DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > Politics

Politics Political BS

View Poll Results: How much did Russian meddling affect your vote?
My vote was severely impacted by Russian meddling. 5 16.13%
Russian meddling moderately affected my vote. 0 0%
My vote was unswayed by said meddling. 22 70.97%
I am uncertain to what extend my vote was meddled with. 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
[Cue the conspiracy theories about Spade/Bourdain being killed because they tweeted bad about the Clintons, in 5...4...3...2...]
Do you find it a bit odd that it happens so often with the Clinton's it has made it to level of a conspiracy?
2003 KLR 650
Old 06-12-2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coop74 View Post
Do you find it a bit odd that it happens so often with the Clinton's it has made it to level of a conspiracy?
That's funny. When someone cites an actual criminal offense committed by a member of the Trump campaign, we're told it's all just part of the Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Meanwhile, our current President spent a good part of the years running up to his election claiming the then sitting President, Obama, was born in Kenya. Talk about derangement. Oh, and just because some flake makes noise about a crazy conspiracy theory, like Hannity and it claims that the poor Rich kid was assassinated, doesn't the rise to the level of derangement. How about the Presidents lawyer, Guiliani, asserting that Trump could kill Comet and no one would be able to indict him. Talk about derangement.

Should I continue? We can talk about the millions wasted on the multiple Benghazi investigations that resulted in, how many indictments? Oh yeah, none. How about Pizzagate. That asshole Alex Jones pumped that insanity up amongst his listeners that one poor jerk actually stormed Comet Pizza with a gun. He shot the lock of a door he was convinced was concealing children who were being used as part of a pedophile sex ring. Derangement???

I said it in another thread, the right has obsessed over the Clinton's for over 35 years. Either they are the smartest criminal that ever existed or the obsession on the right is just another example of derangement syndrome.
203-770-1699
Old 06-12-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Grant View Post
That's funny. When someone cites an actual criminal offense committed by a member of the Trump campaign, we're told it's all just part of the Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Meanwhile, our current President spent a good part of the years running up to his election claiming the then sitting President, Obama, was born in Kenya. Talk about derangement. Oh, and just because some flake makes noise about a crazy conspiracy theory, like Hannity and it claims that the poor Rich kid was assassinated, doesn't the rise to the level of derangement. How about the Presidents lawyer, Guiliani, asserting that Trump could kill Comet and no one would be able to indict him. Talk about derangement.

Should I continue? We can talk about the millions wasted on the multiple Benghazi investigations that resulted in, how many indictments? Oh yeah, none. How about Pizzagate. That asshole Alex Jones pumped that insanity up amongst his listeners that one poor jerk actually stormed Comet Pizza with a gun. He shot the lock of a door he was convinced was concealing children who were being used as part of a pedophile sex ring. Derangement???

I said it in another thread, the right has obsessed over the Clinton's for over 35 years. Either they are the smartest criminal that ever existed or the obsession on the right is just another example of derangement syndrome.
Funny how things always seem to surface, especially out of office.

The Clintons have more baggage than a 747 outbourd overseas.

How about the Golden Nugget with Bill saying just last weekend:

Bill Clinton: 'Norms have changed' for what you can do to somebody against their will

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/11/polit...ent/index.html

So, it's a conspiracy that Bill Clinton is a rapist? Accuser came forward with vivid details, now this?

And then you have this, again, out of office.

Any pictures of Trump with Louis Farrakhan? How about bomber Bill Ayers? But wait, we have pictures of Trump with Stormy Daniels! Wowzers! Gimme a break Paul. You try to associate every Trump supporter with a conspiracy theorists and you suck and trying to make your case, get over it and realize you're awful at it. Just not working for you.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...-the-beginning

It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.

― Ronald Reagan
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 06-12-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
Funny how things always seem to surface, especially out of office.

The Clintons have more baggage than a 747 outbourd overseas.

Bill Clinton: 'Norms have changed' for what you can do to somebody against their will

And you have this, again, out of office.

Any pictures of Trump with Louis Farrakhan? How about bomber Bill Ayers? But wait, we have pictures of Trump with Stormy Daniels! Wowzers! Gimme a break Paul. You try to associate every Trump supporter with a conspiracy theorists and you suck and trying to make your case, get over it and realize you're awful at it. Just not working for you.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...-the-beginning

It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.

― Ronald Reagan
Brian, take a deep breath and calm down. I seem to have hit a nerve. Now I ?suck?? Got any other schoolyard insults handy???
203-770-1699
Old 06-12-2018, 09:42 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:

Well, Billy-boy was just speaking facts.

Trump bragged about grabbing pussy and was elected. The GOP supported an admitted child molester. Seems "norms have changed."

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:03 PM

Brian’s a little testy tonight. It’s been a long day defending the MAGA idiocracy. I only hope he bookmarked the Snopes website so, in the future, he can avoid embarrassing himself when he try’s to make a point. It just brings back memories of the Dennis Montgomery and how that clown was going to prove, incontrovertibly, that Obama was spying on Trump. Brian just needs to find better sources. Those wing nut sites he’s been spending his time on just keep letting him down. “Release the memo. Lock her up. Build the wall. Spygate.” I could go on...
203-770-1699
Old 06-12-2018, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Well, Billy-boy was just speaking facts.

Trump bragged about grabbing pussy and was elected. The GOP supported an admitted child molester. Seems "norms have changed."
Bragged about and actually conducting the act are two different things. Hint: One is much worse and holds up int he court of law. Oh, you lefties, so much to learn.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 06-12-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Grant View Post
Brian?s a little testy tonight. It?s been a long day defending the MAGA idiocracy. I only hope he bookmarked the Snopes website so, in the future, he can avoid embarrassing himself when he try?s to make a point. It just brings back memories of the Dennis Montgomery and how that clown was going to prove, incontrovertibly, that Obama was spying on Trump. Brian just needs to find better sources. Those wing nut sites he?s been spending his time on just keep letting him down. ?Release the memo. Lock her up. Build the wall. Spygate.? I could go on...
No rebuttal. Just Dennis Montgomery and a great article that Snopes pegged the wrong author? Maybe research Bill Ayers or the Clinton Accusers a bit more. You're pizza shack places don't seem to be turning up much attention around here Paul.

You could dive into Stormy Daniels latest club appearance, she likes to tweet about it I hear.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 06-12-2018, 11:18 PM

Quote:
What's that tell ya about the Dem Platform? Good news, nothing has changed. Bash Trump enough they will win the midterms and President two years later. Worked for Romney... No, wait...

Anyway, I love our chats here. All in good fun, right?

Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 06-12-2018, 11:31 PM

WMD Mueller being, well, Mueller. Guess he didn't expect the Russians to show up...

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/muel...n-trolls-case/

In English, Mueller’s team is suggesting that Concord Management not have access to the evidence being used against them–at least not at first. The special counsel contends that only Concord Management’s attorneys be given access to said evidence and that maybe, at some point in the future, with the court’s permission, two additional legal teams–one provided by the defense; one provided by the government and putatively unaffiliated with the prosecution–might huddle together and come to an agreement that Concord Management actually be afforded an opportunity to view the evidence in question.

In my opinion, Mueller’s posture could easily viewed as a red-tape-heavy method intended to cripple and undermine Concord Management’s defense. In the United States, criminal defendants are entitled–by virtue of an almost sacred right–to view the evidence used against them. This right undergirds the basic foundation of America’s adversarial legal system.

Supreme Court jurisprudence has frequently favored the rights of the accused to know what they’re up against, too. And yes, this even goes for foreign nationals because the U.S. Constitution applies to anyone under the jurisdiction of the United States. Not just citizens and not just people on the landmass.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 06-13-2018, 08:49 AM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
What's that tell ya about the Dem Platform? Good news, nothing has changed. Bash Trump enough they will win the midterms and President two years later. Worked for Romney... No, wait...

Character. On full display.

Nice op-ed BTW.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1920SF View Post
Character. On full display.

Nice op-ed BTW.
I know, Mueller seems to be pulling some shenanigans. The op-ed had some good opinions but here is the actual story if you're interested.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...n-case-against
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 06-13-2018, 09:25 AM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Bragged about and actually conducting the act are two different things. Hint: One is much worse and holds up int he court of law.
Oh, you mean like this?

New York judge rules defamation suit against Trump can move forward

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:30 AM
KN4KFS

Quote:
I know, Mueller seems to be pulling some shenanigans. The op-ed had some good opinions but here is the actual story if you're interested.

How is responding to a court, shenanigans? They are asking permission, not hiding. You know, following that whole "rule of law" thing. Unlike Cheeto-in-chief who thinks he's king and can ignore subpoenas.

Funny how you continue to defend the Russians. America First! (unless its an authoritarian regime...)

(From the link):

According to the court filings, evidence sought by Prigozhin's attorneys include the names of individuals thought to be part of the election interference effort who have yet to be charged by Mueller's team.

?The substance of the government?s evidence identifies uncharged individuals and entities that the government believes are continuing to engage in interference operations like those charged in the present indictment,? the prosecutors wrote.

Prosecutors argue that Prigozhin is not entitled to the disclosures from his lawyers until he personally appears in court.

?As long as Prigozhin chooses not to appear personally in front of this Court, he is not entitled to review any discovery in this case,? they wrote.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 06-13-2018, 09:31 AM
KN4KFS

Quote:

I'm having fun. You're the one who seems to get all butt-hurt.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 06-13-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
defamation? Next...
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 06-13-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
I'm having fun. You're the one who seems to get all butt-hurt.
So am I! I'm not butthurt at all. The News seems to have turned into realty TV. Not Trumps doing, been going on for years now. As I have said, we'll all most likely get egg on our faces, Washington has some DEEP rooted problems. What I can't understand is those that refuse this truth.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 06-13-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
How is responding to a court, shenanigans? They are asking permission, not hiding. You know, following that whole "rule of law" thing. Unlike Cheeto-in-chief who thinks he's king and can ignore subpoenas.
[/I]
Traditionally the defense gets to see all evidence, it's only right to defend your client, think about it. Mueller obviously didn't think this would be an issue, they wouldn't even show to court. I would bet the judge will not grant permission, Mueller should have thought about this first. Obviously Mueller won't show the evidence and will drop the case. This will make National Headlines, wait for it.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 06-13-2018, 09:55 AM
KN4KFS

Quote:
defamation? Next...
Defamation based on the claim that Trump assaulted her (He called her a liar - that's the defamation part). Oh, and she gets to include ALL the other women who have claimed Trump assaulted them.

The decision by Justice Jennifer Schecter of State Supreme Court in Manhattan paved the way for lawyers to seek depositions from several women who accused Mr. Trump of sexual harassment before he was elected and to subpoena Trump campaign records related to his female accusers.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 06-13-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Defamation based on the claim that Trump assaulted her (He called her a liar - that's the defamation part). Oh, and she gets to include ALL the other women who have claimed Trump assaulted them.

The decision by Justice Jennifer Schecter of State Supreme Court in Manhattan paved the way for lawyers to seek depositions from several women who accused Mr. Trump of sexual harassment before he was elected and to subpoena Trump campaign records related to his female accusers.
I'll stand by it next!

Somebody wants to sue Trump because he hurt their feelings. Why not pursue the sexual harassment? No police report? Why? I mean this is weak sauce at best Scott. To top it all off Gloria Allred, again.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 06-13-2018, 10:39 AM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Why not pursue the sexual harassment? No police report?
Pesky statute of limitations.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 06-13-2018, 10:56 AM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:
So am I! I'm not butthurt at all. The News seems to have turned into realty TV. Not Trumps doing, been going on for years now. As I have said, we'll all most likely get egg on our faces, Washington has some DEEP rooted problems. What I can't understand is those that refuse this truth.
You do realize that the guy you are talking about, he's a reality TV personality. That's literally one of his primary claims to fame-for all those years.

What astounds me is you cannot accept any real criticism, the over the top protesting and posturing exudes a lack of confidence in your position.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:58 AM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
Quote:

We've been down this road-I know it's uncomfortable for you but I'll restate it. You can measure Bob Mueller and DJT against each other any day you'd like and you'll get the same results. They are well documented, by actions and words.

Here's another piece in case you haven't read it. Real character:

https://www.wired.com/story/robert-mueller-vietnam/

You are the company you keep.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
You do realize that the guy you are talking about, he's a reality TV personality. That's literally one of his primary claims to fame-for all those years.

What astounds me is you cannot accept any real criticism, the over the top protesting and posturing exudes a lack of confidence in your position.
Late in his career he did realty TV, so what? If that's all you see him for you have on blinders. Not to mention this was a big catalyst that pushed him to president, welcome to 2018, bye bye dark ages.

I accept criticism just fine, just as soon as you admit he's done good things. You can't, that's what astounds me.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 06-13-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
We've been down this road-I know it's uncomfortable for you but I'll restate it. You can measure Bob Mueller and DJT against each other any day you'd like and you'll get the same results. They are well documented, by actions and words.

Here's another piece in case you haven't read it. Real character:

https://www.wired.com/story/robert-mueller-vietnam/

You are the company you keep.
You were saying the same about Comey and the jury is out. Just because you're a Washington lifer doesn't make you squeaky clean. Actually, it could be the contrary. All the Apples are not bad Ray, don't take this personally. Trump isn't an angel either. He's done things that have made me wince. Would you have thought?
Quote:
Brian was right!