DiscoWeb Message Boards

Go Back   DiscoWeb Message Boards > DiscoWeb Non-Technical Boards > Politics

Politics Political BS

Old 06-22-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Chapman View Post
We all know you take it in the ass, Paul. It's the talk of the community. No need to try and convert me. It won't work.
Is the community that you speak of the school yard you long for? I can't help but feel like I'm arguing with a twelve year old when I deal with you.

Take it up the ass. How old are you??? I'm amazed you don't realize how much you're revealing about your own insecurities in the way you argue your points'
203-770-1699
Old 06-24-2018, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Grant View Post
KNOWINGLY sell a firearm to a felon. That's quite a qualifier. Curious, aside from the ad hominem, what are the safeguards to protect you from selling to a felon who doesn't acknowledge his status? I am fully aware that you could go to jail if you were to sell to a felon but if you didn't know, you didn't know. What are the safeguards at these shows that prevent a felon from buying from you?

Honestly, explain, in detail how the "gun show loop-hole" isn't an actual problem? If in fact, your claim that a significant majority of those who sell guns at gunshots were in fact licensed dealers were true, that still wouldn't close the loop-hole. I mean first I have to take on your word that the "significant majority" of people selling guns at theses shows are in fact individuals selling with a Federal Firearm License. Unfortunately, given how consistently off base just about all your claims have been I'd love to see some proof of this particular claim. Where can I find documentation that the significant majority of people who sell at gunshots are actually Licensed Federal Firearm dealers? Not trying to be a dick, I just want some evidence because most of your claims wear thin pretty quickly.

Now, even if a "significant majority" were licensed and conduct background checks that still leaves a minority who aren't FFL certified and who do not perform background checks. I wonder how many gun shows there are a year. In that number of shows I wonder what the percentage of non FFL vendors is. On top of that I wonder how many of those non FFL vendors sell firearms without any background check. Finally, I wonder how many people, knowing full well that they can't walk into a gun shop and buy a gun because of an issue in the background, seek out people at shows like this so they can buy a gun with little or no questions asked. I'm sure it's a lot of shows, a lot of opportunity to circumvent the law. That's why it's called a loop-hole.
If you're going to complain about that "loophole", you may as well call scalping tickets on Craigslist a loophole in sports regulation. That's idiotic, obviously.

Gun shows commonly have a Sheriff's representative on-site to conduct background checks for those who haven't already passed in situations where a purchase permit is required, as well as law enforcement in plain clothes patrolling every stall there. You don't get a stall unless you're licensed to sell.

If the guy's not there to perform the checks, and you don't have a purchase permit (if required), you don't get a firearm. If no purchase permit is required, or you already have received one after a check, the seller will, as usual, perform the Federal check before the transaction.

This is one of the absolute stupidest possible environments to attempt an illegal sale, even as an attendee. They're heavily policed.

Most of the people griping about this stuff have never even attended a gun show, and those that did were entirely oblivious to what was happening around them.

If a hand-full of rednecks get together to swap rifles by a river, that's got shit-all to do with a gun show.

Cheers,

Kennith

Dan Chapman is a coward. I own a magical island.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:00 AM

Member Trucks
I always bought my guns from Georgia gun shows. No background check whatsoever.
I get questioned about my religion before the purchase (I assume due to being brown skinned and having a beard). When I show my retired military ID and the money, I can then purchase any weapon I want. None of my information is written down or verified by anybody. I walk out the door with weapon in hand, so to say.
1998 LR Discovery SE7 (RHD) - Sold
1967 Jaguar 420 (RHD) - Sold
Old 06-24-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUKE179r View Post
I always bought my guns from Georgia gun shows. No background check whatsoever.
I get questioned about my religion before the purchase (I assume due to being brown skinned and having a beard). When I show my retired military ID and the money, I can then purchase any weapon I want. None of my information is written down or verified by anybody. I walk out the door with weapon in hand, so to say.
You're telling half of one side of a story regarding a specific location.

Don't confuse a Georgia swap meet with what people are pointing at, here.

We're dealing with a brilliant marketing campaign being spread among the populous that feeds on isolated information scraps.

Cheers,

Kennith

Dan Chapman is a coward. I own a magical island.