Suckers: Your Bucket Is Ready

jymmiejamz

Dec 5, 2004
Los Angeles, Ca
I just grabbed one from my wife's shopping bag, but I think she has a few sizes. I make a somewhat conscious effort to reduce waste, but I don't go overboard.

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
What makes the Cook Partner stove significantly better than the Snow Peak stove? It puts out fewer BTUs and doesn't have legs, which means if you are using a standard camp table you are stuck leaning over to cook. I guess you don't get to hang an overland chic propane tank off the back of your truck with the Snow Peak stove, and it probably doesn't look as at home in the drawer system of your FJ Cruiser.

Have you put them side by side? If you have, you'd see right away that that build quality is like comparing a uni-body to body on frame. It's night/day. I'm not just saying that to say it either. The quality isn't even remotely the same nor is the intended use of these two stoves. Stamped aluminum vs. heavy gauge welded aluminum. One is meant to cook petite filet mignons in a "secluded" camp ground on the tail gate of a P38 that someone dumped $20K in and whom starts wearing scarves in August. The Partners were designed by and for rafting guides out west to be tossed around and abused to make elk chili and T-bones. Comparing the insignificant difference in BTUs is like saying the Range Rover Sport has 500 bhp and 20" rims and your Jeep Rubicon only puts out 300 bhp on 18"s - thus more HP is better off road. It's a horrible analogy and comparison.

Do you really think that these people care if their green tea water gets heated up 30 seconds faster on a SnowPeak? The Partner stoves are overbuilt and are designed to last a lifetime regardless of how they are treated. The SnowPeak stoves are fragile in comparison, but like I said - they are designed for a totally different purpose. Car camping vs. river guide adventures. If you want a stove stand/table, you can buy them for sale as well. Check out there coffee pots too. Comparing their products to SnowPeak is like comparing a post op tranny to Jack Burton (Big Trouble in Little China in case you need to be reminded). I've never used mine on a river, but I knew that it would get used all over the country and in sub-par conditions in the back of a truck. From the deserts of CA to Newfoundland/Labrador.

PS: And their customer service is calling them, the phone ringing a few times and a dude picking up the phone in Idaho and shipping out what I need that day. I only needed some replacement O rings after 8-9 years, but still nice to support individuals that actually make these quality products and not some company that charges $1,300 for 3 season tents, $40 buckets and $500 for a down vest. It's beyond obnoxious.

Here's one from Camp Chef for $230 with 20K burners if that's what you need. How again is the SnowPeak justifying $400 for their stamped alum/steel stoves? https://www.campchef.com/camp-stove...chef-mountaineer-2-burner-aluminum-stove.html They aren't. It's gear for glamping for the gluten free crowd.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2005
On Kennith's private island
Come on man, a straw? If you need a straw to drink fluid let alone a titanium straw are you really concerned with overflowing land fills or littering?

If you are truly concerned with the reduction of waste the first order of business is assessing your habits and eliminating unnecessary items. For example, drinking implements. Take your own containers to the co-op for the bulk food instead of using the minimally recyclable bags etc.

Those straws are the only way to go when enjoying a peach milkshake. And your vacuum sealed mug keep it frozen.

Jan 3, 2005
Have you put them side by side? If you have, you'd see right away that that build quality is like comparing a uni-body to body on frame. It's night/day. I'm not just saying that to say it either. The quality isn't even remotely the same nor is the intended use of these two stoves. Stamped aluminum vs. heavy gauge welded aluminum. One is meant to cook petite filet mignons in a "secluded" camp ground on the tail gate of a P38 that someone dumped $20K in and whom starts wearing scarves in August. The Partners were designed by and for rafting guides out west to be tossed around and abused to make elk chili and T-bones. Comparing the insignificant difference in BTUs is like saying the Range Rover Sport has 500 bhp and 20" rims and your Jeep Rubicon only puts out 300 bhp on 18"s - thus more HP is better off road. It's a horrible analogy and comparison.

Do you really think that these people care if their green tea water gets heated up 30 seconds faster on a SnowPeak? The Partner stoves are overbuilt and are designed to last a lifetime regardless of how they are treated. The SnowPeak stoves are fragile in comparison, but like I said - they are designed for a totally different purpose. Car camping vs. river guide adventures. If you want a stove stand/table, you can buy them for sale as well. Check out there coffee pots too. Comparing their products to SnowPeak is like comparing a post op tranny to Jack Burton (Big Trouble in Little China in case you need to be reminded). I've never used mine on a river, but I knew that it would get used all over the country and in sub-par conditions in the back of a truck. From the deserts of CA to Newfoundland/Labrador.

Or, you could just build a camp fire and only carry a grill grate on your demolition derby water raft camping trip. Problem solved for $9.99 at Lowe's.

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
Those straws are the only way to go when enjoying a peach milkshake. And your vacuum sealed mug keep it frozen.

Wouldn't your lips stick to the cold metal?

Flick-with-stuck-tongue-animated-gif-a-christmas-story-40073834-500-282.gif

Jan 3, 2005
I use these on my Snow Peak stove in the food truck. 1lb tanks and they last weeks. I can also use the same propane tank with my propane torch head to start camp fires and in some cases heat stuck bolts, etc. during a break down. I can also buy more at any gas station if needed. Not only is the stove smaller and take up less space, but so does the fuel.

I'm not saying the Snow Peak stove is better than other stoves on the market. The Coleman stove is a tried and true camping staple. The true benefit of the Snow Peak stove is the IGT features. Just like your bigger-is-better Partner stove, you can just drop the tailgate and get cooking with the Snow Peak or Coleman stoves. There is nothing you can't do with a Coleman or Snow Peak stove that you can do with a Partner stove. However, with the Snow Peak stove, you can use the IGT set-up and have a much more convenient, cleaner, work station that takes up minimal space in your car or camper. Then you can use the same IGT table to eat your meal on. The pieces of the IGT set-up are small enough to stow in a Pelican case, and they're small enough to submerge in a soapy bath to keep things clean and sanitary. Nothing like preparing some fish, seafood, or fresh red meat on a surface that cannot be properly cleaned.

No way your Partner stove is as versatile as the Snow Peak IGT set-up. Sorry, it's just not. Perhaps you pay just a little more for the convenience, versatility, portability, and flexibility, but it is worth it. If all you're cooking is some beanie-weenies or pan fried hamburgers (yum) on your 14 day elite expeditions to the back country of Uwharrie, NC, cool. But if you want a little more refinement, I don't know of a better option than the IGT platform.

3SnqZys3O9kdozfZAeAyN-ND5X5INGSDQqMSIWjzqgy6WmIk0S48uru6wCyp6IB9t5qqymThaleyU6E0sanfngqPSHtTaaezZKUBkrsHtoI7KARnYTy23kysYQMb8osCyHowNDXMiuCkQLG6BIAUNC1l9Cpydtt1H-qAJcOwbkYxUEkKgNNMfUZHJArldKv1nLyXxFKgcPS4zhwj2pymEfb_jylsvTeT9Dzvs52Puz_eaUAco99yH2fIzXYclDVTQzQx-xRHuZswDdPW6qhArLqFsEK3g8Up4L1WDvDonGpi5Vr7V0RGCUwhljDd-sU0xN3nR9uI4QouIN79Ouekx7kzp6tYJFhpjStR4brf4rpv49eAFSBPP9rlDemBQMZEseAXOU2EWeJ-hGm_mEIpJ-Jz-UAWrwYgSRDV8n0h1truqV5SK1Cwz31B6ydX3pMn-9sgkfbGn-JSxvh501Ukzrt0VU-RPpt7C-D8-G7tLWAzugWf9VI2eOMTPWS9pOvzi4WOdpytuWHQZc0fOqG8CWQLGyW8WaTdY0gcTfmYTyWAlfroBHMtsWvHLEqUReNaHBzFWnDtR8JdHgWEwOnlQNPzF0Ms7WYOC4KMH7L_iQ=w720-h540-no

WRab_ZmVmScmMQiFNWj-aJD7_9sUqdXEgAJl3M0AHznlV49gXH9gFyOPDi8VwNNN323UtFNOUCzbb7IwZs3rCfd8ZPCpoOhnB0jzVZk3ZK06CJ1w53JQz8UI4KkgWoGfu68co7z3ZhbfpjzoiZR7_74VWW1mm7nue5AIrtXJd9EEAwxUJlJAhfGBnBEni5vr-FzFBX-EbVQuP-7z1o8VnNtDVWrXI0E7Sfkqs7F8jiStfGsAIgOWrR3hKGOP83D7jBeJhuykHGvBvB7JV0vL6gSxyVEcJmcaGGG5kaUqdboAHxvAmt8iZUmySsY5cBmjwvY8hwl7lY7vS4EZ7TUaoYX-AjlTT7-Xw0YQ1gEjvFKL1q9WsfV1q5CrMeeRfHvsRH4b2yIVlrg6eduuPkuhKLhVqxTVda31YbgCo12HzILKYgIAS6FE2mPFfFefRnGZhzHMrs4o1rjLmyTrOHahnu8_2HgILdkxmYpsfrv9csztbutd00XVOfxw0gERHpIUjKIaNZCuNYdw-Z_6bxLbAMbKtQoYfIYJteaByn2zoWrS40oFr_XDpJqv8IMU6iQz_rvLMUFsu62aVrBSYr4XUxhQWp04seKrxY89OzQr2Q=w604-h339-no

U1LGaIiZNusAJkPIrwmX6GhVtYhPg8R2FEBdQ3DimcMO-KBp712cBSQciLH196qkRUS8SvSay4v0dC3FVStfROKSryUto_jTGFEPjc01zazTYh6e9wi1Sj6l3IHX55UyPuPDtuRwFTHYj-KQzhn9PTXGnTiEwQoZyzXLXE2Lza_82jrds2exIhZ1ZQv1QQJFk9-V3saCxZj31QX153tJBLcDhe2g1T1AU0QI6kZhzf5SF4e_pRlGkJa-E-VxaR6pF4b4QZIpbEWHCXw2cYHF8Y7syUhfJc49NiKdQ-Rmkn0rDs3frLh-gzABY_nqxntTT_EZTENQM9bXdtiO4DE6ixiiqbnFqNlIxS4JJV02ZiC79uqD-faraLD0FcQ7biVWEg0BbM6WckR00L8crQdHSWThkhfZ6NIUZ71LC8GXyxfVK6zTQv5uW3eXkWJn5pgl-V4EqfCqKxT42nCPpuNWtC1GqskKO8kbDLwnNOeR53ulY0NdymGRbRAOi3fntr3HBkI2Tz6wcGGcX_JRUZk9G1rF8n2nQrjVUNTdMZkYZYYP5yWTlKNQx9VF1h51GK6Phw_imyj8kWrF1lU5Ijks0s7bv2fxUir91i-dwQjaZA=w600-h432-no

RGeSAj6zTriT6wz-5M0Fqh00qxUDojuExpg-QHZP-Alh2DdyaUlOskd5ebmYOGoKqtWUuLGTcr8GrclEsb18q7GWO_nmt1Gyq5dVQh_B-JxbAcyJg9TJSFCOeMNNQUEBoUdUUbidmg08k1c1s9EWtYGvwEHzgUeuAONXHnw0T1mgntSFcO29R_pkiKiUzdn6MFGalDtfRBya0nlC6jV67OirYPAKKK8FrwEJoRL4mxqhEtdzX22WZpm7pzCrSqwsWoSo5N59r9F9L6Qzhi-LfcMnfKfRC4sZqDfs2WaT4MOylzMI6pbBEqoJ1qxp0y50xwThIuhqnFidaTkd5Gor6_RYFgUIvdDHZGNdy3t6npxh-dYQNxCUclNFKKsEnYSzYwEVictwMsNk7zZ3u5S6nyQJijZOzY68sLadMBu8CE2pIZ2ORvIxTerfZqZvqhH_Y8-5M9Uix6rmnoXoJy7Zi77ND-o4NXqQrRcQv4tNwda8mMJwOepJPmCQXr4FLDJhAbwAP3A38UH6YLmwfKtJ-c9EakpEgpBPXsc44IJ2jliEfZLNEBVgbwaiahHRIEj0nc6B_2XBEaHCCdkEwL9ITJZIesHcusuGKeE_0R6YNw=w537-h720-no

SGaynor

Dec 6, 2006
Bristol, TN
Why would I use anything bigger? So I can deal with the Fire Marshall, apply for additional permits, and expect additional inspections? A $3 tank lasts weeks and works just fine.

Is this your food truck?
75fd20e6-e3ed-4291-9896-837a1ab3994b_1.02ff9141987bffb6280a0e596384716f.jpeg

Because I can't see how running a fryer, a flat top and/or a grill for a commercial food truck would possibly run off of 1lb tanks. I mean why does nearly every one have a 100lb tank?

Jan 3, 2005
Is this your food truck?
75fd20e6-e3ed-4291-9896-837a1ab3994b_1.02ff9141987bffb6280a0e596384716f.jpeg

Because I can't see how running a fryer, a flat top and/or a grill for a commercial food truck would possibly run off of 1lb tanks. I mean why does nearly every one have a 100lb tank?

Probably because I don't serve the shit you get from every other XYZ fried food food truck.

Keep trying to act like you know what's going on here. You don't.

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
The Partners are not bigger, in fact the Partner is smaller. They are just far better made than the SnowPeaks. That's undeniable if you've used both - which I have. The SnowPeak might be more refined (think prettier), but I don't care about that. I can drop the tailgate and be cooking just as quick as any other stove setup and yes I use the smaller bottles too when it's just me or a few people for a night or two. I connect the hose on both ends and I'm done. What else is there to do? Really nothing you are stating that can't be done with any of the decent stoves on the market. My Partner goes into a Pelican with all the "kitchen" stuff. Everything comes apart easily and cleans up easy too. I can get all kinds of accessories too - tables, stand, etc. Big deal. All the decent stoves do what the SnowPeak and Partner stoves do, SnowPeak just sells it for a hefty premium for a stamped alum/steel stove.

Like I said though, I have a hard time buying from a company that advertises itself as high end glamping gear to the lactose and gluten intolerant crowd - $1,300 REI grade tents, $35 coffee cups and the such make them a fine choice for those wanting to look the part, but it's overpriced average gear. No different than Aether motorcycle gear. Nice looking stuff, but overpriced compared to better options like Klim, etc. If you look at the Aether website and SnowPeak you can clearly see they are marketing to the same people. Metrosexual hipsters.

Maybe it's time to get one of their made in China unisex printed military jackets for $500. You don't see the humor in this? If they are selling junk like that, you don't think they are doing it elsewhere along their product line? You ain't that stupid. Oh wait - maybe a $440 poncho!!! LOL https://snowpeak.com/collections/outerwear-1/products/printed_over_poncho?variant=48311400271 Please, please, please tell me about their awesome sauce poncho and other brilliantly designed products. I know John Lee approves.

Carry on.

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
What a pretty sun dress
JK-17AU111_NV_switch1_1024x1024.jpg

$10 says he has those $40 chop sticks in the pocket of that $440 SnowPeak sun dress. I spent 5 minutes looking through the SnowPeak site. It's hilarious. Seriously - people must be buying this crap. Does EE sell sun dresses now?

Guess what they sell on the Partner Steel stove site? Stoves. No apparel, no $100 lights, no chop sticks and no man purses. Just stoves and cooking gear.

Jan 3, 2005
The Partners are not bigger, in fact the Partner is smaller. They are just far better made than the SnowPeaks. That's undeniable if you've used both - which I have.

So what broke on your Snow Peak stove that makes the build quality of a Partner "far better"? Anything? Did you do the Pepsi Challenge 40 story roof top building drop torture test to come up with this laughable desperate opinion?

I call a huge Steve Young bullshit story on your use of the Snow Peak stove. I don't think you've ever, never in your life, used one. Not once. If you had, you would know the stove is not made of aluminum as you've stated several times in this thread. You would also know there is no steel on the stove (except for the chrome plated legs). You've stated several times the Snow Peak stove is made of aluminum/steel. It's not. It's made of stainless steel. That's why the Snow Peak stove is so easy to clean. That's why commercial kitchens are made of stainless steel as well - because it's easy to clean. It's sanitary. And when it does get dingy, just hit the surface with a little Bar Keepers Friend and the stove looks brand new again. That shiny finish does not come from a aluminum/steel construction. Had you had ever used a Snow Peak stove you would notice this right away the first time you saw it.

I can get all kinds of accessories too - tables, stand, etc. Big deal. All the decent stoves do what the SnowPeak and Partner stoves do, SnowPeak just sells it for a hefty premium for a stamped alum/steel stove.

Comparing the Partner accessories to the Snow Peak IGT set-up if laughable as well. Are you even fucking serious? How does the Partner stove stand even compare? Look at this pile of shit.

STOVE_STAND_WINDSCREEN_L1.jpg

That pile of shit is "just as good" as the IGT?!

Snowpeak%20-%20Slide%20Extension%20Long_zpsyy9ky7v6.jpeg

Like I said though, I have a hard time buying from a company that advertises itself as high end glamping gear to the lactose and gluten intolerant crowd - $1,300 REI grade tents, $35 coffee cups and the such make them a fine choice for those wanting to look the part, but it's overpriced average gear.

Then don't buy it. I'm not going to buy a $1,300 tent, either. I don't care if Jesus made the thing. I'll go on to say that I would not even buy a $200 tent. But just because The North Face makes a $5,500 tent does not mean I'm not going to buy their $20 gloves.

And he's another thing. Back Country is still running the same "sale" they were running 10 years ago when I bought my Snow Peak stove. $270. That's $25 less than a Partner stove and it does the same thing, only with more flexibility. Unless you're dropping it from atop the empire state building I suppose.

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
Yes I used SnowPeak stoves on several occasions at the Vermont Rally. My friends Clint and Zach each own them. Yes the Partner quality is better - you don't have to look very hard to tell that stamped STEEL (I was going by what I thought their site said) is a better construction in terms of durability than heavy gauge welded aluminum. Strangely I can clean my Partner stove and after 9 years or so, it still looks very nice. Gosh I hope it's as shiny as SnowPeak though. Shiny is good.

They both boil water, cook food, same size, etc, etc. One is constructed better, made by local Idaho tradesman and is cheaper. A company that sells man purses and $440 ponchos made in China, tells me all I need to know. Not unlike a $40 bucket.

PS: The standard two burner Partners are $230. I have a four burner. Converts to two 2 burners in 5 seconds.