D2 rear bags to coil spring conversion

Aug 25, 2004
Moorestown, NJ
I have some leaking rear air bags on my 2004 D2 and plan to replace them with new coil springs. How do I deal with the resulting dash warning light and deactivating the compressor?
Thanks

Shiftonthefly1

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas
If you leave the ride sensor in place the truck doesn't know the difference. Otherwise it's a quick flash at the dealer or Indy shop to convince your truck it's a coil truck.

gthphotography

Aug 27, 2008
chicago
www.greghanrahan.com
simple conversion, and yes, you can trick the truck.
I did mine, and every now and then the height lamp will go on, but it always turns off.
There are a couple of fuses that you should pull as well after the swap.
And if you find a LR dealer who will fix the computer for you, congrats.
Out here, Howard Orloff Land rover:
1-said that that is impossible
2-the head mechanic had never seen an air bag to coil swap.
3-shop manager proceeded to tell me that computers in general can't be altered after programmed
4-then banned me from ever bringing my truck in after I questioned their abilities to actually work on Land Rovers

Dealers are really hesitant to actually help with this because a new computer that tells the truck you don't have airs is really pricey.

roverguy002

Apr 1, 2017
Norco
Yes they can be swapped out with coil springs. you will need to get into the SLABS ecu after, (using a factory tool like a T4 handheld) and tell it that it's now a coil spring vehicle. Done this job quite a bit.... There are most likely some after market scan tools that might be able to set the vehicle into coil spring mode, but most independent rover shops should have a scan tool that should be able to make that change.. They will most likely charge you an hour @ whatever their hourly door rate is.

JohnnoK

Mar 19, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
4-then banned me from ever bringing my truck in after I questioned their abilities to actually work on Land Rovers.
Personally, I find that redundant in the extreme. After the first 3 points I'd have told them that they were reduced to selling me parts if I couldn't find them anywhere else first.:banghead:
Buy a Nanocom and once you have found your way around with it, take it over to show them what you actually CAN do if you know how to.....:rofl:

gthphotography

Aug 27, 2008
chicago
www.greghanrahan.com
Personally, I find that redundant in the extreme. After the first 3 points I'd have told them that they were reduced to selling me parts if I couldn't find them anywhere else first.:banghead:
Buy a Nanocom and once you have found your way around with it, take it over to show them what you actually CAN do if you know how to.....:rofl:

I'd hate to blow their collective minds

jastutte

Nov 10, 2009
Has anyone successfully used the Foxwell NT510 to reprogram their truck from air suspension to coil?

The NT510 has the option but I can't seem to get it to work on my '04.

Gail

Sep 1, 2008
Washington
We just converted Air Springs to Coil and need to reprogram so I am waiting to see the responses to your request.