jag suv

jim-00-4.6

Sep 30, 2005
Genesee, CO USA
Saw a couple camoed on the highway last week.
4 vehicles with Minnesota mfg plates.
First was evoke with camo over rear trim
Second was full camo, pretty much same shape as evoke.
Third was no camo Jag SUV marked F-track or F-tour or F-something.
Last car was a Jag sedan.
Consecutive plate numbers.
The jag SUV looked exactly like the evoke with different badges.
Small, curvy, chic-cars.
Tres disappoint.

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
F-pace. Not terribly bad-looking, but... what's the purpose?

People want crossovers. The Jag is way nicer than the Evoque and has the option of the 3.0 supercharged V6. I much prefer driving that over the Evoque. I also think it looks much better.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
It fits right between the Range Rover Sport and the Evoque. Its a nice little truck and way better than the Evoque since the the engine points the right direction. I think a Range Rover on that platform is coming soon.

Blueboy

Apr 20, 2004
Back in the USA; Rockwood, PA
Saw it on Grand Touring show. It actually performed very well and looks pretty good.

Of course Clarkson had a Rangie and couldn't say enough good things about it.

Good last episode.

squirt

Nov 13, 2008
Los Angeles
I also saw it on "The Grand Tour", and have seen a few driving around. Seems like a pretty good value compared to similar offerings, though I've always had the impression that Jaguar is one of the worst makes for holding resale value, so I'd probably wait for a used one if I was looking for something like it.

Blueboy

Apr 20, 2004
Back in the USA; Rockwood, PA
It doesn't hold a candle to a Range Rover.

No doubt on that!

The show pinned the Bently (basically a rebadged fancied up Audi), Rangie, and the Jag against each other.

It ended by seeing which one would do the fastest lap around a quarry. The Bently and the Jag did their lap showing off speed, handling, etc.

Clarkson then took the Rangie on a shortcut on his lap through deep water, up a pretty steep grassy hill, basically showing how good it was off-road versus the other 2.

Was very cool ending.