D2 keyless entry not working, and intermittent wiper issue.

xtracrispy

May 8, 2017
san diego
Hello all, having a problem with my 03 D2 keyless entry. A while back before I acquired it from my dad he had the battery go dead, once the battery was replaced the keyless entry had stopped working.

I've tried the EKA code entry several times(with 1515 and what my scan tool said was the actual code) and I'm not even getting the honk that's supposed to mean the bcm is ready for the code. tried the lock unlock 3 times, many times. Where should I look next to figure out how to fix this?

Also on the topic of electrical gremlins, my intermittent wipers only work at one speed. All wiper functions work except the variable speed(i think its at a slower speed). Is this as simple as the switch? I tried searching and haven't come up with anyone with this exact problem.

Thanks

JohnB

Oct 18, 2007
Oregon
Wiper switch do go bad so I'd start there first.
No idea about the key but I'd take it apart and make sure the contacts for the battery are not broken or damaged.

jafir

May 4, 2011
Northwest Arkansas
What scan tool? You might need to either re-learn or at least re-sync the remote. I've successfully done this with hawkeye and nanocom, but nanocom is much easier. Hawkeye can do it, but it requires reverse engineering the codes a little if you have to re-learn it, or to program a used remote.

JUKE179r

Sep 14, 2016
Suffolkshire, UK
I've got the Foxwell NT510 and couldn't get it to sync my extra key remote fob to my Disco 2. I messaged Foxwell and they told me a future update will fix this. I'm not holding my breath...
On the NT510, I was able to change see the original four digit EKA code and then change it to something I could remember. The NT510 is pretty handy and cheap.