URE!14 Uwharrie Rover Expedition! vs14.0

stevenr

Apr 19, 2004
Cleveland, TN
web.mac.com
IT'S HERE... The official registration kick-off for URE!14.

This event will be held in the Uwharrie National Forest in Central North Carolina October 13-15, 2017. We certainly hope that you find all of the information needed in the link below, and that you have the opportunity to come out!

URE!14 Information and Registration

We hope you can join us!

stevenr

Apr 19, 2004
Cleveland, TN
web.mac.com
I the event that you did not get an email from me about registration then:

A: send me an email at oldnorthstate@gmail.com so that I can add you to the mailing list

B: There has been a shit storm brewing out of the National Park service in regards to the camp ground. Below is some info that is necessary to mention in regards to this year's event.

Due to past issues with some groups, The forest service is taking the approach to return to a more strict monitoring of campground rules:

1. Main camping areas are gated off as A, B, and C. Each camp site can accommodate up to 50 people. Camping in the "open areas" is restricted and there is signage where you cannot camp.

2. Alcohol is forbidden in the campground and on National Forest land. The forest service reserves the right to check cups and open coolers if suspect and WILL fine if there is a violation.

3. Fires can only be made in the existing fire pits. There are a total of 6 permanent fire pits in the group camp ground. No "rock ring" pits are allowed. The only exception is an enclosed fire pit that can contain ashes and remain off of the ground.

4. There are a number of trash collection sites within the group camp. Once these are full, you MUST take your trash with you. It is forbidden to leave trash next to a collection site. ONSLRS as the event organizers WILL be fined if trash is left in the open.

Just a few more general items in regards to this year's event:

1. We are highly discouraging people from trailering in their vehicles. A tow rig, trailer, plus an off loaded Land Rover take up a considerable amount of space. We will set aside room for a small number of rigs and trailers. After that all other tow vehicles and trailers MUST be parked off-site from the group camp. Trailers cannot be parked alongside of Forest Service Roads. We recommend the Outpost for trailer parking.

2. Full size RV campers and large travel trailers are not permitted within the Badin Lake Group Camp Ground. Those will have to be set up at one of the RV specific campgrounds like Arrowhead. If this applies to you, then you will need to make your own arrangements with the Forest Service.

3. A registration is per vehicle in the group camp area. You can have up to 4 adults or 2 adults and 4 children per registration.

4. Tents should be set up so as not to restrict parking and should be behind the vehicle away from the road (where applicable).

5. Camping in the group camp is on a first come first served basis. Once available camping space is filled then camper will need to find sites out side of the Group Camp. A tent is needed to "hold" a space.

We apologize for these added stipulations, but due to the growth of the event, the size of the Badin Lake Group Camp where we hold our event, and the restrictions of the forest service, these rules are necessary.

stevenr

Apr 19, 2004
Cleveland, TN
web.mac.com
Finished up the art for the posters. I will now need to simplify it a bit for screen printing.

Question... Did any one here buy the metal signs I did last year? If so, would you be interested if I had this art made into metal signs for this year? I like the metal signs as they do not require a frame to be purchased

Howski

Oct 19, 2009
Alabama
Awesome artwork again. I purchased a metal sign for a friend who was unable to make it last year. The metal signs are great for garages or workshops

seventyfive

Jan 3, 2010
over there
41Hmpps-K7L._SY355_.jpg

jastutte

Nov 10, 2009
yeah. those photos were a lot of fun to look through. i haven't been able to find anything like that here in the Midwest. and i wasn't able to make the safari that FishEh set up a few years back.