rear doors won't unlock

mearstrae

Mar 15, 2017
Pennsylvania
My wife came to me with a strange problem. The rear doors on her 1999 DII won't open. Tried a few easy checks, to no avail. Is there anything that usually goes wrong and puts the doors in hard lock? :banghead:

pdogg

Jul 18, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Super locking the doors may cause havoc, when an actuator fails at the same time.. But suddenly both doors stopped?

mearstrae

Mar 15, 2017
Pennsylvania
Both rear doors will not open from either the inside, or of course the outside. Can't open with inside door handles, and can't pull up the lock buttons. Scanner shows no faults. Super lock is an understatement...

pdogg

Jul 18, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Rear tailgate opens? While I’m no expert, but I believe there’s a BCU or Window ECU that might be causing this..

discostew

Sep 14, 2010
Northern Illinois
It's possible that both rear door locks failed, they are that shitty. It's also possible that what they call a bulkhead connector has corrosion in it. The connector has all the door lock circuits in it and its possible the doors are not getting the unlock signal. I say that because if the door lock is in superlock it should come out of superlock with an unlock signal. It was common for them to fail in superlock. If that happened we would pull the belt molding off to gain access, then break the superlock motor off the latch with a long screw driver and a hammer. Once the motor is broken off the latch you can dig around in there with the screw driver and move the mechanism.

It's no fun.