Sticker removal

Discojunky

Apr 20, 2004
Greenville SC
I put some stickers on my Disco probably 12 years ago and they are aluminum foil type not vinyl. I'm trying to get them off and it's tough. I tried a hair dryer doesn't seem to cut it. I want to try a heat gun but don't want to burn the paint.

Ant tips or ideas? it's the stickers on the front quarter panel......"special vehicle" stickers.

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
Get a heat gun. Keep the tip of the heat gun moving and kinda far from the sticker. Keep stopping and laying your hand on the area your heating. Then keep getting a little closer while stopping to feel the surface.

You want it warmer than you can get it with a hairdryer, but not a whole lot warmer. By keeping it moving and adjusting the distance the heat is controllable.

Hubacek

Apr 28, 2015
Dallas, TX
The heat gun. The cheap 1 @ HF for -$10. Used it to remove the factory "LR" stickers on the hood with good results. Are you selling it?

mgreenspan

Feb 28, 2005
Briggs's Back Yard
You could take the panel off and hit both sides with the heat. I used a hair dryer on decals on an 1985 110 and it came off pretty well but required a lot of patience. Heat gun would work next but I'd be very careful.

I'm impressed you have had your truck for that long. Good on you.