1988 Range Rover Classic

Shiftonthefly1

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas
LT230
190K mi
Non ABS brakes
Been in southern California most of its life

I'm putting this up for sale again. Rather than update the old thread I'm making a new one with new pics as the truck and prices have changed a bit.
As it happens my wife wrecked my BMW. 90% sure it's totalled. I now am in need of a daily driver that my wife can also drive and still do a little off roading. I may just go with an LR3. I may be interested in a trade for one of those. It's ok if it needs a little work.

The body/paint aren't perfect but they are decent. No rust. Solid tailgate/hatch. Some component crusty surface rust underneath. Nothing even close to major. 100% solid floors.

Interior is a bit rough but it's all there for the most part. Dash is in good shape. Gauges all work. Only light on is the low washer fluid light. I started refinishing the wood on the doors. I can include the materials I got if you want them.

Goodies:

?Fresh tune up. Kingsborn wires. Cap rotor plugs
?New radiator.
?New fan clutch/fan
?T-stat
?4 Brand new BFG KO2's. 10 ply. 265/75/16
?5 steel wheels
?2" OME HD lift
?Stainless extended brake lines
?Offset steering/track bars
?Set up for dual batteries. 2 brand new Interstate batteries. 5 year warranty
?Fresh fluids
?Mean Green GM style 200 amp alternator.
?Sony stereo
?Headliner is redone
?All windows work. All glass is good but windshield has a small chip. Door locks all work.
?Center console is in pretty decent shape except the indicator ribbon.
No draws or shorts

The bad:
Seats are ripped. Drivers works. Passenger works sometimes. Depending on the phase of the moon.
Missing the carpet except the part under center console. Rear cargo rubber mats are there.
Sometimes wipers work. Sometimes they don't.
Rear cargo panels are missing.
Drivers side cowl is cut for a snorkel that's long gone.
The rear quarters have been cut. I'm assuming for a bumper that's no longer there.

*Optional parts*
RTE rock sliders with tree bars
Front skid plate
Rear skid plate
ARB rear steel bumper
HD stainless steering/track bars w new tie rods
HD steering stablizer and mount. (Much heavier duty than what's on there.)

I have a ton more spares for this truck. Including mechanical and cosmetic parts.

No I don't want to sell any parts until the truck has sold. Afterwards I'll post them up if the don't go with the new buyer.

The truck runs and drives well. It has zero drips on the ground. It starts every time. I use it to go in the desert almost exclusively. That's why I most pics are of it dirty. That's the way it is most of the time. This is not a cream puff Pebble beach truck. It's not priced like one either. It's a driver or a great platform to start a resto.

I plan to list it on eBay if no one from the forums grabs it first.

$4800 as it sits in the pics. $5800 with all the extra off road parts.

Located in Las Vegas. 89166

Pics here
http://s101.photobucket.com/user/shiftonthefly1/library/Mobile Uploads/RRC

WaltNYC

Mar 3, 2010
NYC
Good luck with the sale.

Photobucket as become nearly un-usable. pop-ups, ads, music, videos. You might be better off with a simple google photos account.