DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > Politics

Politics Political BS

View Poll Results: How much did Russian meddling affect your vote?
My vote was severely impacted by Russian meddling. 5 15.63%
Russian meddling moderately affected my vote. 0 0%
My vote was unswayed by said meddling. 23 71.88%
I am uncertain to what extend my vote was meddled with. 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2018, 07:28 PM

Member Trucks
LMFAO,... the net gets wider because the target was never near the net. Might as well indict a ham sandwich. Probably less fattening than a nothing burger. Keep talking Russian meddling and they just keep laughing. This is getting embarrassing.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:05 PM

Member Trucks
Meddling!!

1996 Disco I 33s, armor, etc (sold, now on 35s, nasty)
1999 Disco II, (now Son #1's, on 35s)
2001 Disco II, chopped & caged, 37s, locked (Molly)
2004 Disco II, (now Son #2's, on 32s)
2008 L322 (DD)
Old 02-20-2018, 08:07 PM

Member Trucks
And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:20 AM
KN4KFS

You really have to ask yourself: Why is Trump allowing Russian cyber attacks to go unabated? Our country is being attacked by another country and the President does nothing? WTF?

NSA chief: Trump 'has not ordered disruption of Russia election meddling'

Adm Mike Rogers, director of the National Security Agency and chief of US Cyber Command, told the Senate armed services committee: “Clearly, what we’ve done hasn’t been enough.”

Asked if he had been granted the authority by Trump to counter Russian cyber-attacks at source, Rogers said: “No, I have not.”

He added: “I need a policy decision that indicates there is specific direction to do that. The president ultimately would make this decision in accordance with a recommendation from the secretary of defense.”

Rogers had a different view, suggesting to lawmakers that the Russians “haven’t paid a price, at least, that has significantly changed their behavior”.

Rogers cited Trump’s decision in January to delay the implementation of new sanctions against Russia that Congress passed on an overwhelmingly bipartisan basis last year.

“I believe that President Putin has clearly come to the conclusion there’s little price to pay here, and that therefore I can continue this activity,” Rogers said.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGaynor View Post
You really have to ask yourself: Why is Trump allowing Russian cyber attacks to go unabated? Our country is being attacked by another country and the President does nothing? WTF?

NSA chief: Trump 'has not ordered disruption of Russia election meddling'

Adm Mike Rogers, director of the National Security Agency and chief of US Cyber Command, told the Senate armed services committee: ?Clearly, what we?ve done hasn?t been enough.?

Asked if he had been granted the authority by Trump to counter Russian cyber-attacks at source, Rogers said: ?No, I have not.?

He added: ?I need a policy decision that indicates there is specific direction to do that. The president ultimately would make this decision in accordance with a recommendation from the secretary of defense.?

Rogers had a different view, suggesting to lawmakers that the Russians ?haven?t paid a price, at least, that has significantly changed their behavior?.

Rogers cited Trump?s decision in January to delay the implementation of new sanctions against Russia that Congress passed on an overwhelmingly bipartisan basis last year.

?I believe that President Putin has clearly come to the conclusion there?s little price to pay here, and that therefore I can continue this activity,? Rogers said.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 02-28-2018, 11:13 AM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian4d View Post
Not sure what you are trying to say there. Are you agreeing with Obama that Russia isn't a big deal? I'm assuming you are because you support Trump without question and he's acting as if it's not a big deal.

Obama was wrong then, and Trump is wrong now.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Not sure what you are trying to say there. Are you agreeing with Obama that Russia isn't a big deal? I'm assuming you are because you support Trump without question and he's acting as if it's not a big deal.

Obama was wrong then, and Trump is wrong now.
No, I'm simply pointing out a major discrepancy and how it could be used in a highly charged volatile political atmosphere. Everyone can draw their own conclusions. My stance is the same, Russia has been doing this since before the cold war, why now? What's different? And as the title of this thread indicates, how did it effect my vote? How did it effect the majority of votes? Seems we may know now.

https://youtu.be/F0XgRbks2M4?t=10
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 02-28-2018, 11:50 AM
KN4KFS

Quote:
No, I'm simply pointing out a major discrepancy and how it could be used in a highly charged volatile political atmosphere. Everyone can draw their own conclusions. My stance is the same, Russia has been doing this since before the cold war, why now? What's different? And as the title of this thread indicates, how did it effect my vote? How did it effect the majority of votes? Seems we may know now.

https://youtu.be/F0XgRbks2M4?t=10
Russia either is/is not a threat. That has nothing to do with "a highly charged volatile political atmosphere."

Russia has been hacking us since before the Cold War...hmmm. OK, if you say so.

But in the end, you agree with Trump: We should do nothing and allow Russia to continue cyber attacks. Got it.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 02-28-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
So you agree.

We should do nothing and allow Russia to continue cyber attacks. Got it.
What about China, Ukraine and North Korea cyber attacks Scott? You want to tackle the problem why don't you actually talk about the problem? Only Russia is bad? Got it.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 02-28-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Russia has been hacking us since before the Cold War...hmmm.
This is how you respond, classic Scott. You know damn well I'm talking about their antics in general.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 02-28-2018, 11:58 AM
KN4KFS

Quote:
What about China, Ukraine and North Korea cyber attacks Scott? You want to tackle the problem why don't you actually talk about the problem? Only Russia is bad? Got it.
Absolutely not. Where did I say ignore them? Stop putting words in my mouth to deflect the point.

However, Trump (and YOU) have actively ignored Russian hacking. Even denying it even occurred. Why did Trump not implement the sanctions against Russia that 90+% of Congress voted for? Why has he not allowed the NSA to deal with Russian hacking?

C'mon Brian - focus. Why is Trump ignoring Russia?

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 02-28-2018, 12:00 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
This is how you respond, classic Scott. You know damn well I'm talking about their antics in general.
Since my post, and the whole thread, was about Russian hacking/cyber attack it's on point.

Or are you just saying we've accepted Russia antics against the US as Ok since before the cold war?

Stop excusing Russia behavior against the US as just OK.

I thought Reagan was your favorite President? He'd be ok with it?

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 02-28-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:

C'mon Brian - focus. Why is Trump ignoring Russia?
Prob the same reason you are ignoring China, The Ukraine and North Korea Scott. You must say you're ingnore now? Your writing speak volumes. 98% Russia Collusion. 2% other countries. It's 98% Russia because it's 100% anti-Trump. Let's be real Scott.
Quote:
Brian was right!

Last edited by brian4d; 02-28-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Since my post, and the whole thread, was about Russian hacking/cyber attack it's on point.

Or are you just saying we've accepted Russia antics against the US as Ok since before the cold war?

Stop excusing Russia behavior against the US as just OK.

I thought Reagan was your favorite President? He'd be ok with it?
When we label the problem as a Global cyber security threat and act on all fronts to tackle the problem I'll be all for it Scott. Can we agree there?
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 02-28-2018, 12:17 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
When we label the problem as a Global cyber security threat and act on all fronts to tackle the problem I'll be all for it Scott. Can we agree there?
So if we, on this board, talk about Russia - you don't care/don't think it's a problem.

But, since you don't want to do anything until the "global" situation is addressed, here ya go:

https://www.armed-services.senate.go...2_05-09-17.pdf

Addressed by Adm Rogers and the Senate Armed Services Committee. In May 2017.

So can we say Russia is bad now?

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 02-28-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:

So can we say Russia is bad now?
No, I really think we should be besties with Russia Scott. The 80's called.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 02-28-2018, 04:40 PM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
By default Cyber is a global problem b/c of the nature of the medium.

That said, not all cyber actors are equal....but I think that's probably beyond the depth of where B is going anyway.

To his point though, let's label it a cyber security issue and work the whole of government-what are we waiting on, don't need consensus there for the Exec Branch to execute.

Odd.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:33 PM

Member Trucks
We need a support group for those who feel meddled with. Show me on the doll where the Russians meddled with you.

1996 Disco I 33s, armor, etc (sold, now on 35s, nasty)
1999 Disco II, (now Son #1's, on 35s)
2001 Disco II, chopped & caged, 37s, locked (Molly)
2004 Disco II, (now Son #2's, on 32s)
2008 L322 (DD)
Old 03-01-2018, 12:16 PM

Member Trucks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trump doll.jpg (120.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 03-05-2018, 11:46 AM
KN4KFS

Mueller is now DIRECTLY targeting Trump about Russia meddling.

Special counsel wants documents on Trump, numerous campaign associates

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 03-05-2018, 02:02 PM
KK4DPX

Member Trucks
This will all be over soon. It's totally wrapping up.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:48 PM
KN4KFS

Trump said this am, "It's Obama's fault."

Why did the Obama Administration start an investigation into the Trump Campaign (with zero proof of wrongdoing) long before the Election in November? Wanted to discredit so Crooked H would win. Unprecedented. Bigger than Watergate! Plus, Obama did NOTHING about Russian meddling.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 03-05-2018, 05:00 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Hmmmm....Looks like this exchange cost Romney the SoS chair. But of course everything Steele reports is false, and Russia has had no "secret backchannels" to the Trump administration.

BTW, the whole article is a good read. Steele first reported to the FBI the FISA-Russia bribery scandal; he's briefed US intelligence heads on Russia. He apparently has solid, high-level sources and has a sense of duty to protect his country and it's allies.

Christopher Steele, the Man Behind the Trump Dossier

One subject that Steele is believed to have discussed with Mueller?s investigators is a memo that he wrote in late November, 2016, after his contract with Fusion had ended. This memo, which did not surface publicly with the others, is shorter than the rest, and is based on one source, described as ?a senior Russian official.? The official said that he was merely relaying talk circulating in the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but what he?d heard was astonishing: people were saying that the Kremlin had intervened to block Trump?s initial choice for Secretary of State, Mitt Romney. (During Romney?s run for the White House in 2012, he was notably hawkish on Russia, calling it the single greatest threat to the U.S.) The memo said that the Kremlin, through unspecified channels, had asked Trump to appoint someone who would be prepared to lift Ukraine-related sanctions, and who would co?perate on security issues of interest to Russia, such as the conflict in Syria. If what the source heard was true, then a foreign power was exercising pivotal influence over U.S. foreign policy?and an incoming President.

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim

Old 03-05-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Hmmmm....Looks like this exchange cost Romney the SoS chair. But of course everything Steele reports is false, and Russia has had no "secret backchannels" to the Trump administration.

BTW, the whole article is a good read. Steele first reported to the FBI the FISA-Russia bribery scandal; he's briefed US intelligence heads on Russia. He apparently has solid, high-level sources and has a sense of duty to protect his country and it's allies.

Christopher Steele, the Man Behind the Trump Dossier

One subject that Steele is believed to have discussed with Mueller?s investigators is a memo that he wrote in late November, 2016, after his contract with Fusion had ended. This memo, which did not surface publicly with the others, is shorter than the rest, and is based on one source, described as ?a senior Russian official.? The official said that he was merely relaying talk circulating in the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but what he?d heard was astonishing: people were saying that the Kremlin had intervened to block Trump?s initial choice for Secretary of State, Mitt Romney. (During Romney?s run for the White House in 2012, he was notably hawkish on Russia, calling it the single greatest threat to the U.S.) The memo said that the Kremlin, through unspecified channels, had asked Trump to appoint someone who would be prepared to lift Ukraine-related sanctions, and who would co?perate on security issues of interest to Russia, such as the conflict in Syria. If what the source heard was true, then a foreign power was exercising pivotal influence over U.S. foreign policy?and an incoming President.
Tin Foil hat much? Take a look at Rex, that's all you gotta do here.
Quote:
Brian was right!
Old 03-05-2018, 06:30 PM
KN4KFS

Quote:
Tin Foil hat much? Take a look at Rex, that's all you gotta do here.
Who already had a cozy relationship with Putin?

When are those sanctions voted for by 90+% of Congress going to be implemented by Comrade Trump?

'03 HSE
Go Hokies! - Ut Prosim