Do you live in a Bubble?

Frobisher

Dec 27, 2012
Pennsylvania

It was Jimmie, not Jimmy. That's a big difference. Branson, on the other hand, should have a both buttons. Curious assortment of questions.

Ballah06

Jan 21, 2007
Savannah, GA
Same here.

I don't often eat at the restaurants listed. if it's a chain, it's Filiberto's (or another Bertos). I don't watch many TV series, and few on the Big 4 stations. I do talk to people all around the world, view many different news and information web sites on a daily basis. I wore uniforms both in mechanical company and computer company. Pick-ups are a way of life since I was a child. But I still get 50.

I bet it's a hipster biased test. Am w you on the above.

Ballah06

Jan 21, 2007
Savannah, GA
Talking sbout those food chain restaurants specified in the test... I would rather get a shotty Subway sandwich than waste $ at any of those places.

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
Talking sbout those food chain restaurants specified in the test... I would rather get a shotty Subway sandwich than waste $ at any of those places.

Nothing in the world beats the outback special and a big bloke Budweiser.

Oh, can't forget the bloom'in onion.

Side salad. No onions, tomatoes, cucumbers. Extra ranch and cheese. Best to bring out the '57 before the steak arrives.

Dang I'm getting hungry.

squirt

Nov 13, 2008
Los Angeles
I scored a 33. I grew up in a single-income blue-collar rented house with 4 siblings. On the other hand, I don't drink and prefer not to eat at chain restaurants, so I guess makes me ignorant to the realities of the world.

Ballah06

Jan 21, 2007
Savannah, GA
Nothing in the world beats the outback special and a big bloke Budweiser.

Oh, can't forget the bloom'in onion.

Side salad. No onions, tomatoes, cucumbers. Extra ranch and cheese. Best to bring out the '57 before the steak arrives.

Dang I'm getting hungry.

I hear you, just haven't been to any of the big chains in years. When we do go out, I want smth different like good oysters, pork belly, etc. quite a few good restaurants in downtown Savannah that have a good variety of those. Some good pub fare at Treylor Park; not your typical food... Just looking for different flavors nowadays I suppose. There is a phenomenal hole in the wall Honduran spot down the street; best damn steak fajitas i have ever had.

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
I scored a 33. I grew up in a single-income blue-collar rented house with 4 siblings. On the other hand, I don't drink and prefer not to eat at chain restaurants, so I guess makes me ignorant to the realities of the world.

Well, you do live in LA.

Joke.

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
I hear you, just haven't been to any of the big chains in years. When we do go out, I want smth different like good oysters, pork belly, etc. quite a few good restaurants in downtown Savannah that have a good variety of those. Some good pub fare at Treylor Park; not your typical food... Just looking for different flavors nowadays I suppose.

I'll admit, I was being a bit sarcastic there. If I have to go to a birthday or something at outback I've had ok'ish Prime Rib there. They have Stella on Tap as well. Savannah does have some great eateries.

Ballah06

Jan 21, 2007
Savannah, GA
I'll admit, I was being a bit sarcastic there. If I have to go to a birthday or something at outback I've had ok'ish Prime Rib there. They have Stella on Tap as well.

When i feel like steak, i just male my own. Surprisingly the local Kroger has some good tenderloins. Local butcher as well. Just cook it in the skillet w butter, salt and pepper. Mmm, medium rare...

brian4d

Dec 3, 2007
High Point, NC
When i feel like steak, i just male my own. Surprisingly the local Kroger has some good tenderloins. Local butcher as well. Just cook it in the skillet w butter, salt and pepper. Mmm, medium rare...

I'll often pick up the whole beef loin when on sale. Real good stuff. Ever tried baking it? Cut open some dinner rolls, pile on a few slices with some horseradish. Extra mmmmm. Oh, and Rare to med rare for the win. Great, especially if you have a lot of family over for the holidays. No vegetarians allowed.

Ballah06

Jan 21, 2007
Savannah, GA
I'll often pick up the whole beef loin when on sale. Real good stuff. Ever tried baking it? Cut open some dinner rolls, pile on a few slices with some horseradish. Extra mmmmm. Oh, and Rare to med rare for the win. Great, especially if you have a lot of family over for the holidays. No vegetarians allowed.

Good suggestion, may have to go that route.. Been picking up some good sausage from the local butcher. Their tenderloins are $7.99 a lb.; hard to beat compared to a chain store. Love their ghost pepper sausages and the mild country ones. Not too fatty and a good amount of spice. Still have about 4 lbs of brisket I smoked this Saturday. Love it on some warm hawaiian rolls w homemade bbq sauce and spicy slaw.

kk88rrc

You've never been to Waffle House. I don't even think their menu has words.... just pictures.

Oh.... 42

Remember this great movie?

images

Ballah06

Jan 21, 2007
Savannah, GA
You've never been to Waffle House. I don't even think their menu has words.... just pictures.

Oh.... 42

Remember this great movie?

images

Oh, been quite a few times. There is one just down the road from us. Not a huge fan of their homefries tho; just taste like grease.

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
I bet it's a hipster biased test. Am w you on the above.

It's a joke "how red is your neck" quiz written by someone who likes big words. It doesn't take anything important into account.

If it is biased, I'd say it's biased against hipsters; since I would imagine living in a bubble isn't a desirable outcome. It's just a fun little quiz, though; nothing clever about it.

Cheers,

Kennith

chris snell

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2005
I found the test pretty insulting and stereotypical. Question about Waffle House and NASCAR, as tough that is what life in rural Middle America revolves around. Not surprising, though, because public broadcasting in 2018 is the domain of urban elitists whose experience in fly-over states is probably limited to a college road trip to Boulder or some place.