Discovery 2 Chirping Pulley

Saturnine

Jan 27, 2018
Denver
Where'd you get your WP from? I am having similar problems after replacing my WP and everything else in the cooling system :banghead:

New water pump fixed the noise but now the truck wants to overheat. Never done that before. Also, tried turning heat on, but no hot air. Must be related, could it be air in the system? System is pressurizing, hoses are hot so coolant is flowing. I'm at a loss On this one

jsonova99

Apr 14, 2005
Snow Hill, MD
I have to admit to buying a Britpart pump, not genuine. I put so few miles on the truck that I figured I try it. I don't think it's the pump though, this pump may not go another 100k, which I'll never come close to putting on it anyway, but it should work. I have an OBD2 scanner on my dash, so I've always watched my temps like a hawk.

ezzzzzzz

Apr 22, 2010
SE Va
I know that britpart gets a justified bad rap however I've used many of their parts over the years with comparable success rates to other OEM/aftermarket bits. That said, the harder a part is to replace the more likely I am to spend money on a higher quality piece.

jsonova99

Apr 14, 2005
Snow Hill, MD
I was actually surprised, the water pump wasn't that bad of a job other than removing the old gasket. I put about 1000-1500 mikes a year in this thing so if I get 5-10 years (if I still have the truck). I'm game for trying it. I've used a lot of britpart stuff on my 67, but every job on that is an order of magnitude easier, unless you're fighting rusty bolts. We'll see I guess.

jsonova99

Apr 14, 2005
Snow Hill, MD
Bled the system again, seems to be fine now. Heat is piping hot and she's running around 190-194 which is a little higher than before when it would settle at 188.6 but it still may need some topping off.