DiscoWeb Message Boards
 

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > Politics

Politics Political BS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7401  
Old 02-08-2018, 10:57 PM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 4,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
Lets pick them apart then. List them individually.
from: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...llegations.pdf
Here's some (Highlighted are summaries of the dossier; Yellow indicated shown to be true.)

The Russians have been cultivating/assisting Trump for at least 5 years. The aim being to encourage splits in the Western alliance. - I think we all think this is Putin's aim. It would be nice to see Trumps finances to see how much Russian money is propping up his real estate biz.

Trump has declined sweetener real estate deals, but has accepted intelligence on the DNC. - Papadapolous shot his mouth off about it to an Aussie which kicked off the FBI investigation. The Trump tower meeting.

Russia has compromat on Trump, specifically from his sexual escapades (the pee-pee) - I thought this was BS, but since Trump has raw dogged Stormy Daniels...who knows.

Russia has kompromat on HRC, and it has not been disseminated. - So far...who knows.

Russia has extensive program on cyber crime - I think we can all agree this is true.

Trump associate saying Russia is behind Wikileaks of HRC/DNC emails and coordinated with Trump campaign - See: Papadapolous

Paul Manafort and Carter Page were intermediaries
- Well, Manafort is in the dock, Carter Page was investigated and had known Kremlin ties back to 2013.

Trump campaign agreed to sideline sanction against Russia for Ukraine in exchange for the HRC/DNC emails. - Here, the US has ratcheted up sanctions.

The backlash about Trump working with Russia is a smoke screen to distract from Trumps dealings with China where he has significant holdings and paid large bribes/kickbacks
- Interesting...Seeing Trumps taxes, financial records would be key here. Is Mueller looking at those?

Even though Trump has minimal investment in Russia, that is not for want of trying. - It's been reported that Trump's personal lawyer traveled to Russia to negotiate a hotel deal: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...rviews-n815121

Carter Page had secret meetings in Russia
- Well...see FISA.

Kremlin is engaging with Stein, Page, Flynn and paying for their visits to Russia. - Again, see: Page FISA, Flynn in the dock.

Former Ukrainian President told Putin he authorized kickbacks to Manafort
- See: Manafort in the dock.

Mikhail Kalugin, a Russian diplomat in DC, outed as a Russian spy. - Yep. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7657286.html

I'm done....
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #7402  
Old 02-08-2018, 10:58 PM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 4,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I think SGaynor could convince himself the sky is green.
You can call me Scott. Or just Gaynor.

Either one works.
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #7403  
Old 02-08-2018, 11:08 PM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 4,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
That is elitism at its finest.
Thank goodness. Otherwise this is what becomes in charge:

__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #7404  
Old 02-08-2018, 11:28 PM
brian4d brian4d is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 4,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
from: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...llegations.pdf
Here's some (Highlighted are summaries of the dossier; Yellow indicated shown to be true.)

The Russians have been cultivating/assisting Trump for at least 5 years. The aim being to encourage splits in the Western alliance. - I think we all think this is Putin's aim. It would be nice to see Trumps finances to see how much Russian money is propping up his real estate biz.

Trump has declined sweetener real estate deals, but has accepted intelligence on the DNC. - Papadapolous shot his mouth off about it to an Aussie which kicked off the FBI investigation. The Trump tower meeting.

Russia has compromat on Trump, specifically from his sexual escapades (the pee-pee) - I thought this was BS, but since Trump has raw dogged Stormy Daniels...who knows.

Russia has kompromat on HRC, and it has not been disseminated. - So far...who knows.

Russia has extensive program on cyber crime - I think we can all agree this is true.

Trump associate saying Russia is behind Wikileaks of HRC/DNC emails and coordinated with Trump campaign - See: Papadapolous

Paul Manafort and Carter Page were intermediaries
- Well, Manafort is in the dock, Carter Page was investigated and had known Kremlin ties back to 2013.

Trump campaign agreed to sideline sanction against Russia for Ukraine in exchange for the HRC/DNC emails. - Here, the US has ratcheted up sanctions.

The backlash about Trump working with Russia is a smoke screen to distract from Trumps dealings with China where he has significant holdings and paid large bribes/kickbacks
- Interesting...Seeing Trumps taxes, financial records would be key here. Is Mueller looking at those?

Even though Trump has minimal investment in Russia, that is not for want of trying. - It's been reported that Trump's personal lawyer traveled to Russia to negotiate a hotel deal: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...rviews-n815121

Carter Page had secret meetings in Russia
- Well...see FISA.

Kremlin is engaging with Stein, Page, Flynn and paying for their visits to Russia. - Again, see: Page FISA, Flynn in the dock.

Former Ukrainian President told Putin he authorized kickbacks to Manafort
- See: Manafort in the dock.

Mikhail Kalugin, a Russian diplomat in DC, outed as a Russian spy. - Yep. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7657286.html

I'm done....
blumenthal Sure does have a big mouth. Oh no, you?re not done, that?s a lie.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Reply With Quote
  #7405  
Old 02-09-2018, 12:05 AM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 4,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
blumenthal Sure does have a big mouth. Oh no, you?re not done, that?s a lie.
Just so we are clear here:

A) I write out a detailed response to a question and you respond with something that has nothing to do with what I wrote. Deep thinking there.

B) Blumenthal...Yes. That's the key to your whole conspiracy. Someone close to Clintons gave Steele some info. Who, in turn, gave the info to the FBI because he thought Trump would be susceptible to blackmail. Therefore everything Steele wrote is fake. If I told you the sky was blue would you say it was fake because it came from a source you don't like?

Do you think John Gotti was innocent because Sammy the Bull testified against him?

Deep critical thinking your are displaying...
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #7406  
Old 02-09-2018, 07:24 AM
discostew discostew is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 4,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I think SGaynor could convince himself the sky is green.
Well it is kinda green before a tornado, just saying. Maybe another color would be more better to make your point. You got anymore of those shrooms?
Reply With Quote
  #7407  
Old 02-09-2018, 09:24 AM
D Chapman's Avatar
D Chapman D Chapman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: On Kennith's private island
Posts: 10,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
If I told you the sky was blue would you say it was fake because it came from a source you don't like?
Personally, I'd have to go see for myself if the information came from you.
Reply With Quote
  #7408  
Old 02-09-2018, 09:25 AM
brian4d brian4d is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 4,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
Just so we are clear here:

A) I write out a detailed response to a question and you respond with something that has nothing to do with what I wrote. Deep thinking there.

B) Blumenthal...Yes. That's the key to your whole conspiracy. Someone close to Clintons gave Steele some info. Who, in turn, gave the info to the FBI because he thought Trump would be susceptible to blackmail. Therefore everything Steele wrote is fake. If I told you the sky was blue would you say it was fake because it came from a source you don't like?

Do you think John Gotti was innocent because Sammy the Bull testified against him?

Deep critical thinking your are displaying...
Just to be clear here I never ask for your details on why you think Fusion GPS PR firm would create a factual document. It's a joke and doesn't' deserve a response. However I'll respond just for fun. I'd simply say Manafort was being Manafort and looking out for Manfort unbeknownst to Trump. Same thing with Carter Page, he's just kind of an idiot, would not have the sense to get off the finish line for an elaborate crime involving Trump. Oh, and Russia has cyber crime. Stand back because I think Jesus just parted the waters, mind blowing. Here is my question. Is Hillary mad? Does she want her $160,000 back? I would because the dossier is laughable and everyone knew it. Carter Page is an idiot and the FBI still employed him. Trump wants a Hotel in Moscow, of course he does, he has a Hotel in many other major cities in the world. Trump quest for a hotel in Moscow could most likely be found in his business plan dating back to the 1980's. Fusion GPS is still a PR firm that bids on the highest contracts. In this case Hillary won out. In this case she also flushed down the toilet $160,000 in donations from her supporters, or did she?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Reply With Quote
  #7409  
Old 02-09-2018, 09:30 AM
1920SF's Avatar
1920SF 1920SF is offline
KK4DPX
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,671
Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
That is elitism at its finest.
How so; you noted yourself several pages back that knowledge and experience matter. Is it elitism to actually go out and do things or to seek education? Ironic that folks saying that will then tout 'the founding fathers' as though they were egalitarians who had neither education or experience (but they had both, and were actually elitist). So is it elitism to have a well rounded education and a wide breadth of experience and point out where people who don't have a significant amount of either, yet so loudly proclaim what they know to be true, could be wrong?

I guess if you call that elitist, then yep-guilty as charged.

Dan calls it being an asshole. (Let's pause to reflect on that, Dan is calling someone else an asshole. Dan the coward, and well known asshole of Dweb for over a decade). Here's the thing-there are times when yes, I'm an asshole to Brian (and you, and Dan). The truth is there are also times that Brian's an idiot, and an asshole-and Dan is well known to be an asshole, so much so that even his friends have the caveat 'well he isn't really like that in person' within the Land Rover community. I would note there are times with your pissy little ad hominems and such that you too are an asshole. So what?

That doesn't make what I said about Brian incorrect though, it just makes me an asshole because of the way I said it-not what was said.

Don't you guys like folks that 'tell it the way it is?'
__________________
2006 LR3
1996 Disco 5-speed
1954 Series 1 86"
Reply With Quote
  #7410  
Old 02-09-2018, 09:49 AM
D Chapman's Avatar
D Chapman D Chapman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: On Kennith's private island
Posts: 10,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
How so; you noted yourself several pages back that knowledge and experience matter. Is it elitism to actually go out and do things or to seek education? Ironic that folks saying that will then tout 'the founding fathers' as though they were egalitarians who had neither education or experience (but they had both, and were actually elitist). So is it elitism to have a well rounded education and a wide breadth of experience and point out where people who don't have a significant amount of either, yet so loudly proclaim what they know to be true, could be wrong?

I guess if you call that elitist, then yep-guilty as charged.
It's like having vast knowledge of underwater basket weaving or the Bible.
Reply With Quote
  #7411  
Old 02-09-2018, 09:56 AM
brian4d brian4d is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 4,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
How so; you noted yourself several pages back that knowledge and experience matter. Is it elitism to actually go out and do things or to seek education? Ironic that folks saying that will then tout 'the founding fathers' as though they were egalitarians who had neither education or experience (but they had both, and were actually elitist). So is it elitism to have a well rounded education and a wide breadth of experience and point out where people who don't have a significant amount of either, yet so loudly proclaim what they know to be true, could be wrong?

I guess if you call that elitist, then yep-guilty as charged.

Dan calls it being an asshole. (Let's pause to reflect on that, Dan is calling someone else an asshole. Dan the coward, and well known asshole of Dweb for over a decade). Here's the thing-there are times when yes, I'm an asshole to Brian (and you, and Dan). The truth is there are also times that Brian's an idiot, and an asshole-and Dan is well known to be an asshole, so much so that even his friends have the caveat 'well he isn't really like that in person' within the Land Rover community. I would note there are times with your pissy little ad hominems and such that you too are an asshole. So what?

That doesn't make what I said about Brian incorrect though, it just makes me an asshole because of the way I said it-not what was said.

Don't you guys like folks that 'tell it the way it is?'
You don't tell it the way it is Karl, but in your messed up little world (I still think it's an act, nobody is that insecure and pompous) you believe yourself to be enlightened far beyond any of your associates. You're very good at spinning material and running circles around topics you like to avoid or would rather sit on the fence about. Look at my character questions for you. Took me holding your feet to the fire 4 separate post before you finally admitted your true fucked up feelings regarding character and Trump supporters. Are you ever wrong? I'm guessing no. At this point you're not fooling any of us Karl.

How did we get from here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
Tick, Tock
to here - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
Shine the light. Everywhere.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Reply With Quote
  #7412  
Old 02-09-2018, 11:08 AM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 4,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
That is elitism at its finest.
From Michael Gerson in today's WaPo:

For some years, the main political project of the right has been to take control of the government while denigrating the government. President Trump drew this strategy to its logical conclusion during his campaign, asserting as a kind of refrain: ?Our politicians are stupid.?

Which came to mind following the revelation that Chief of Staff John F. Kelly had kept Rob Porter in a sensitive position (White House staff secretary) after being informed by the FBI that there was a protective order against him. As it came to mind when Michael Flynn was elevated to national security adviser following repeated FBI warnings that he might be compromised by the Russians. As it came to mind after the elevation of Anthony Scaramucci to, well, any position of public trust.

I have to admit that the Trump administration has acted with a certain consistency in these matters. Trump and his team accused the government of being corrupt ? and have proved it beyond reasonable doubt. They alleged that the government was brimming with stupidity ? and took it as a kind of recruiting challenge. Across the executive branch, it is a golden age for the unqualified and unfit. This is the natural outcome of contempt for professional experience, contempt for governing skill, contempt for government itself.
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #7413  
Old 02-09-2018, 11:12 AM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 4,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
Just to be clear here I never ask for your details on why you think Fusion GPS PR firm would create a factual document.
And that right there sums up your thinking. ANYTHING that goes against what you think/believe is just made up - it's not "factual."

You really need to read fewer op-eds and more actual news articles. Not everything is a partisan shot at the other partisans.
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #7414  
Old 02-09-2018, 11:19 AM
brian4d brian4d is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 4,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
And that right there sums up your thinking. ANYTHING that goes against what you think/believe is just made up - it's not "factual."

You really need to read fewer op-eds and more actual news articles. Not everything is a partisan shot at the other partisans.
This isn't partisan Scott, it's dissecting the dossier information wisely. Such documents loose ALL credibility when outlandish negative political bashing runs rampant coupled with the fact the opposition party paid for it. It states Russia interfered with Cyber crimes and then you claim the dossier to be some holy grail treasure trove of useful information because it's good for your partisan efforts. Doesn't work that way sorry to tell you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Reply With Quote
  #7415  
Old 02-09-2018, 11:27 AM
brian4d brian4d is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 4,746
Has anyone actually heard the audio. Very funny stuff. Just goes to show the extent the Democrats will go for Trump dirt.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._from_fsb.html

Music in the video is bad. Try this link out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5waop30577A
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Reply With Quote
  #7416  
Old 02-09-2018, 12:14 PM
mgreenspan's Avatar
mgreenspan mgreenspan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nevada City
Posts: 4,300
Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
This isn't partisan Scott, it's dissecting the dossier information wisely. Such documents loose ALL credibility when outlandish negative political bashing runs rampant coupled with the fact the opposition party paid for it. It states Russia interfered with Cyber crimes and then you claim the dossier to be some holy grail treasure trove of useful information because it's good for your partisan efforts. Doesn't work that way sorry to tell you.
I can't even respond to his "true-true" he gleaned from the dossier. I keep laughing at a guy travelled to Russia. And that Russia has a massive cyber crime operation so therefore golden showers are a thing.
__________________
Land Rover Only 2 Complaints
Last too long Look too good
Reply With Quote
  #7417  
Old 02-09-2018, 12:27 PM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 4,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
This isn't partisan Scott, it's dissecting the dossier information wisely. Such documents loose ALL credibility when outlandish negative political bashing runs rampant coupled with the fact the opposition party paid for it. It states Russia interfered with Cyber crimes and then you claim the dossier to be some holy grail treasure trove of useful information because it's good for your partisan efforts. Doesn't work that way sorry to tell you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
I can't even respond to his "true-true" he gleaned from the dossier. I keep laughing at a guy travelled to Russia. And that Russia has a massive cyber crime operation so therefore golden showers are a thing.
And I can't believe your simple-minded focus on a group of memos as the ONLY evidence of Russia-Trump wrong doing.

Or that in a collection of information, that if just one is wrong, everything is wrong. If you get a flat tire, do you decide the whole vehicle is defective?
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #7418  
Old 02-09-2018, 12:59 PM
SGaynor's Avatar
SGaynor SGaynor is offline
KN4KFS
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bristol, TN
Posts: 4,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
Has anyone actually heard the audio. Very funny stuff. Just goes to show the extent the Democrats will go for Trump dirt.
At least he contacted the FBI - you know, like your are supposed to do when a Russian calls and offers you dirt on a political opponent.

Or go on TV and talk about a "secret society."
__________________
Scott

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim


Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Reply With Quote
  #7419  
Old 02-09-2018, 01:21 PM
brian4d brian4d is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 4,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
At least he contacted the FBI -
Think about what you just said. Say it in your head a few times. Then go back and read that full Interim Report.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Reply With Quote
  #7420  
Old 02-09-2018, 06:04 PM
1920SF's Avatar
1920SF 1920SF is offline
KK4DPX
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,671
Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
upset words
Sorry I struck a nerve?
__________________
2006 LR3
1996 Disco 5-speed
1954 Series 1 86"
Reply With Quote
  #7421  
Old 02-09-2018, 06:05 PM
1920SF's Avatar
1920SF 1920SF is offline
KK4DPX
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,671
Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
At least he contacted the FBI - you know, like your are supposed to do when a Russian calls and offers you dirt on a political opponent.

Or go on TV and talk about a "secret society."
Like when you have a meeting with them, you mean?

For the sake of the discussion, I am surprised we're still laser focused on the shoe strung together deep state/HRC conspiracy and not talking about this week's other fun events (I'm not really surprised).

-Anyone want to reconcile Rand Paul's momentary shutdown with the irony that he is, this week, espousing fiscal conservatism (not during the tax vote of course, but now-yes).

-Of course the truly juicy story is Porter's resignation, his relationship with Hope Hicks...and of course the reaction from the WH including the inevitable Roy Moore 'well he said he's innocent' comment. #metoo just won't die with this kind of self inflicted opportunities.
__________________
2006 LR3
1996 Disco 5-speed
1954 Series 1 86"

Last edited by 1920SF; 02-09-2018 at 06:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7422  
Old 02-09-2018, 07:52 PM
brian4d brian4d is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: High Point, NC
Posts: 4,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
Sorry I struck a nerve?
No Karl, we're good. You should take your act on the road though. I mean hell, you (would have?) voted for Hillary Clinton so you have that going for you. We're even.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmodg View Post
Thanks Brian - for being you!
Reply With Quote
  #7423  
Old 02-10-2018, 11:19 AM
1920SF's Avatar
1920SF 1920SF is offline
KK4DPX
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoVA
Posts: 2,671
Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
No Karl, we're good. You should take your act on the road though. I mean hell, you (would have?) voted for Hillary Clinton so you have that going for you. We're even.

I'm tempted to see how much you actually know about communism, but since you won't even step up to discussing our own constitution I realize it is a bit much to ask.

Don't want to defend Porter, I mean-you defended the pedophile, and the KKK-why not grab the trifecta.

Oh, and so much for the memo-roll the talking point out about how this one has classified info in it, so it can't, for national security you know....
__________________
2006 LR3
1996 Disco 5-speed
1954 Series 1 86"
Reply With Quote
  #7424  
Old 02-10-2018, 12:37 PM
seventyfive's Avatar
seventyfive seventyfive is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: over there
Posts: 3,992
Ray,

I know you know, but you are wasting time.

Most civilians, even some veterans, can not understand why we think the way we think. Pack oriented self sustaining, free food, free housing, free education, free uniforms, brotherhood, molds a conservative socialist mentality. Civilians do it for the money we did it for the lifestyle.

And to squash the typical response 'veterans pay the ultimate sacrifice and defend our freedom!!!!' There are LOTS of desk jockies that spend their entire enlistment in some office at some shitty base in the cheapest real estate tax dollars could buy where the main strip out of the main gate is lined with tattoo shops, pawn shops, liquor stores, and payday loan shops. Vultures sucking the little bit of cash out of the pockets of dunmies.

So all that free shit we received was not due to us paying the ultimate sacrifice, it was to repay us for working 12-24 hours a day and do the job self evolved people would never sacrifice at least 4 years of their life to do. In other words we did the work illegal aliens do for our society.

And recently to make it appear as though civilians appreciate us doing the jobs they would never do they write pop country songs, beer ads, NFL pregame shows, etc to worship 'heros'. It's bullshit.

Shit my dad volunteered for Vietnam to avoid the draft. Spent 4 years his first enlistment, then after returning he went ahead and spent 16 more years....free stuff is better than civilian life

Our president felt he was better than my father and the 'real' Americans love him????



Anyways my point is directed towards people who don't understand why some of us have the ideologies we have. We lived in a socialist type environment. It was great. You'd be very surprised how many of us 'heros' are bleeding heart types...but it is tempered with 'if you don't pull your weight you get thrown overboard'. Wolf pack mentality shit. Everyone eats, even the omega, but if you don't pull your weight you are left in the cold to die.


Just getting tired of Brian's smug comments.

Call me Karl all you want, just know my socialist ideologies were formed being raised in a military family surrounded by Vietnam veterans, then galvanized by working the flight deck of a floating prison. So maybe you might think twice about how you feel towards trump's worshipping the military and wanting a Cold War soviet style military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue.
__________________
Mike Widener
D2
Reply With Quote
  #7425  
Old 02-10-2018, 01:14 PM
mgreenspan's Avatar
mgreenspan mgreenspan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nevada City
Posts: 4,300
Member Trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
-Of course the truly juicy story is Porter's resignation, his relationship with Hope Hicks...and of course the reaction from the WH including the inevitable Roy Moore 'well he said he's innocent' comment. #metoo just won't die with this kind of self inflicted opportunities.
What's juicy about the relationship with Hope Hicks? What's juicy about his resignation? The dude was a wife beater and has now resigned. In standard fashion somebody kept the top guys out of the loop on the reality. This is surprising to you? This is exactly what happens in your branch and mine repeatedly with "chosen ones" and buddies until it's too late. I don't see anybody defending this guy now that they are fully aware of the situation.

Here's a prime example of Trump actually doing the right thing and being pissed about this guy being a POS. You can't even say thankfully he forced that douche to be dumped. Why do you blindly believe any story like Hicks and Porter having an affair. This isn't proven yet but you deride any mention of the possibility that the derp state has done something wrong.

All you do is point out bias using a biased chart created by biased people to back up your biased opinion(aren't they all) on what news is the most valid news. From earlier in this thread post #207:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
Its also worth saying that being biased doesn't mean being wrong, it just means you have a slanted viewpoint.
. You are not always correct no matter what you think. This statement was a two-way street. You cannot always claim the supposed left biased news is correct but the supposed right biased news is not.

The dude is a POS. He's resigned. What more do you want out of that situation?
__________________
Land Rover Only 2 Complaints
Last too long Look too good
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Colorado Springs Wildfire chris snell General 8 06-28-2012 03:01 PM
Colorado Springs to Orlando? Springsroverfamily General 2 02-25-2011 08:37 PM
Weekend of 3/20 I'm in Colorado Springs with an H3 gmookher Events/Trails/Trips 0 03-20-2009 04:57 AM
Colorado Springs, CO Mechanic cavendish Discovery - Technical Discussions 9 10-02-2007 07:25 PM
DII brush bar & OME springs. Colorado Danger Parts For Sale 0 08-02-2006 09:48 AM

» Log in
User Name Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Password
» Today's Birthdays
Joe Cole (62)
Leon (59)
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2000 - 2015, DiscoWeb.org. All rights reserved.

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.