DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Technical Boards > LR4/LR3 - Technical Discussions

Old 04-17-2018, 06:31 AM
Still Junior

Hey guys,

So my key fob ran out of juice before I got the car. I changed the battery and still nothing. Sooooo, been using the key to get in/out of the car but my teeny toon broke something in the lock now I am unable to unlock the driver door, hence I can?t lock the door.

I took the door pretty much apart but could not figure out how to get the door handle off or the mechanism behind it. I had everything else off or hanging but got stuck.

Any ideas? I couldn?t find an in depth video. Any ideas on what broke? Dealer wanted $450 to reprogram key, I laughed my way out.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:49 AM
RoverGuy

I purchased 2 keys off eBay for 80 bucks/cut for 30 and paid for a reprogramming obd ii port tool on there for another 150....for 260 I ended up with 2 keys and a tool to program them in the future...much better route.

The door handle isn't a long term solution to locking and unlocking the truck....it's a short term fix until you can get the remote repaired/replaced. It will start tossing codes.... etc.

roverguy.com
Old 04-18-2018, 02:50 AM
Still Junior

Good evening Mr Tillery, tried your phone... can you send pics of what you actually bought so I know what’s the right reprogramming tool to purchase. Thank you
Old 04-19-2018, 03:44 PM
Still Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILL.TILLERY View Post
I purchased 2 keys off eBay for 80 bucks/cut for 30 and paid for a reprogramming obd ii port tool on there for another 150....for 260 I ended up with 2 keys and a tool to program them in the future...much better route.

The door handle isn't a long term solution to locking and unlocking the truck....it's a short term fix until you can get the remote repaired/replaced. It will start tossing codes.... etc.
I?d love to find out what exactly you bought, especially the reprogramming tool. I tried your phone, I?ll try email today. Thank you very much!

Hoody,
Old 04-21-2018, 05:51 PM
Still Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILL.TILLERY View Post

Good morning sir,

Tried calling and emailing to find out what brand of reprogramming tool I need to configure keys. I was met with no contact in either way. Anyone else know what to buy to do this?
Old 04-21-2018, 05:55 PM
Still Junior

I got the can bus reader to go for the LR3, can this be used to reprogram?
Old 05-03-2018, 06:06 AM
Still Junior

Still no luck with Mr Tillery and what exactly he bought to get his fixed. Anyone else can point me in the right direction on what exactly I need to purchase to fix this once and for all. I’m game to buy two keys and a programmer if need be.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:37 AM
RoverGuy

Can you give me the exact date of your voicemail? I can assure you I never received one and I would love to call Verizon and notify them.

DID you ever search Ebay as I advised in the prior thread? I have not looked at this discussion since that comment....

a simple search on ebay provided the following results

in the search field on this one I typed "Land Rover Key Programmer"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Mazda-F...QAAOSwR8haVwgZ

in the search field on this one I typed "Land Rover LR3 Key"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Replace...cbks8dpEPrb-vQ

roverguy.com

Last edited by WILL.TILLERY; 05-03-2018 at 07:02 AM.