt.
At least he contacted the FBI - you know, like your are supposed to do when a Russian calls and offers you dirt on a political opponent.

Or go on TV and talk about a "secret society."

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 02-09-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
At least he contacted the FBI -
Think about what you just said. Say it in your head a few times. Then go back and read that full Interim Report.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:04 PM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
upset words
Sorry I struck a nerve?
Old 02-09-2018, 06:05 PM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
At least he contacted the FBI - you know, like your are supposed to do when a Russian calls and offers you dirt on a political opponent.

Or go on TV and talk about a "secret society."
Like when you have a meeting with them, you mean?

For the sake of the discussion, I am surprised we're still laser focused on the shoe strung together deep state/HRC conspiracy and not talking about this week's other fun events (I'm not really surprised).

-Anyone want to reconcile Rand Paul's momentary shutdown with the irony that he is, this week, espousing fiscal conservatism (not during the tax vote of course, but now-yes).

-Of course the truly juicy story is Porter's resignation, his relationship with Hope Hicks...and of course the reaction from the WH including the inevitable Roy Moore 'well he said he's innocent' comment. #metoo just won't die with this kind of self inflicted opportunities.

Last edited by 1920SF; 02-09-2018 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Sorry I struck a nerve?
No Karl, we're good. You should take your act on the road though. I mean hell, you (would have?) voted for Hillary Clinton so you have that going for you. We're even.

Old 02-10-2018, 11:19 AM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
No Karl, we're good. You should take your act on the road though. I mean hell, you (would have?) voted for Hillary Clinton so you have that going for you. We're even.

I'm tempted to see how much you actually know about communism, but since you won't even step up to discussing our own constitution I realize it is a bit much to ask.

Don't want to defend Porter, I mean-you defended the pedophile, and the KKK-why not grab the trifecta.

Oh, and so much for the memo-roll the talking point out about how this one has classified info in it, so it can't, for national security you know....
Old 02-10-2018, 12:37 PM

Ray,

I know you know, but you are wasting time.

Most civilians, even some veterans, can not understand why we think the way we think. Pack oriented self sustaining, free food, free housing, free education, free uniforms, brotherhood, molds a conservative socialist mentality. Civilians do it for the money we did it for the lifestyle.

And to squash the typical response 'veterans pay the ultimate sacrifice and defend our freedom!!!!' There are LOTS of desk jockies that spend their entire enlistment in some office at some shitty base in the cheapest real estate tax dollars could buy where the main strip out of the main gate is lined with tattoo shops, pawn shops, liquor stores, and payday loan shops. Vultures sucking the little bit of cash out of the pockets of dunmies.

So all that free shit we received was not due to us paying the ultimate sacrifice, it was to repay us for working 12-24 hours a day and do the job self evolved people would never sacrifice at least 4 years of their life to do. In other words we did the work illegal aliens do for our society.

And recently to make it appear as though civilians appreciate us doing the jobs they would never do they write pop country songs, beer ads, NFL pregame shows, etc to worship 'heros'. It's bullshit.

Shit my dad volunteered for Vietnam to avoid the draft. Spent 4 years his first enlistment, then after returning he went ahead and spent 16 more years....free stuff is better than civilian life

Our president felt he was better than my father and the 'real' Americans love him????

Anyways my point is directed towards people who don't understand why some of us have the ideologies we have. We lived in a socialist type environment. It was great. You'd be very surprised how many of us 'heros' are bleeding heart types...but it is tempered with 'if you don't pull your weight you get thrown overboard'. Wolf pack mentality shit. Everyone eats, even the omega, but if you don't pull your weight you are left in the cold to die.

Just getting tired of Brian's smug comments.

Call me Karl all you want, just know my socialist ideologies were formed being raised in a military family surrounded by Vietnam veterans, then galvanized by working the flight deck of a floating prison. So maybe you might think twice about how you feel towards trump's worshipping the military and wanting a Cold War soviet style military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:14 PM

Member Trucks
Quote:
-Of course the truly juicy story is Porter's resignation, his relationship with Hope Hicks...and of course the reaction from the WH including the inevitable Roy Moore 'well he said he's innocent' comment. #metoo just won't die with this kind of self inflicted opportunities.
What's juicy about the relationship with Hope Hicks? What's juicy about his resignation? The dude was a wife beater and has now resigned. In standard fashion somebody kept the top guys out of the loop on the reality. This is surprising to you? This is exactly what happens in your branch and mine repeatedly with "chosen ones" and buddies until it's too late. I don't see anybody defending this guy now that they are fully aware of the situation.

Here's a prime example of Trump actually doing the right thing and being pissed about this guy being a POS. You can't even say thankfully he forced that douche to be dumped. Why do you blindly believe any story like Hicks and Porter having an affair. This isn't proven yet but you deride any mention of the possibility that the derp state has done something wrong.

All you do is point out bias using a biased chart created by biased people to back up your biased opinion(aren't they all) on what news is the most valid news. From earlier in this thread post #207:
Quote:
Its also worth saying that being biased doesn't mean being wrong, it just means you have a slanted viewpoint.
. You are not always correct no matter what you think. This statement was a two-way street. You cannot always claim the supposed left biased news is correct but the supposed right biased news is not.

The dude is a POS. He's resigned. What more do you want out of that situation?