Jaguar I-Pace SVR 1.8-sec 0-60

ERover82

Nov 26, 2011
Darien Gap
Last edited:

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
I've seen one of the prototypes in person. I'm pretty excited to see them at the dealership. I think it will have a lot of interior space which Jags really lack in the rear seats.

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
1.8 seconds... Maybe with AWD, torque-biasing differentials, and vehicle-specific custom rubber.

Honestly, I don't want a car that fast. On the road, any quicker than 6.5 to 60 just prevents you from legally using the throttle enough to have fun. I suppose if you just plain like numbers it's fine, but it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow, in my opinion.

I'd not criticize someone for buying something I don't understand, though. It's their money, but I'd rather have a 124 Abarth. I'll buy another Jag when they bring back a grand tourer. They don't have anything that gets me excited at this time.

Cheers,

Kennith

jim-00-4.6

Sep 30, 2005
Genesee, CO USA
I'll buy another Jag when they bring back a grand tourer. They don't have anything that gets me excited at this time.

Cheers,

Kennith
X
J
L

And not even the hyper-double-extra-super-turbo-charged model, either.
How is that NOT a touring car?

I fell in love with the XJ Series 3 way back a long time ago when I worked at a Jag dealer.
Got to drive the owner's XJ12 a couple times.

Other than the short stretch when they went to the rectangular headlights (ford?), I've loved that car.
The brits know how to do elegant.

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
Yeah, that's damn sexy.
2016-jaguar-xj-first-drive-review-car-and-driver-photo-664496-s-original.jpg

But, when I hit the Powerball, it'll be an Aston Martin.

Although, pre-owned might not be a bad option...
Aston-Martin-Sexy-Ad-Fake.jpg

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
X
J
L

And not even the hyper-double-extra-super-turbo-charged model, either.
How is that NOT a touring car?

I fell in love with the XJ Series 3 way back a long time ago when I worked at a Jag dealer.
Got to drive the owner's XJ12 a couple times.

Other than the short stretch when they went to the rectangular headlights (ford?), I've loved that car.

I'm talking about two-door, long hood, short trunk, cab rearward; like the XK. A car meant for long sweeping roads and a bit of brash noise-making every now and again. The sort of vehicle that makes a forested back road damned near a religious experience in autumn.

Right now, my favorite such body style is the AMG GT. That's the sort of thing I want out of Jag again. Hell, it's got Jaguar written all over it.

When they released the F-Type, I was quite disappointed. I'm not sure I'd want to buy a large sedan any time soon. Maybe I'd be more interested in a few years.

Honestly, I like my XJS just fine. I'm going to sell it, but I'll pick up another at some point. I just don't like the fact that it's a convertible, and it's good money toward something else.

It's fun sometimes, but I'm not really a convertible guy, in the end. I did try, but I just don't like the everyday experience. Not in a "normal" car, anyway. I certainly don't like a moving top for which nobody makes seals anymore. Had to go straight antique and extend them with felt pucks.

Cheers,

Kennith

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
Hell, it's got Jaguar written all over it.

That's not a good thing for Jaguar. They need to get away from the stereotype that their cars are for old people in Florida. Jag actually has to try to be competitive, unlike Land Rover, which basically has no competition.

A Range Rover is basically like an iPhone. There might be something better out there, but it still isn't a Range Rover. And as Apple says, "If you don't have an iPhone, well, you don't have an iPhone."

jim-00-4.6

Sep 30, 2005
Genesee, CO USA
I'm talking about two-door, long hood, short trunk, cab rearward; like the XK. A car meant for long sweeping roads and a bit of brash noise-making every now and again. The sort of vehicle that makes a forested back road damned near a religious experience in autumn.
In my personal wordspace, the closest I can get to that is "roadster".
Aston Martin is here.
Those cheeky Italians, too, with their ponies and tridents.

Touring, to me, is a sedan.
A really fucking nice sedan.
Like an XJL.
Or an S500.
Maybach 62.
Bentley Flying Spur, or Mulsanne.
Rolls Royce Phantom or Ghost.
(in order of price, from "a lot" to "gtfo!") hahahhaha

touring, as in "cruising".
not "zipping" or "flying".
chillin.

kennith

Apr 22, 2004
North Carolina
In my personal wordspace, the closest I can get to that is "roadster".
Aston Martin is here.
Those cheeky Italians, too, with their ponies and tridents.

Touring, to me, is a sedan.
A really fucking nice sedan.
Like an XJL.
Or an S500.
Maybach 62.
Bentley Flying Spur, or Mulsanne.
Rolls Royce Phantom or Ghost.
(in order of price, from "a lot" to "gtfo!") hahahhaha

touring, as in "cruising".
not "zipping" or "flying".
chillin.

A GT car is a streamlined two-door coupe or convertible, and almost always front engine; with just a touch of style over substance and good (or adjustible) ride quality at the expense of absolute limit precision.

It's a traditional title going back to the dawn of the European road trip. A sedan cannot be a GT car.

Some sedans may have reached the performance level, but it's not the same. Take the essence of a performance automobile, soften it up a for long distance drives, and you're done. Any more than that, and you take away a bit from the experience.

The XJS and it's "sister car" the DB7 are prime examples, as is the Porsche 928, and other things of that nature.

Despite the visual similarity, cars such as the Viper and Corvette don't fall into the category, given their lack of ride comfort and exceptional grip at the limit. A GT should break free progressively and smoothly, and sweep through corners rather than carving them.

Cheers,

Kennith