A-Pillar mounted Light Bar?

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
Jimmy is gay and so are light bars. Buy a pair of quality 4led x 4led lights and you're good. Or buy some Chinese shit that will get moisture in and look like shit in no time. Not to mention they turn your truck into a complete abortion. Are you guys running the Baja 1000 or some shit on the weekends? I mean really - what speeds and where are you running where you need to throw that much light?

p m

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
La Jolla, CA
www.3rj.org
I'm with Garrett...
D1 headlights put out close to 2k lumens each; looking straight into one three feet away is already dangerous. Now we're putting out 8 or 10 times that.

Yes, one can illuminate a football field, but anyone within 100 ft from the front of the truck will go blind.

K-rover

Jan 15, 2010
Raleigh, NC
My D2 headlights are more or less useless. They work, not very well. Even with high dollar bulbs. The Hellas that came with my truck weren't any better than the headlights, actually they weren't even as bright as the headlights. The 24' light bar just made sense as far as seeing the trail at night.. and yes I do go night riding often! But I could never get used to the look of the light bar. These lights fit the bumper better IMO. I dont need that much light, but I wanted 9" round lights that dont draw a lot of power and are bright enough. These fit the bill just fine for me. Now adding a 54" bar on the roof, plus pods everywhere is annoying.

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
I'm with Garrett...
D1 headlights put out close to 2k lumens each; looking straight into one three feet away is already dangerous. Now we're putting out 8 or 10 times that.

Yes, one can illuminate a football field, but anyone within 100 ft from the front of the truck will go blind.

I run these on my KTM and have had sets on my trucks. It's all you need when running around at night via high beams. I never "got" the whole light bar thing.http://www.rigidindustries.com/products/led-lighting/d-series

ERover82

Nov 26, 2011
Darien Gap
Not sexy, but Hella tractor lights have worked well for me in wooded areas. Warm glow, flood beam, cheap. Not for road aux or desert racers.

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
I have two deep amber ones as my fog lights.

I have the amber covers for my Rigids on my bike. I run those during the day for higher visibility without being annoying. I see dudes running 1, 2 sets of white LEDs on their bikes and it's a little much. Just for Starbucks runs. I got the covers for mine to have some solid day time visibility without being a complete (just partial) douch bag. Then at night I just pop those off and run white light. Makes riding at night quite a bit more stress free seeing as I live in the country with lots of critters.

4Runner

May 24, 2007
Boise Idaho
I've been running Cyclops LED bulbs for a year in the Mrs.Rover for a year now. Love the light and so far no one has complained coming from the other direction. I really love the idea of off road LED list but really can't get past the looks except for well placed small ones, but even then, it can be a tough sell.

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
I've been running Cyclops LED bulbs for a year in the Mrs.Rover for a year now. Love the light and so far no one has complained coming from the other direction. I really love the idea of off road LED list but really can't get past the looks except for well placed small ones, but even then, it can be a tough sell.

I have a Cyclopes LED conversion on my KTM as well. Stock bike headlights are pretty useless. Very good customer service from those folks too.