rear wiper, seat, clock stopped. Fuse? Something else?

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
This weekend I did a tune-up on my 1993 SWB. New Pertronix distributor, coil, plugs, wires. Set timing advanced 8 degrees. Had a professional Rover mechanic help me with it so I'm pretty certain everything went in and is set correctly.

Drove the truck next day and realized the dash clock was stopped and the rear wiper wasn't working. Driver's seat switch also was not working. I checked the fuses on the dash panel next to the stereo - all are intact. Haven't gone any further than that and don't have access to RAVE where I am so can't look up a fuse diagram.

Is there a cause & effect relationship between new distributor and loss of function on the clock/wiper/seat? Or is there a fuse somewhere else that might be the culprit? Or should I be looking at something completely different?

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Funny you mention that. I just had all the fusible links replaced with a D1 fuse block. I'll go look there.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Well, true to form the rear wiper and clock just started working of their own volition. Maybe re-seating one of the fuses did it when I pulled them out to inspect. Anyway, problem solved but I don't know why or how. Thanks again, Lucas.

Blueboy

Apr 20, 2004
Back in the USA; Rockwood, PA
Sorry didn't see this earlier.

Pretty sure on mine it is the timer relay.

Power is there and it worked fine before.

Now when I push the switch, it lights and then pops back out which it should yet it doesn't stay light.

At least I think this is the problem.

Will look at it when it comes out of hibernation for Spring.