Order from GB- Tensioners/Pulley?s

Britrover

Mar 8, 2014
Sunny FL
Gents, I have been patiently restoring my 92 Range Rover classic and just about to undertake a complete tune up and full suspension overhaul. One of the items I also want to address is a whine from my vehicle at start up which I attribute to a defective tensioner/pulley. As a part of the restoration, I am looking to order all parts from the UK, but seeking some guidance if anyone here has the part#?s and descriptions for all the tensioners/ pulleys in the 3.9 V8.

I have searched the web and not landing with concrete part#?s. I would appreciate any input that helps me finalize my order and get the Rover running smooth as butter again.

Tugela

May 21, 2007
Seattle
Is there a particular reason you want to order all your parts from the UK? Right here on Discoweb we have a number of excellent vendors who can source the parts you'll need at competitive prices. Guys like Will Tillery, Marty Powell, Randy Lucas, PT Schram, and others have been hugely helpful in my parts acquisitions.

Britrover

Mar 8, 2014
Sunny FL
Hi, Thanks for your response. Went to Will first and he is unable to source these parts. Tried google and retailers in the US but no joy hence going the UK route. Even in the UK they are special order, but the vendor I found does not have all the parts#'s etc hence seeking the guidance.

chris snell

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2005
I've been ordering from LR Direct a lot lately. I would rather patronize US-based retailers but LRD has a website that's far better, allowing you to see the different manufacturer options for each part and compare the prices between them. They have everything on the site, no special orders needed. The shipping is ridiculously fast (DHL airfreight) and cheap. Almost always cheaper than the equivalent shipping from a US based company.

It feels a little bad using these guys instead of my friends but I just got sick of slow email turn-around times, never knowing what manufacturer made a given part, never being able to find oddball parts, and paying 200% markup to buy at a place that does have the oddball parts (RN). I hope LRD spurs some of the US-based competitors to up theit game.

I'll still buy my off-road parts at Lucky8, however. It's just stuff like transfer case oil seals and a steering wheel fascia to an early Defender that I now get from the U.K.

fishEH

Jan 26, 2009
Lake Villa, IL
I've been ordering from LR Direct a lot lately. I would rather patronize US-based retailers but LRD has a website that's far better, allowing you to see the different manufacturer options for each part and compare the prices between them. They have everything on the site, no special orders needed. The shipping is ridiculously fast (DHL airfreight) and cheap. Almost always cheaper than the equivalent shipping from a US based company.

It feels a little bad using these guys instead of my friends but I just got sick of slow email turn-around times, never knowing what manufacturer made a given part, never being able to find oddball parts, and paying 200% markup to buy at a place that does have the oddball parts (RN). I hope LRD spurs some of the US-based competitors to up theit game.

I'll still buy my off-road parts at Lucky8, however. It's just stuff like transfer case oil seals and a steering wheel fascia to an early Defender that I now get from the U.K.

LRDirect is great for a few reasons. They have just about every part available and many choices of the same part. That means you don't have to order from 3 different sites to get the parts you need. They also show prices in USD. Their shipping cost is also given BEFORE submitting the order. I can't tell you how many times I haven't pulled the trigger on an order from Paddock because the shipping is unknown.