04 slabs unit for CDL upgrade

Jeff Blake

May 6, 2016
Pacific Beach, San Diego
I'm not well educated in this matter, but I want to replicate the CDL function on my 2002 to work exactly like an 04. From my understanding, I either cut a certain wire and follow a specific startup procedure, or swap in a 04' slabs unit.

So if thats right and you have one to sell, I'm buyin'

K-rover

Jan 15, 2010
Raleigh, NC
If you cut the wire, you dont need to follow the start up procedure, It will work just like an 04.... assuming your 02 has a locking T case already as Marty stated.

Jeff Blake

May 6, 2016
Pacific Beach, San Diego
I picked up the SLABS from roverlandparts.

I am looking for the 04 linkage as well. Do you have one? I was originally going to buy the Britpart kit DA1178, but its only compatible with the 99-01 transfer cases (41d, 42D). I don't have the nipple, so I am buying an 04 case (68D) that I will rebuild with new bearings and seals (maybe gears). I think the only reason they are not compatible is that the 99-01 case had the diff lock solenoid on the case, whereas the 04 has it on the shifter linkage. It could be a matter of simply adding the solenoid to the 04 case, but I'm not sure.

My understanding is the 04 slabs had superior traction control /cdl handling. If you cut the wire, and don't replace the slabs, you'll lose tc and have reduced abs..? Again, not sure. Whatever, I bought the slabs. Hopefully it isn't an SLS programmed unit... and if it is, I hope my Lynx tool can reprogram it.