D1 seat bottoms

fishEH

Jan 26, 2009
Lake Villa, IL
I have a 94 and 95, both with manual seats. Both trucks the backs are OK but the bottoms are toast. As such I have some questions.
1) will late model (96-99) D1 seat bottoms bolt onto the 94-95 mounting brackets?
2) can I use 96-99 D1 bottom foam and leather to rebuild the 94-95 bottoms?
3) will D2 bottom foam and leather work on 94-95 bottoms?
4) are any late D1 or D2 back foam/leather able to be used on 94-95 manual backs?

I'm not too worried about color matching as I'll be using seat covers anyway.

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
Exmoor makes replacement foam for those seats and I've seen the oem pleather available. Maybe bp Utah or rimmer bros

96 electric seat stuff doesn't work. Tried it. Maybe 96 and up manual seat stuff works.

XCELLER8

Sep 21, 2009
fwiw....I bought a set of seats from Summit Racing for my '95...they look like Recarro copys,they were $159 each....came with the tracks, all I needed to do was bolt in an alluminum plate on top of the old mount to bolt the new seats to.....which allowed me to mount them back a little farther...

Reactions: DiscoClay

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
If I transplant late model D1 bottoms can I still keep the 94-95 backs?
Same question on D2 bottoms.
I think so.
96+ bottoms have a different way to attach to the seat frame from 94-95. It can be done, you just need to spend some time cutting off the '95 plastic hooks and sewing them to 96 bottom leather.

Leadvagas

Jun 10, 2010
Leadville CO
Look up Exmoore on youtube. There is a really good tutorial on rebuilding front seats, about 20 minutes total. The front seats are early, 95 and back, and late 96 and up. Manual seats are all different than power in my experience. I need to do all the fronts in both my 95's, either going the Exmoore route or just buy some after market seats.

Reactions: DiscoClay

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
I did exmoor on both my 95 and 97. It's all good except their seat diaphragms. They seem to only last a few years. I think I got a decade out of the originals

mdcoa

Jan 25, 2013
Southern Pines, NC
I bought new Exmoor foam and diaphragm for my 95 D1--pretty easy to install both (although their diaphragms have more hooks than the one shown in their video--requires one or two holes drilled in the rear rail), and a huge improvement. And pretty cheap, with the exchange rate what it is. Got 'em from Rimmer Bros, and they were here within a couple days. It's a crazy world.

WaltNYC

Mar 3, 2010
NYC
mdcoa, how did the new foam fit under the existing covers? Or did you get new covers as well?

fishEH

Jan 26, 2009
Lake Villa, IL
So I pulled the Cabelas covers off my or seats. The fabric is actual in great shape!!

I did exmoor on both my 95 and 97. It's all good except their seat diaphragms. They seem to only last a few years. I think I got a decade out of the originals

Will the Exmoor foam fit under the existing fabric? Or do I need to buy their replacement vinyl as well?

Buddy

Nov 6, 2006
Central NC
So I pulled the Cabelas covers off my or seats. The fabric is actual in great shape!!

Will the Exmoor foam fit under the existing fabric? Or do I need to buy their replacement vinyl as well?

I installed one of the new seat foams on my '95. The stock leather cover worked just fine. It's a tight fit so just don't rip anything. There is also a rubber replacement cradle you can get to replace the factory one that always rips.

robertf

Jan 22, 2006
-
94-95 are early. 96-99 are late. The seat back pockets are cut different. Among other things.

n8thgr8

Dec 6, 2006
Colorado, Guam
Hey guys! I have two Exmoore D1 seat bases sitting right here. I had my seats for my LSE redone and ended up not needing them.

I paid $90 each for them from Rovers North, they've never been used, (just dusty from sitting in the upholstery shop for a while) Price is negotiable. hit me up if you're interested

Leadvagas

Jun 10, 2010
Leadville CO
Hey guys! I have two Exmoore D1 seat bases sitting right here. I had my seats for my LSE redone and ended up not needing them.

I paid $90 each for them from Rovers North, they've never been used, (just dusty from sitting in the upholstery shop for a while) Price is negotiable. hit me up if you're interested

When you say seat bases, do you mean the foam? If so I would be interested.