Suckers: Your Bucket Is Ready

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
The reviews, lol....

For ages I have been using five gallons buckets from Lowe's or Home depot when I went fishing. The problem is, I then had to also lug around my wallet to carry the extra $37 dollars that I didn't spend because I had not bought a YETI bucket. I also noticed that the bottled perrier water that I wash my truck with didn't have quite the same cleaning power when carried in a standard five gallon bucket as it does when carried in a YETI bucket. I must admit, my wife was unimpressed with this item until I won her over with the optional lid for only an additional $29.99.

Reactions: Ballah06

SCSL

Apr 27, 2005
Oh wow. Where has this been all of my life? For years I've been using plain ole 5 gallon buckets to wash my car, take camping, and the like. But I've been sooooo embarrassed because, even though they worked great, THOSE buckets didn't reflect my personal style. With this YETI bucket, I'll be the envy of the campsite and neighborhood.

Every bucket I buy has holes so large that whatever I put it IMMIDATELY falls out. They are practically just hoops, or wide, short pipes. This bucket, though? No Holes! Not a single hole, except the one in the top, which is important because otherwise it would just be a cylinder.

5/5: appropriate number of holes.

WaltNYC

Mar 3, 2010
NYC
If you are using a five gallon bucket to clean your truck, you are just putting the dirt from the first section back onto the last section you wash. Use a two gallon bucket and change the water & soap often.

duh.

Oh, and yes, YETI is the 'Lacoste/IZOD' of coolers.

Howski

Oct 19, 2009
Alabama
The reviews are a little disappointing because I was looking forward to seeing people try to justify a $40 bucket

emmodg

Apr 17, 2006
We fret about our nation's future when the warning signs have been plentiful: $300 coolers, $40 plastic buckets, and Bentley SUVs.... The horror! The horror! The.....

ERover82

Nov 26, 2011
Darien Gap
81pbqIxULRL.jpg

Jan 3, 2005
On Kennith's private island
Carrier Corp must be buying these buckets for their employees. I see Carrier HVAC guys using the Yeti buckets to carry their tools in. They used 5-gallon buckets before, typically with a piece of 1/2" copper pipe over the white plastic handle so it did not hurt their hands while walking into large factories and warehouses. Their tools are heavy and the white plastic handle hurts your hands over a period of time so they use the copper pipe for comfort. But now they're using Yeti buckets. I laughed at first. Then one of the guys told me how bad it sucked when you cracked a bucket full of tools or when the handle fell off while hoisting your tools up a ladder. So I kind of get it now.

Not sure why you'd need a heavy duty bucket for bait, though.