The Kooks are Back

Jan 3, 2005
On Kennith's private island
The Bundys are in the same league as the people who released the Pentagon Papers? LOL. That's rich.

Any reader here who thinks that the BLM is seeking revenge for their embarrassing loss at Bundy Ranch in 2014 can compare that imagery with the outrage which possessed Richard Nixon when the NYTimes came out with the Pentagon Papers. Fact ? government always hates dissent against government?s desired policies. Fact ? governments throughout history have been known to punish severely any who dare dissent. Fact ? government always thinks it knows best, and dissent is a tool of ?the enemy?.

And now we?re at the point wherein the analogy of the prosecution of Daniel Ellsberg matches the prosecutorial antics of the government in seeking revenge for our cowboys? victory at Bundy Ranch. Quite some time after the Ellsberg trial had been completed, the infamous ?Oval Office Tapes? surfaced. The relevant tapes are reproduced in Ellsberg?s book, and they are not pretty to contemplate. Nixon, for one thing, had a ?potty-mouth?. His sessions with Kissinger were marked with profanity, some too horrendous to reprint here. He wanted Ellsberg badly, and was wildly upset that the FBI could not find Ellsberg. But during some of the tapes Nixon set himself up to finally be Ellsberg?s liberator. He literally ordered Howard Hunt to organize the burglary of Daniel Ellsberg?s psychiatrist?s office, a fact which, as truth so often does, came out in court. He had the CIA organize a hit squad to come from Miami to Washington to physically teach Ellsberg a punishing lesson. And that crew of CIA ?assets?, those thugs for hire, got reassigned to burglarize the Watergate Hotel where the DNC headquarters was housed. Nixon also ordered the illegal wiretapping of various people inside government positions in his effort to locate Ellsberg and also to try to learn if Ellsberg was holding any further damaging top-secret information which might come out later.

Not necessarily associated with Nixon?s drive, other elements of government decided to destroy or ?lose? papers which the court wanted in Ellsberg?s trial.

Each of those crimes were documented in their planning stage once Nixon?s Oval Office tapes went ?public?. But the release of the Oval Office tapes was much later than the trial, which was where these presidential crimes were first discovered.

Here is the now-famous statement by the Honorable Judge William Matthew Byrne Jr.

Case Dismissed: Judge Matthew Byrne?s Ruling in the Trial of Daniel Ellsberg and Anthony Russo (May 11, 1973)

Here are the reasons Judge Byrne dismissed the case with prejudice. The government had lost or destroyed relevant papers.

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
Sure. If the government doesn't play by the rules, it should be held to account. But that doesn't mean:

a) Bundy is innocent and did nothing wrong
b) Bundy is standing up for the rights of all of us (which is what this guy is trying to connect to - the Pentagon Papers. There are lots of cases where defendants are released for the same reasons. Edit: One of the most egregious was the case of Ted Stevens.).

Let's just look at what the Pentagon Papers case was: a person leaking key documents about the Vietnam War that showed how the government had been lying about the progress of that war. Said leakers sought no compensation or renumeration for that.

Now, Bundy. I want to graze for free on public land. For my benefit, not the overall benefit of the people of the US.

See the difference? One is altruistic, the other self-serving.

No, of course you don't.

You think a bunch or Mormon ranchers who sit around and come to the conclusion that the Book of Mormon tells that that their interpretation of the Constitution is a holy endeavor and that they are bound by their religion to stand up for that interpretation...and not pay grazing fees...is just fine.

Jan 3, 2005
Or, maybe it’s the government who wants something for nothing (mineral rights). Or maybe it’s Harry Reid and his family who want something for nothing. You choose, Scott. Bottomline, Bundy’s are going free.

Scott meet Crow.

emmodg

Apr 17, 2006
Daniel - Dude you have GOT to get this book!

I figure it just has to be THE authoritative biography on your hero. The author gained incredible insight into his larger-than-life subject through sit downs and interviews. The two became close friends and confidants leading Bundy to open up and tell his often mis-understood story of persecution. You might ask -"Where and how was Stickler able to gain the confidence and admiration of a great American like Bundy?" Simple - Stickler was serving time in the same jail as Bundy for a federal tax fraud charge. (Two birds of a feather....)

https://clivenbundy.net

Jan 3, 2005
Wooten wrote that supervisory agents with the bureau repeatedly mocked the defendants in an "amateurish carnival atmosphere'' that resembled something out of middle school, displayed "clear prejudice'' against the Bundys, their supporters and Mormons

Was this guy talking about JB?

chris snell

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2005
Who to trust? The agent who used his position to get tickets to Burning Man and bullied whistleblowers, or the well-reviewed agent who served as an USMC Infantry officer for ten years?

I have no opinion on the Bunkerville case but I don't think it looks good for the prosecution right now.

If this does get declared a mistrial, I wonder if the government will take it to trial again...

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
Who to trust? The agent who used his position to get tickets to Burning Man and bullied whistleblowers, or the well-reviewed agent who served as an USMC Infantry officer for ten years?

I have no opinion on the Bunkerville case but I don't think it looks good for the prosecution right now.

If this does get declared a mistrial, I wonder if the government will take it to trial again...

Bingo - you don't say fuck you to The Federal Government and get away with it. Never.

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
Well, that's that. :)

No, it's not. Judge hasn't dismissed the charges (although that could happen), and has scheduled a new trial date.

Sounds like the prosecution stepped on its own dick.

Bundys (still) want to claim self-defense. As if the presence of LEOs with guns allows them to rally the kooks and take up arms.