Turn signal

mastercamper

Nov 18, 2006
Erwin TN
03 disco my drivers turn signals are not working. It was intermittent then stopped first front then all together. Bulbs good. I get a clicking sound coming from the dash away from the switch is something in the dash that controls the signals? My side marker lights up when unlocking if that matters.

DiscoTech

Nov 18, 2004
Side of the road....
Have you checked the fuses for the turn signals? I am not sure if they share a fuse with anything else, so that may not be the issue, but I would start with fuses.

NaiveDisco2

Nov 18, 2017
Greenville, SC
I had the same issue, mine would do a sort of ‘double click’ sound and flash the blinker light on the dash once but not activate the turn signals. It ended up being the turn signal relays. They’re in the panel on the drivers side by your knees or just under the steering wheel.

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
It's likely that stalk. The lights stalk is the same.

They go bad over time. It's a relatively simple replace job; just have to pull the steering wheel.

mastercamper

Nov 18, 2006
Erwin TN
It's likely that stalk. The lights stalk is the same.

They go bad over time. It's a relatively simple replace job; just have to pull the steering wheel.

I switched the relay and that wasn't it, so the stalk is that the entire turn signal assembly and how big of a job is it to remove the steering wheel?

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
It's a few screws\bolts (torx IIRC) to remove the air bag, wheel then a big yank to get it loose. A dead blow hammer helps. It's in Rave. I think there's a write up here somewhere.

Takes < 1 hour.

Don't forget to undo both battery cables and let sit for a bit before messing with the airbag.