D2 Mantec raised air intake

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
Does anyone have one they will sell to me or, more accurately, sell to my wife so she can give it to me for Christmas? Just say yes because the Christmas hopes and dreams of a little boy (me) are riding on it.

disco_drum

Jan 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
i can round up enough pvc pipe to send your way to make quite a nice snorkel. I will even throw in a can of walmart spray paint to make it black! (or the color of your choice)

the deputy

Sep 20, 2017
michigan
Just made mine over the past couple days, probably six hours total work time...and cost...$18.00. If you know how to weld, or willing to learn, and do a little fab work...it didn't take much to build. Don't know how to post pictures on this joint...but here's a link if you're interested. Air snorkel fab work is on last page.

https://landroverforums.com/forum/b...-mild-ambitious-build-81853/page7/#post628694

Mind you, if this was a nice rig...I'd probably of done a bit better job, and being the first one was a learning experience...so, I'd surely do a better job on the hole in the fender, ovaling the pipe and probably make a top piece out of steel (and may still do that). Just wanted to get it done (taking up wife's rovers spot in the garage), so I used the plastic pieces. Which, if they get snagged on something...they'll break away. Okay, just talked myself into leaving the plastic...insteal of fabing up a metal piece.

Brian.

Blue

Mar 26, 2004
AZ
The PSAON thread isn't really dead....it's a Christmas miracle! Thank you baby Jesus.