Disco 5: Let the depression set in

Blueboy

Apr 20, 2004
Back in the USA; Rockwood, PA
the Schilthorn in the Lauterbrunnen Valley in Switzerland) and I'm pretty damned impressed. The first half mile down the glacier is pretty damn steep and I had to wonder how they got the car up there. If they drove it up that would be even more impressive.

yes, it is a very cool place. Driving down is no doubt impressive and the old Steg from Top Gear is pretty amazing, yet, also thought why not show how great the Rover is off-road going up!

Our dealer in Liechtenstein coptered a few Rangies up to the peak next to where we lived to place them inside the restaurant there for the introduction. Very cool. There was stuff coptered all the time to places around us.

bri

Apr 20, 2004
US
Kennith... go drive the AMC GLC Coupe, let me know what you think. I want to read the entire detailed review. ;-)

I know, no low range and not much clearance. I have not seen one yet, but been in some new Benz and really enjoyed them.

JackW

Mar 17, 2005
There is a Discovery 5 board that I found and someone posted on it that they have been in contact with ARB to see if they have anything in work for the new vehicle:

Hi p4vvs,

Not as yet. I have emailed ARB, a Local Drawer Company (http://www.fullboarfourbiedrawers.com.au/) and LongRanger and they all have said Yes its in works but its too early at the moment.

"Once the vehicle is released arb will start development of accessories." From head at ARB

I am so looking forward to researching and finding the right gear for the Disco. Again all personal Choice.

So it looks like with the world wide demand for the new Discovery ramping up I imagine many of the manufacturers will be designing accessories for them as soon as they get their hands on an example.

http://www.disco5forums.co.uk/

WeBeCinYa

Feb 25, 2016
NC
In this pic it looks silly in extended height mode...almost reminds me of one of those trucks with 12" mini wheels/hydraulics.

pinkytoe69

Jan 14, 2012
minnesota
In this pic it looks silly in extended height mode...almost reminds me of one of those trucks with 12" mini wheels/hydraulics.

I think it looks like one of those trucks where someone had the money for the lift but still had to wait a month to pay for the bigger tires.

mgreenspan

Feb 28, 2005
Briggs's Back Yard

Did you see the guy's comment? Serious lift! It has an air suspension that does what all of them do now and we are supposed to continue till believe these are the "most capable" vehicles they've ever built.

You can't see it from that angle, but the back end looks even worse than I previously thought.

What it really reminds me of is when I drove down gold camp road just west of c springs and if was snowy and icy and there was a guy driving down the mountains in an X5 with street tires zigzagging down the road as his wheels were spinning hopelessly.

garrett

Jun 18, 2004
Middleburg, VA
www.blackdogmobility.com
Did you see the guy's comment? Serious lift! It has an air suspension that does what all of them do now and we are supposed to continue till believe these are the "most capable" vehicles they've ever built.

There are a lot of people that truly believe this.

Fuck - as I was typing this I watched the Range Rover commercial where the dude in a glider lands next to his "buddy" with a Range Rover. They look at each other with that "I'm married, but I like cock" look in their eyes.

These are the dudes that think they are the most capable vehicles LR has built.

WeBeCinYa

Feb 25, 2016
NC
Sorry to hurt any feelings, but that car looks like hell. If a "mainstream" new SUV is your desire, have at it.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
At some point a car manufacturer has to start building stuff people want to buy. I'm as sad as anybody that this company isn't building solid axle trucks with swivel housings and a full frame.

I finally saw one of these trucks. First thing I noticed it the engine compartment seems a lot smaller. The acoustic cover on the top of the engine seems right up on against the radiator and shroud, The battery is in the right rear quarter panel behind a trim panel.

fishEH

Jan 26, 2009
Lake Villa, IL
At some point a car manufacturer has to start building stuff people want to buy. I'm as sad as anybody that this company isn't building solid axle trucks with swivel housings and a full frame.

I finally saw one of these trucks. First thing I noticed it the engine compartment seems a lot smaller. The acoustic cover on the top of the engine seems right up on against the radiator and shroud, The battery is in the right rear quarter panel behind a trim panel.
Is Toyota having difficulty selling the 4Runner?? Or Jeep the Wrangler?