Suckers: Your Bucket Is Ready

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
Carrier Corp must be buying these buckets for their employees. I see Carrier HVAC guys using the Yeti buckets to carry their tools in. They used 5-gallon buckets before, typically with a piece of 1/2" copper pipe over the white plastic handle so it did not hurt their hands while walking into large factories and warehouses. Their tools are heavy and the white plastic handle hurts your hands over a period of time so they use the copper pipe for comfort. But now they're using Yeti buckets. I laughed at first. Then one of the guys told me how bad it sucked when you cracked a bucket full of tools or when the handle fell off while hoisting your tools up a ladder. So I kind of get it now.

Not sure why you'd need a heavy duty bucket for bait, though.

This may sound crazy, but why not use a device, such as a tool box or bag, to carry tools?

emmodg

Apr 17, 2006
Carrier Corp must be buying these buckets for their employees. I see Carrier HVAC guys using the Yeti buckets to carry their tools in. They used 5-gallon buckets before, typically with a piece of 1/2" copper pipe over the white plastic handle so it did not hurt their hands while walking into large factories and warehouses. Their tools are heavy and the white plastic handle hurts your hands over a period of time so they use the copper pipe for comfort. But now they're using Yeti buckets. I laughed at first. Then one of the guys told me how bad it sucked when you cracked a bucket full of tools or when the handle fell off while hoisting your tools up a ladder. So I kind of get it now.

Not sure why you'd need a heavy duty bucket for bait, though.

Is this a joky, joky story.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
Well if you guys hate it, I've gotta get one. If you get all the accessories you can get this thing up to $200. What better way to tell the guy fishing next to you that your doing way better than him?

Jan 3, 2005
On Kennith's private island
This may sound crazy, but why not use a device, such as a tool box or bag, to carry tools?

I don?t claim to be a HVAC mechanic. However, toting tools in and out of large buildings seems simplist in a bucket with a bucket boss tool organizer. You have the organizer for your hand tools, and the bucket for your larger more awkward items like a drill or leak detector. A bag would probably work untill you got tired of looking for a 1/4? nut driver.

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
I don?t claim to be a HVAC mechanic. However, toting tools in and out of large buildings seems simplist in a bucket with a bucket boss tool organizer. You have the organizer for your hand tools, and the bucket for your larger more awkward items like a drill or leak detector. A bag would probably work untill you got tired of looking for a 1/4? nut driver.

IDK, I see tons of people with these on the subway every day. Seems like it would be easier than lugging a big bucket around.

seventyfive

Jan 3, 2010
over there
Garrett,

I understand seeing gay pictures, while looking thru all women tumblr photos.

But your link is not something you 'happen' upon. I know we joke about you specifically being gay but that link....

Jan 3, 2005
On Kennith's private island
Or a $35 titanium coffee mug paired with a cutlery set for those extreme camping expeditions. Here's the site for those folks: www.gayoutdoors.org

Funny how the double wall coffee mug was a bad idea when Snow Peak released it. It was double wall so the hot coffee did not make the cup uncomfortable to hold, yet kept the coffee insulated and warm for an extended period, much like a Stanley thermos. Then a few years later folks like Hydro Flask come out with the double wall, vacuum sealed beer growler. The hipsters ate that shit up. Then Yeti does the same with the Yeti mug. Now, everyone has a Yeti mug (or the knockoff) in the Wawa coffee line. Except for Garrett of course. Garrett still uses the white trash plastic coffee mug he got for free at the Comfort Inn open house, but is careful not to run it through the dish washer to prevent it from dribbling all over his Burberry scarf and corduroy pants.

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
Defending Snow Peak is funny. Who said all this "double wall" stuff was a bad idea? Who fucking cares. It's just funny what people pay for this stuff and then try and justify it. Snow Peak will always be overpriced car camping gear for the those wanting to follow a trend in glamping and overloading. Yeti and Snow Peak are just two companies that have convinced quite a few people that paying more gets you more.

Salt Life!!

seventyfive

Jan 3, 2010
over there
I do love the irony sometimes.

You wear expensive nice clothes and your an elitist.
You spend the same money on a real tree coat AND wear it everyday in public and you are an average joe workin' man.

The snow peak stuff is great, I don't have any but if I was a serious car camper that is what I would buy. It is made for a specific function. Now, when you see someone that is completely outfitted with every snow peak item that is when I make a joke.

No different than seeing fat women in lulu lemon yoga pants. They are buying it to let everyone know I have expendable funds. The whale is not using those tights for their intended purpose. In fact none of my yoga friends even wear their attire in public. It would be like my children wearing their hockey gear as a statement to let people know they play hockey?

Then again I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to proper attire in public.

Daniel doesn't spend money for the sake of spending money but Garrett loves to razz him on the equipment he does spend the extra coin on. Daniel razzes garrett back. You guys remind me of two old gay guys in a relationship but are not really in love.

seventyfive

Jan 3, 2010
over there
But, $40 for a bucket? Is it impact resistant double walled with an air tight lid? I could see keeping a chum bucket nice and cold so the bait does not get funky.

But I agree with Garrett. It is a device most likely used by salt lifers to bling their wake board power boat; most likely filled with bud light or PBR if they are hipster salt lifers.

It is just the redneck's equivalent to spinners.

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
But, $40 for a bucket? Is it impact resistant double walled with an air tight lid? I could see keeping a chum bucket nice and cold so the bait does not get funky.

But I agree with Garrett. It is a device most likely used by salt lifers to bling their wake board power boat; most likely filled with bud light or PBR if they are hipster salt lifers.

It is just the redneck's equivalent to spinners.

Rednecks love their zero turns, Yeti coolers and the Outer Banks. The same fucking idiots that run around in their $75K pick up trucks with mirrors extended all the way out in tow mode and no trailer.

PBR is still a thing? Like having your own chickens?

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
If you are using a five gallon bucket to clean your truck, you are just putting the dirt from the first section back onto the last section you wash. Use a two gallon bucket and change the water & soap often.

duh.

Oh, and yes, YETI is the 'Lacoste/IZOD' of coolers.

Dude. Just use two buckets...

Cheers,

Kennith

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
Rednecks love their zero turns, Yeti coolers and the Outer Banks. The same fucking idiots that run around in their $75K pick up trucks with mirrors extended all the way out in tow mode and no trailer.

PBR is still a thing? Like having your own chickens?

Those ain't rednecks any more than a dentist with a cycling hobby is a biker.

They're often yuppies and college kids playing the part. We've got plenty of them around here running those stupid Lincoln-Log lifts, 22" wheels, cherry bomb duals, and half-ass off-pavement tires. Sometimes they even drop the ass for that "ENC Squat" look; only that's not the look they end up with. Way to bring back ghetto Cadillacs from 1978, ass-hats... Yeti stickers and Salt Life crap all over the damned things.

The rednecks run those steel Colemans quite often... Wait a minute... :rofl:

Cheers,

Kennith